Post your Gig Pics

Not sure of the sizes vs the black kit I'm used to seeing you play but that DW kit just looks bigger for some reason
Mostly the same as the Slingerland

The same 22”, 13” & 16” but with an extra 14“ Floor Tom, so one extra drum.

I left the 12” and 24” that I also have at home, but I was tempted to go for even more excess just to see my bandmates reaction😂

Busy weekend with three outdoor gigs and back on the Slingerland due to the weather (rains a lot on bank holiday weekends over in England 😂)

Fridays gig, a small family ’sparkly‘ themed festival gig with the wobbliest ever stage. Thought my stands were going to tip over at one point.

It rained during our set

IMG_4701.jpeg

Saturdays gig, a pub garden beer and cider festival. First photo is a young girl we got up to sing backing vocals as she was bouncing along all gig, she had a great time.

The second is my daughter at her first proper gig as all my family came. She loved it, and I loved seeing her dancing around with an inflatable guitar. She wants to come to all my gigs now and probably my favourite ever gig due to her being there.

It rained during our set

IMG_4735.jpeg

df916494-6325-41af-a22b-ccb17f4faa49.jpeg
Sundays gig, a festival in the garden of a pub in the Forest of Dean. Was ok, but we were all tired by that point from 3x2+ hour gigs in a row. Plus, someone swiped my car in the car park, causing a small dent. Not the best way to end the weekend but what can you do.

It rained during our set

IMG_4740.jpeg

Great weekend but another negative?, I turned 40 on Friday and my bandmates announced it to each audience and sang Happy Birthday every single gig this weekend, knowing it would embarrass me 😂. Thankfully a drum towel over my face each time worked wonders.

Great weekend, topped off by some drinks in town last night as a band but very much enjoying a rest at home with my daughter today, plus not having to load / unload the car for a week or two.

Last edited:
Anyone have any sweet show pictures? theres something so much better about pictures of people actually playing the kit. ill post some soon, im at work right now.

An unknown person was kind enough to capture and forward this one to us. Something about this pic I've always liked. I was told by more than a few people that night that one of the previous drummers of the Scorpions was there. Just remembered my vocalist grabbed a pic of the two of them that night. I guess he really was.

1693264001543.png

Here's another by a pretty talented photographer imho

1693264559417.png

This was earlier today at a local music festival. They severely overbooked, 21 bands for 9 hours with 2 stages, so everyone's set got cut extremely short. With that I decided to just go small and keep it simple.

View attachment 138309View attachment 138308

jeez...that is a pretty brutal schedule...good thign you got wind before hand and brought that stealthy guy!!

I always dread fair and festival gigs, but last night was not too bad. Even dragged out my K Custom for the first time in years!20230908_204852.jpgIMG_20230908_201104_106.jpg

last night was not too bad.
Nice! What's the electronic device on your left?

index.php

Nice! What's the electronic device on your left?
That's a Yamaha MG102C 8-channel powered mixer that I use as an in-ear monitor mixer. The IEMs (MeeAudio M6 Pros) are on the timbale. The red cable is the monitor feed going in.20230909_172330.jpg

Last edited:
That's a Yamaha MG102C 8-channel powered mixer that I use as an in-ear monitor mixer. The IEMs (MeeAudio M6 Pros) are on the timbale. The red cable is the monitor feed going in.
Deluxe setup! 💪

Deluxe setup! 💪
To be honest, the mixer was $100 when I got it and the M6 Pros are $50. It's probably one of the cheapest and easiest ways to get into IEMs. There's 2-channel compact mixers that sell for even less.

To be honest, the mixer was $100 when I got it and the M6 Pros are $50. It's probably one of the cheapest and easiest ways to get into IEMs. There's 2-channel compact mixers that sell for even less.
True, but *you* are in control of your monitor loudness. There's been gigs (much like your fair/festival) where we worked on levels for 5 minutes and the monitor guy said, "Just signal me if you want a change." Well then, please at least look at me when I need your help... oh dear, I'm gonna suffer the entire gig with a keyboard 12 dB louder than anything else. 😤

Back