Post your Gig Pics

A few shots from my most recent session!
A suspended low tom.

Jealousy GIF by The Roku Channel

Some would say it's an incredible luxury as a drummer from Glasgow. I've seen my fair share of floor toms with drumsticks for legs
Wow, fancy! You mean you don't have to have some bloke holding it the whole night? :ROFLMAO:

what do you think about those Centent cymbals?

the drum corps/indoor drumline I work with got a sponsorship this past year. i like some of what they sent, but am still up in the air about others
Man I really like them. I'm playing the B20 Emperor line. If you could combine K Sweets and HHX Complex's I'm pretty sure Emperor's is what you would get.

I'm using 15" hats, 17", 18", & 19" crashes, an 18" ozone crash, and 21" ride in this set up.

Man I really like them. I'm playing the B20 Emperor line. If you could combine K Sweets and HHX Complex's I'm pretty sure Emperor's is what you would get.

I'm using 15" hats, 17", 18", & 19" crashes, an 18" ozone crash, and 21" ride in this set up.

Very nice sounding group 🤠🤠🤠

What sort of music do you play? Is that ride crashable?
That ride isn't crashable by most drummer's standards but I find it works fine for the way I play and what I need it to do. I don't typically use very washy sounds all that often (even the small crash I had set up here is rare for me). This ride has a strong defined ping with slight tonal variation depending on where you play it between the bell and edge and the bell itself is incredible. If I'm playing up tempo ride patterns or any sort of hihat work and I need a crash sound or some sort of accent I can strike the bow area with the shoulder of the stick and produce a pleasant crash sound that doesn't linger. You can certainly crash the edge and it sounds great but you have to have a light hand or it gets way too loud and you cannot repeatedly crash the edge or it becomes "gongy". I use the "stick shoulder smacking the bow" method for most crash sounds and save the full blown edge crash for dramatic endings.

Music wise... This band is hard to describe. We mix surf rock, garage rock, doo wop, prog, and take a lot of influence from older music from the 50s-60s. Here is our Spotify link that goes to a "most popular songs" page (whatever that means lol) and each individual album is linkable at the bottom of the page.

We have been conversationally referred to as "basement glam" and "doom wop"

A gig at a bar an hour's drive from my home, at a town of about 1,200 people. Time: 10–midnight. Our take: $250. They loved my mate and he's already booked the next gig. My setup took ~4 minutes. 😎

IMG_9897.jpegIMG_9899.jpeg

Back