THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

Wanted!

Any available Acrolites out there?

More of a research inquiry to start, but I'm honestly embarrassed to say I don't own one at this point.😞
I have two Black Galaxy Acros I intend to sell. I actually have 3 (and one of the gray Acros also) but the one I had the throw mount holes drilled out to accommodate a P-88, I'm keeping, but recently I've stumbled across two more. One has a school band sticker on the side that's been partially peeled off and I haven't bothered to finish the job, some of the top tension rods are bent, and the top hoop has some chrome flaked off, likely from being haphazardly packed in the old clamshell school case with the stand. The other is near mint. I'm thinking $175 for the one that needs TLC and $225 for the mint one. I can send you pics of either/both. I'm been considering offering them as a pair- the mint one good for playing now and the other for parts or for a fixer-upper.

I got a 18" x 24" PDP Concept Series Birch kick drum up for grabs.
Brand new, still has the factory tags and plastic wrap on the shell. The catch is there's no claws or tension rods. Just the shell w/lugs and hoops.
Asking $200 plus shipping if not in SoCal. Open to reasonable offers.

IMG_3242.jpegIMG_3243.jpegPair of Tama Camco single bass drum pedals with original beaters and cases. Upgraded with Canopus speedstar bearings (original bearings also included). Legendary pedal used by Elvin Jones, Bill Stewart, and many more. $325

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    666.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3246.jpeg
    IMG_3246.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 2
WTB: Paiste Signature or Prototype 14" bottom only Hi Hat cymbal.

Etched blue/green/black 13x7 Pork Pie brass snare. Best looking PP brass snare I have seen the coloring is fabulous.

Evans UV1 batter (not the Remo Amb pictured)

Pretty much mint.

$335 including CONUS shipping.

Payment via PayPal. Shipping to your verified PP address.

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpgIMG_6124.jpgIMG_6125.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to buy a pair of Valje congas (quinto and conga). Either the real deal from before the brand got bought by LP, or the Armando Peraza cherry wood ones made by LP. There’s a pair on Reverb, I know, but I’m still keeping my eyes open.

Wanted: Angel drum hoops 14-10 hole batter and snare side.

Thanks,
Clyde

Possible trade for equal quality kit any brand with 22X14 or 20X14 kick. This 4 pc shell pack is 8x10 9X12 11X14 18X22 in good players condition. The fl. tom has legs (the pic shows it hanging, I've added legs since then)Tama Starclassic Performer all birch 2003-2006 model. Would like to trade for a kit with 14X20 or 14X22 kick, tom diameters are not as important, but no deep ones. More pic and info upon request.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1710561444801.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710561444801.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 8
  • Resized_FB_IMG_1570307941649_88421021352570.jpg
    Resized_FB_IMG_1570307941649_88421021352570.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Last edited:
For Sale:

1936-37 Ray Bauduc #405 Dual Strainer snare drum, 7x14, Lyre badge, slightly aged white marine pearl, mahogany/poplar/mahogany construction, extremely rare! In spectacular condition for being 87-88 years old. These drums don't show up very often, and this one has lived a charmed life, it seems.

In 1936, William F. Ludwig Sr, loaded his car up with these snares and went on a sales trip throughout New England, selling them to music stores. maybe this is one of the original ones he sold. Because Mr. Ludwig sold the Ludwig name to Conn Corporation in 1929, he he was obliged to call his new company WFL Drum Co. That's what you see on the Lyre badge in very small print, along with the name, William F. Ludwig.

The dual strainer mechanism is fully functional and complete. This unit still works just as it should. Contains two sets of snare wires, coiled snappy snares and silk wire. This gives the drummer four distinct tonal options. The internal muffler is there, but the pad is missing. Two of the coils on the snappy wires appear to be missing. I believe these snappy wires can be replaced. The drum sounds just fine as it is. The wrap is solid and tight, the shell has no damage and appears to be in round.

If you plan to gig the drum, treat it with care, as these WFL dual strainers are impossible to find. I gigged the drum once, and it sounds great and is very versatile for all types of music.

This historically significant snare drum is fairly priced at $899 due to its rarity, originality and completeness.

PLEASE READ: The drum will be professionally packed and shipped via FedEx. Shipping is set at $60 anywhere in the ConUSA. I will refund the buyer the difference if shipping is less than $60, minus the cost of materials. I guarantee that! You will be pleased with this drum. My descriptions are very accurate and fair. Canadian shipping TBD. Prefer not to ship internationally. Ask questions first. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• WFL 10.jpg
    WFL 10.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Gretsch Marquee Maple Snare $235
Marquee Snare  pic 1.jpgMarquee Snare pic 2.jpgMarquee Snare  pic 3.jpgSnare Bag.jpg

New Marquee 5-1/2” x 14”snare in natural matted finish.

Shell is the same wood and ply makeup as the Gretsch Renown snare.
Same throw off and lugs as Gretsch Renown.
Shell inside has a nice light brown lacquer finish.
Comes with US REMO Coated Ambassador batter head.

Replaced OEM resonant head with US REMO Ambassador resonant.
Replaced all OEM plastic washers on tuning rods with Hendrix black sleeved washers.

Hoops are 3.2mm triple flange.
Nice hardware chroming.
Snare has a clean open sound.

Comes with a new Gator snare carrying bag.

Video links below or cut & paste in browser. (Just for reference)

Snare Only:

Snare with Kit:

Accept Pay-Pal only.

Free UPS delivery to US lower 48. Shipping to your verified PP address.

Anyquestions, please feel free to contact me though DW.

Thanks, Force3005​

Last edited:
FOR SALE:
Hi folks, I'm selling my Brooklyn Series kit.. - $2,100.00 shipped/lower 48 states.
This is a somewhat, "custom" Gretsch Brooklyn Series drum set. The Tangerine Glass Glitter finish isn't typically offered in the Brooklyn Series and the folks from Gretsch were kind enough to make the bass drum in a 15" depth. These are absolutely fantastic drums and definitely have that combo sound/feel of a vintage meets modern sound and feel. (particularly, in the feel-department, imo) - And if you have any questions about the drums, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sizes are as follows: 7x10*, 8x12,* 14x16*, & 15x20 bd/ no mount
*I will also include a fresh set of Ambassadors for the toms, plus two Tama MTH900 tom arms that I swapped out the smaller L-arms for the larger, 12.7mm (Gretsch/DW) size for mounting the 10 & 12

Per the Gretsch website -

Brooklyn drums feature 6-ply North American maple/poplar shells and are made slightly thicker than Gretsch’s USA Custom Drums and have a 30-degree bearing edge. Shell interiors are finished with classic Gretsch Silver Sealer. Each shell comes with a distinctive Brooklyn internal shell label that identifies the drum shell model number and serial number.

Brooklyn toms and snares feature the distinctive Gretsch “302” hoop. Its 3mm thick and double-flanged and is reminiscent of hoops used by Gretsch until the mid 1950’s. Brooklyn delivers classic Gretsch tones that are full, punchy and warm.

Attachments

• IMG_9841.jpg
    IMG_9841.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9842.jpg
    IMG_9842.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9843.jpg
    IMG_9843.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9844.jpg
    IMG_9844.jpg