THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Can’t believe I’m selling one of my beloved Guru snares: a 7x13 tigerwood stave drum. It’s an extraordinary instrument made by the best, but I just dislike 13” drums. I prefer the larger playing surface that a 14” offers. Might as well go to someone who will use it. Comes with a Protection Racket AAA case. $700 USD. I’m in Maryland USA and will try a local sale first.

Also for sale is a Van Kleef 6.5x14 magnesium snare, 2mm thick shell. Also going to try a local sale first. $700.
Sent you a message Rich.

alparrott

Platinum Member

steadypocket

Gold Member
Hah! I was wondering if you might have something to say about this! ;-) Unfortunately, it's only available for local pickup right now. :(
Just because I’m lazy and don’t want to deal with shipping lol, not to mention dealing with careless shippers if something goes wrong. Not a single query yet locally so if I get no takers by next week, I’ll ship it if there is still interest. Would much prefer that this drum go to a DW member who would treasure it.

Updated Post with reduced prices and extra items.
Ludwig Centennial 6 piece Silver Lacquer and Paiste 2002 cymbals

22 × 20" bass drum
16" and 14" floor Tom's
12" and 10" rack Tom's (with ludwig rims style mounting hardware)
14" snare
Double tom stand (ludwig)
22" 2002 ride
15" 2002 sound edge hihats

Drums were purchased in 2007/2008.
Everything is in good working condition with some cosmetic wear detailed below:
Light / minor rust / spotting on some hardware (floor tom legs, bass drum lugs), scuffed bass drum hoop from kick pedal, and a small crack in the lacquer on the 16" floor tom. These drums sound great and tune up easily. The snare is lively with plenty of body. All bearing edges in good condition. Please note that the bass drum does not include the clear PS3 batter pictured but I can include the stock bass drum heads or an aquarian coated superkick 3. I have a selection of new and used heads that you can choose from if you dont like the heads on the other drums. Cymbals are in good condition, no cracks dings or keyholing.

Prices:
$800 for just the drums and the hardware.
$200 for the ride
$275 for the hats
$25 dollars off each item if you buy more than one (up to $75 for buying all 3).
I have a Free Giovanni LP conga with a stained playing surface that comes free with any purchase.
Please note cymbals pictured other than the 2002s are not for sale.

Located in Brooklyn, NY. Pickup only.
Text 401 864 9360 if intrested. Thanks!20210630_184720.jpg20210630_184720.jpg20210707_172301.jpg20210630_181812.jpg20210630_181434.jpg20210630_181947.jpg20210630_182002.jpg20210630_181356.jpg20210616_203224.jpg20210505_171807.jpg20210505_171815.jpg

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Just because I’m lazy and don’t want to deal with shipping lol, not to mention dealing with careless shippers if something goes wrong. Not a single query yet locally so if I get no takers by next week, I’ll ship it if there is still interest. Would much prefer that this drum go to a DW member who would treasure it.
You know, I actually kind of like that there's an element of drama here. Fingers crossed folks! Team Spleeeeen!

Darth Vater

You can't ship a snare drum? Whew! That IS lazy!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It's like shipping the Statue of David..

It's not like it can be replaced should something go wrong.

That horse done bolted. This could be the first 2nd sale of a Guru drum.

Probably not but I'm not aware of any. Andy would know.

steadypocket

Gold Member
It's like shipping the Statue of David..

It's not like it can be replaced should something go wrong.

That horse done bolted. This could be the first 2nd sale of a Guru drum.

Probably not but I'm not aware of any. Andy would know.
I have three others that aren’t going anywhere Larry. Just never reach for a 13” drum.

dwsabianguy

Bit of a long shot here, but if anyone has a 16" Sabian AA Bright Crash in natural finish, please shoot me a PM!

RickP

Gold Member
I'm trying to thin the herd. If anyone is interested in these let me know. Killer steambent set in excellent condition. They look and sound great. Of course you could always buy a Craviotto and pay 3X as much! ;)

I can attest to the quality of these drums ( I own a kit ) and I think they have the best build quality of any drum set I have ever owned . They sound and look superb and as stated above they are a fraction of the cost of a Craviotto or other steambent kit . This Company may get big and this would allow you to get in on the ground floor for a reasonable cost .

billymcgill

'03 Gretsch USA Maple Series 20"/10"/12"/14". Offers around £1850. Postage Available.

- 10" X 7" 6 ply maple rack tom

- 12" X 8" 6 ply maple rack tom

- 14" X 12" 6 ply maple rack tom

- 20" X 18" 10 ply maple bass drum

(5 lugs on 10" and 12", 8 lugs on 14" and BD)

- 2.3mm triple flanged Gretsch hoops

- Gretsch suspension mounting system

- natural maple bass hoops (these are new - it also comes with the original black hoops)

- 3 X Gretsch tom mounts

Heads:

- Coated over clear Remo Ambassadors (as new)

- Aquarian Superkick II bass batter head (as new)

- Aquarian Regulator bass reso head (as new)

The maple series was a limited run line of USA-made, pre-configured kits sold between around '03 and '05.

These are essentially off-the-shelf USA customs and came about in order to fulfil the back log on Gretsch's production line.

They are the same shells and hardware used in the USA customs but were offered in a limited number of configurations and only 3 finishes, in this case Satin Azure Black (this is why they are not called 'Customs' because they weren't as customise-able).

The finish is a really nice warm dark stain that shows the grain of the wood underneath very nicely

Having researched these kits, I can tell it is a 2003 model because it has triple flanged hoops - from '04 they started selling them with diecast hoops. This means that the shells on this kit are likely to be the iconic Jasper shells used by Gretsch from 1958 to 2003 that are etched into Gretsch nerd fokelore.

Gretsch used 5 lug configuration on their 10" and 12" drums as it reduces the amount of hardware on the drum and allows the shell to resonate better. These also have the famous 'silver sealer' on the insides of the shells, which indicates that these are the top-of-the-line USA shells.

The bearing edges are all perfect as is the consistency of the shell roundness. This was made during a great era for Gretsch and its quality control.

The toms all sound fantastic and take to different tunings very well. The bass drum is very beefy, responsive and is one of the very few I've played that sounds good with no damping.

The history of this kit is that in its early life, it was used in London's West End, it then ended up in Scotland, where I bought it in 2012. I took it with me when I moved to Belfast and am now moving to a smaller house and won't have space anymore.

Bad bits: there are a fair few minor scuffs and scratches but no more than you might expect from a nearly 20 year old kit. I've tried to show them in some of the photos but I have more detailed ones to send on if requested.

I don't have any recordings of my kit, but this YouTube clip is a good representation (slightly deeper 14" tom and shallower BD on the kit in the clip)

I have only ever found one other of these kits for sale (the one in the above youtube clip), so this is a chance to get yourself a rare piece of Gretsch history and an amazing kit at the same time. I will be very sad to see it go.

Any further questions or photo requests, please ask.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 10 2.jpg
    10 2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 4
  • 12 2.jpg
    12 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 14 2.jpg
    14 2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 5
  • bd top.jpg
    bd top.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6

Darth Vater

I can attest to the quality of these drums ( I own a kit ) and I think they have the best build quality of any drum set I have ever owned . They sound and look superb and as stated above they are a fraction of the cost of a Craviotto or other steambent kit . This Company may get big and this would allow you to get in on the ground floor for a reasonable cost .
Summit kit is sold and the ad has been deleted.

Justinhub2003

I am doing a serious clean out of my drum inventory. And I’m down to just 6 snares left. With half being 13”..

That said I have built up an insane inventory of drumheads. Some are brand new, others are like and zero are lifeless.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing this Lot of 14” snare heads. There are 3 Evans HD Dry that are brand new. Everything from snare side heads to Evans Calftone.

I’d sell the whole lot of them for 70 bucks and I’ll cover shipping.

Let me know.

I’ll be doing the same for 22” bass drum heads, 10, 12 and 16” toms.

I just have too much crap:

ECC6DA7F-EDAE-447D-8A0A-83556E16B056.jpeg