Anyone attending NAMM 2022? Gear predictions?

This is actually quite an interesting point you have raised.

I wonder if there's anything new in the gear department that is really of need that isn't yet available to us?
After the first 2 NAMM shows, the answer was no.
Classes were all I did after that, as the vendor floor was all the same stuff (just in a different color) year after year.

Lol I remember that, and scoured the internet to find one but to no avail.

I think that Sonor finish is super ugly also.

Here, have a 360 Spider- ;)

iu

I'll be there. As for gear predictions, I'm going to out on a limb:
  1. John Good will premiere DW's latest-and-greatest-limited-edition-once-in-a-millennium-better-than-sliced-bread line of drums that sound like... drums.
  2. Yamaha will once again take over the Anaheim Marriott ballroom to showcase a new line of drums with yet another lug design that detaches from the shell when changing heads, saving you approx. 2.5 seconds with every head change (unless you lose one of those lugs, in which case it adds approx. 5 months to your head-change time).
  3. Tama will unveil another line in their legendary Starclassic series that is exquisitely built, sounds like how angels playing drums would sound—and is hideous to look at due to the questionable finishes offered.
  4. Pearl will once again take over that 2nd-floor ballroom with drums that precisely copy the sound of other manufacturers' drums (i.e. Gretsch USA), since they can't seem to come up with their own uniquely identifiable sound.
  5. Sonor will revert to their slotted tuning rods for all drums henceforth, turning millions of "normal" drum keys into fancy paper weights.
  6. British Drum Co. will show up with the same drums as the last NAMM, touted by representatives who sound strangely like Bond villains.
  7. Mapex will unveil the "floatiest" and most highly engineered tom arm ever imagined. Unfortunately, each tom arm is the size of a small school bus and costs about $80,000.
  8. Vox will show off their weird kit with the bass drum that looks like it partially melted. Plenty of people will snap pics, but no one will actually care to play it.
  9. Zildjian will show off their new As and Ks that sound just like their old As and Ks.
  10. Sabian, having seen the error of their ways, will revert back to their old logo and will publicly behead the leader of the PR agency that designed that monstrosity.
  11. Meinl will beg people not to play any of their cymbals, because they sound a LOT better in recordings and videos than they do in person.
  12. Ludwig, being the least innovative drum company in existence, will show off the exact same lines of drums they've been selling for decades.
  13. Premier will... oh forget it. There's no way Premier is going to NAMM.
  14. Finally, Gretsch (now owned by DW) will have a paltry showing of drums in the DW booth, so as not to overshadow the DW kits on display (since Gretsch drums sound SO MUCH BETTER than DWs).
I think that about covers it.
hahahahahaha this is the most accurate post I think I've seen on this forum.

This is 100% truth.
hahahahahaha this is the most accurate post I think I've seen on this forum.

Thanks. A couple more...

15. Paiste will unveil their new tagline: "It's PIE-stee, not PAY-stee, dammit!"
16. Some random Chinese manufacturer of low-end drums destined for Sears catalogues will sit around looking bored because no one is stopping by their booth.

Ludwig, being the least innovative drum company in existence, will show off the exact same lines of drums they've been selling for decades.
Those Vistalite reissue kits look pretty cool though.

I'd love it if ludwig added black chrome hardware. It'd modernise their kits while still keeping that traditional Ludwig vibe.

Oh.....for those members going, could you guys please post some pics of the show please?

I don't know if you are allowed to take any pictures inside......but if you are I'd really appreciate it.

I'll be there. As for gear predictions, I'm going to out on a limb:
  1. John Good will premiere DW's latest-and-greatest-limited-edition-once-in-a-millennium-better-than-sliced-bread line of drums that sound like... drums.
  2. Yamaha will once again take over the Anaheim Marriott ballroom to showcase a new line of drums with yet another lug design that detaches from the shell when changing heads, saving you approx. 2.5 seconds with every head change (unless you lose one of those lugs, in which case it adds approx. 5 months to your head-change time).
  3. Tama will unveil another line in their legendary Starclassic series that is exquisitely built, sounds like how angels playing drums would sound—and is hideous to look at due to the questionable finishes offered.
  4. Pearl will once again take over that 2nd-floor ballroom with drums that precisely copy the sound of other manufacturers' drums (i.e. Gretsch USA), since they can't seem to come up with their own uniquely identifiable sound.
  5. Sonor will revert to their slotted tuning rods for all drums henceforth, turning millions of "normal" drum keys into fancy paper weights.
  6. British Drum Co. will show up with the same drums as the last NAMM, touted by representatives who sound strangely like Bond villains.
  7. Mapex will unveil the "floatiest" and most highly engineered tom arm ever imagined. Unfortunately, each tom arm is the size of a small school bus and costs about $80,000.
  8. Vox will show off their weird kit with the bass drum that looks like it partially melted. Plenty of people will snap pics, but no one will actually care to play it.
  9. Zildjian will show off their new As and Ks that sound just like their old As and Ks.
  10. Sabian, having seen the error of their ways, will revert back to their old logo and will publicly behead the leader of the PR agency that designed that monstrosity.
  11. Meinl will beg people not to play any of their cymbals, because they sound a LOT better in recordings and videos than they do in person.
  12. Ludwig, being the least innovative drum company in existence, will show off the exact same lines of drums they've been selling for decades.
  13. Premier will... oh forget it. There's no way Premier is going to NAMM.
  14. Finally, Gretsch (now owned by DW) will have a paltry showing of drums in the DW booth, so as not to overshadow the DW kits on display (since Gretsch drums sound SO MUCH BETTER than DWs).
I think that about covers it.
/Thread

Drum Workshop is creating a new interactive monthly publication for tablets called, "Resuscitations," wherein each month a new long-forgotten classic rock drummer is given a new DW drum kit and a makeover including cool clothes and a nice haircut. Each month's issue includes a 10% off coupon for complete DW kits with Exotic Wood veneers and 9000 series hardware, good only for Oral Surgeons, Lawyers, Hedge Fund guys, and others with documented mid-life crises.

Also coming up from DW is the Virgil Donati Signature Speed Throne is said to improve fugga dugga double bass speed by 27% with no additional practice.

• Haha
Reactions: iCe
I'd love it if ludwig added black chrome hardware. It'd modernise their kits while still keeping that traditional Ludwig vibe.

Reading your post made me think that satin chrome should make it's way back too :D

Hi LDD......are you going for anything in particular?

Or are you just going for a looky-see?
Going to get a little face time with friends and industry folk I haven't otherwise seen in two years (for obvious reasons).

May possibly be once again doing the seminar on Endorsement Programs, however It's not yet been confirmed.

I'll be there. Most of the big names are skipping it (Gibson, Fender, DW, Sabian, Zildjian, etc) so I'm mainly going to attend education sessions and see friends/network with new people.

Back