wraub
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• wraub
      wraub reacted to vyacheslav's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      Good advice here by others. I store my kits in their bags in my basement. I have them up on moving/furniture dollies which keep them...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to bongoman's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      Avoid storing drums in foam lined cases. Over time the foam can chemically react with your wrap or finish, causing adhesion or...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      Even second floors can spring leaks. Get an old pallet or something plastic to get them off the floor. As far as temperature and...
    • wraub
      wraub replied to the thread Storing drums- Advice?.
      Thanks all. Further info- second floor location, no water sources (except fire sprinklers), pretty much no humidity at all, no animals...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to Tamboreter's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      And those extremes (at home anyways) are not reached instantaneously as in going from a walk-in freezer or cooler to sauna-like heat in...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to BruceW's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      All of the above are real good, sound practices. To the extreme, I had my kit sitting in my garage for nearly 20 years, in their...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to JoeVermont's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Wow Wow.
      Plug or obstruct any holes to keep critters from moving in. I had a kick drum stored outside of a case for a winter in my basement...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to Syncopated_1's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      De-tension heads, PLACE IN GIG BAGS, then into the storage facility. Storage facilities have restrooms that use water. I would never...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to Jeremy Bender's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      Keep off the floor to prevent water intrusion (distribution warehouses and stores keep items on dunnage racks). Sonor Germany...
    • wraub
      wraub reacted to tris66's post in the thread Storing drums- Advice? with Like Like.
      I just stack the drums on small pieces of wood and cover them with old, cotton bed sheets. Water, humidity and animals is what I'd like...
    • wraub
      Hey all, been a minute. Hoping all here are well. Have a whole lot going on and need to store some things, including the drum set. The...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back