iCe
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• iCe
      iCe reacted to tris66's post in the thread Bass drum hoop warping with Like Like.
      I have a warped hoop on a late 30s WFL and a 65 Ludwig. Both were from age and abuse, IMO. Equal tension is a good thing in many ways.
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread Bass drum hoop warping with Like Like.
      Dismantle and re-center the hoop to see if that helps. One of my kits has a warped hoop so it takes me longer to change a head. If it...
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Square's post in the thread Bass drum hoop warping with Like Like.
      I've seen it as well. I had a 60s Slingerland that had one hoop warped. It wasn't as bad as what you show, but warped still.
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Stroman's post in the thread Bass drum hoop warping with Like Like.
      I've seen it. It's probably not so much warped as it is pulled off center/out of round. I've seen it with single flange metal hoops...
    • iCe
      Hi all, I noticed last Friday that the hoop on the batter side of the kit I'm using is warped. It's a shared kit in the rehearsal...
      • 20240315_120920.jpg
      • 20240315_120700.jpg
      • 20240315_120324.jpg
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to I-P's post in the thread when do you "stack cymbals" ? with Haha Haha.
      I'm being silly and cracking jokes. Hi-hats ARE stacked cymbals. I'll show myself out. 😅
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Justinhub2003's post in the thread Danny Carey with Like Like.
      Danny is legend. Bonham and Carey are why I play drums.
    • iCe
      iCe replied to the thread when do you "stack cymbals" ?.
      Terry Bozzio, Mike Portnoy, Virgil Donati, Benny Greb, Matt Garstka... just to name a few. People stack cymbals to get a sort of 'white...
    • iCe
      iCe replied to the thread Danny Carey.
      Crikey, about to bump this thread after 3 1/2 years hehe Saw this sunday and thought i'd post it here. Very cool!
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Elvis's post in the thread What stick size do you use? with Like Like.
      These are listed as "5B", but .610" seems like a pretty fat 5B. Closer to 2B's I've played. Says it has a "protected" shoulder area...
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to Al Strange's post in the thread What stick size do you use? with Like Like.
      I recommend Vater nylon 2B sticks. :) (y)
    • iCe
      iCe replied to the thread Rude thin crash.
      I haven't gotten it yet, but i have the 19" Rude Thin Crash on my wishlist together with the 19" 2002 Crash. Just ordered the 15" 2002...
    • iCe
      iCe reacted to equipmentdork's post in the thread Rude thin crash with Like Like.
      I have the 18" and I like the sound a lot. I haven't tried to ride on it yet. Dan
    • iCe
      iCe replied to the thread What stick size do you use?.
      Whelp.... back to the trusty 2B's again. I tried the Ahead Rock sticks again last Friday and after 3 songs i felt my shoulder and arm...
    • iCe
      iCe replied to the thread Mike Portnoy.
      Well, it isn't for sale as far as i know, so that rules out the option of it being a store ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back