Recent content by iCe

1. iCe

Calling Pearl Masters owners past and present

Looks like an older model, but judging from just one pic looks like in a good condition! If you get it be sure to swap those ISS mounts for optimounts though.
  2. iCe

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Nice! Snuck in some Paragons it seems? :)
  3. iCe

Drum gear you don't like the looks of but you like the sound of it

Zildjian Crash of Doom. Looks like it went out, got absolutely hammered and ran face first into a lamppost. But it does sound amazingly good!
  4. iCe

For those of you with foreign spouses...

No, but knowing Germans, you'd probably get a complimentary Jägermeister with your order of schnitzel and beer anyway, so you're not far off anyway :p
  5. iCe

For those of you with foreign spouses...

The only German you'll even need is 'darf Ich bitte ein Jägerschnitzel mit ein grosses bier, bitte' ;) Don't know if i spelled it right; had German in middle school for 2 years and that's over 25 years ago hehe. Dutch and German are similar in many ways, but still i struggle with translating...
  6. iCe

“Playing with albums is the only thing you ever need to practice”

Playing along with records helped me understand the basics of songs, but learning the tricky part of a song is still 'old fashioned' practicing. Especially with writing your own music. We have a song that features a double pass part with the right and left foot alternating being in the lead. No...
  7. iCe

Who uses 13" hats?

Actually he switched to the 14" Paragons as main for the last few tours and used an Artisan hi-hat on the x-hat. http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/drums/drumkits/drums_history.htm (Time Machine tour and up)
  8. iCe

What piece of gear didn't live up to expectation.

Recently tried a pair of Paiste Signature 14" Sound Edge hi-hats. Sounded very nice on the samples and recordings, but when i got them they just weren't doing it for me. Because of they wavy bottom i got too much sloshy sound, even when closed tightly. But in the end that has made me realize...
  9. iCe

We finally moved to a new hoster!

From The Netherlands here and it almost feels like a home game, but for the record:
  10. iCe

Anyone try the new Attack heads by Cardinal Percussion yet?

Now you mentioned it, it doesn't list Attack anymore on his website. Still spot them in his recent vids though, wonder if he would go back to Remo.
  11. iCe

Who uses 13" hats?

My main hats are 14" New Beats and i have the 13" on my x-hat for many years. Did occasionally swap them, but i prefer the sound of the 14" as main hats. The 13" do make excellent x-hats though, they cut through and the closed sound i much more prefer of the 14". But when i open them they have...
  12. iCe

Scott Travis / Judas Priest setup

Same with Dave Lombardo, he sits really low too. Whatever feels comfy! And if he has back problems, I'm sure he has a healthy supply of Painkillers
  13. iCe

70's power toms

It's hard to tell. I do know that during the 80's and early 90's 14 and 15" floor toms/hanging toms were popular (as "floor toms"), instead of the 14 and 16". Did spot some older kits with 10,12,13,14 and 15" toms on sites like eBay. But like stated before, those sizes are not really popular...
  14. iCe

What's your latest purchase?

The finish looks amazing! Almost reminds me of the Yamaha Live Custom. And wood hoops, those always look so classy to me. Enjoy!
  15. iCe

A drummer association word game.

EDIT: Never mind. Replied with an answer that was already given and wrong hehe