What's your latest purchase?

Well that's pretty.
Thank you! Not a finish I ever really thought too much about. I did like @jda's when he got his a couple months ago, and then @Neil Pert got one very recently... (Of course the older flame looks a little different.) We made our pilgrimage to DCP and my 17 y.o. son just loved it. In fact, he's using it on a gig right now. I have to admit, it's really grown on me.

I saw these on Friday and bought them today, Monday. A pair of 80s possibly 90s vintage Meinl Raker 14" Medium Hi Hats. I don't need them, they're a totally unnecessary purchase, but if I hadn't bought them it would have played on my mind missing out on them as I've wanted some for years, plus this may sound stupid but I know and appreciate what they are and it's a silly pet hate of mine seeing people buy and not appreciate kits and cymbals especially from my formative years.
These now pair up with my 20" Ride and suddenly I'm only 2 Crash Cymbals away from a dream Rock set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_20230814_144838.jpg
    IMG_20230814_144838.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 7
Hold your breath guys.

I was browsing the Guitar Center used page early this morning and I found really horrible photos of a "Ludwig Rockers silver 14x5 snare drum" -- that to my trained eye appeared to be an Acrolite. Beaded shell painted grey, bowtie lugs, but no pics of the badge or strainer.

Selling for $120.

So I pulled the trigger anyways. I figure, what a a great video, right? Suspense until it comes out of the box. If it's some janky Rocker snare it's still probably got a bit of value to it (I might at worst break even), and if it's an Acro... well, let's face it tiger, I hit the jackpot!

EDIT: ... never mind. Apparently Guitar Center's janky website doesn't update after someone buys a used item and lets multiple people order it, then goes back and cancels the orders half a day later. Whatever. I hope they enjoy their dirt cheap Acro.

Last edited:
OK, so, found a Paiste twenty Hats at 176$ on eBay I think (Ha no, DALE'S drums shop, great store, first time with them for me), great, I wanted 13" dark crips hats but at that price, I think it's a good deal and they are in a super shape.

then the sabain 40th Anniversary Raw Bell ride 22", awesome cymbal, just between my Paiste dark crisp ride 22" and Sabian raw bell dry ride 21" in pitch, so, super happy...

And cherry on the cake, my second Bronze, Dunnett Gergo Borlai, Dunnett 2N Bronze, a beats, maybe the heaviest of all my snare, i will have to find a Weight Scale to find the weight of my sabres and cymbals, I don't even know any weight of any of them!!!

Ok, so, because o people having bought the 40th anniversary - I had missed it - I realized it was a great cymbal and need to have it...Well, still the most expensive cymbal i ever bought but, ok, it's a collectible time as well, I have a first one that was the 25Th anniversary Zildjian A Custom ride 23", now I have 2.
IMG_0349.JPGIMG_7289.JPEGIMG_7290.JPEGIMG_7291.JPEGIMG_7292.JPEGIMG_7293.JPEGIMG_7294.JPEGIMG_7295.JPEG

The Sabian:
IMG_7297.JPEGIMG_7298.JPEGIMG_7299.JPEGIMG_7300.JPEGIMG_7301.JPEGIMG_7302.JPEGIMG_7303.JPEGIMG_7304.JPEG

The Dunnett:
IMG_7280.JPEGIMG_7281.JPEGIMG_7282.JPEGIMG_7283.JPEGIMG_7284.JPEGIMG_7285.JPEGIMG_7286.JPEGIMG_7287.JPEGIMG_7288.JPEG

With that money I didn't spend on a used Acrolite, I bought a Bosphorus Traditional series top hi-hat cymbal for $135 to diversify my hi-hat pairings. The pairs go for $360 so I guess that wasn't too bad.
1692491261501.png

Lovely! You’ve got an Aladdin’s cave of drum gear my friend! Are you opening a high end music store @Quai34 ?!! :unsure::)Keep smashing it mate, lovely pics! :) (y)
Well, I had dreamed of that when I was young but it was quite an investment!! I did it with my other passion, windsurf though, we had good years even in a declining market for 10 years, 1997 to 2007...and then 2008...Peoplehad better plan than to spend on windsurf, leisure tim means son...We decided to move to canada at that time...
I'm not doing that much to take picture, my wife's iphone is doing great, I could use my Big D2X Nikon but I need to buy a new battery and with my legs, i don,t do anymore photos on contracts as it was before...
But I might doing that again, photos, like CbPhotos when I will retire...Not now for sure, still the house to pay off...Or my Mom to die to get the inheritance...well, i prefer to wait a bit and work more to pay it off than the second version but it will come at a time anyway...

That said, we have re started the Funk Band with new people, only me and 2 out of 3 female singers are back in the game, guitar, bass and drums plus 3rd female singer are new but they are super motivated so, I sent less time buying and more practicing which is good!!

Quai34 was the name of my Stores, well, 2 stores at the beginning and one bigger after few years.

Well, I had dreamed of that when I was young but it was quite an investment!! I did it with my other passion, windsurf though, we had good years even in a declining market for 10 years, 1997 to 2007...and then 2008...Peoplehad better plan than to spend on windsurf, leisure tim means son...We decided to move to canada at that time...
I'm not doing that much to take picture, my wife's iphone is doing great, I could use my Big D2X Nikon but I need to buy a new battery and with my legs, i don,t do anymore photos on contracts as it was before...
But I might doing that again, photos, like CbPhotos when I will retire...Not now for sure, still the house to pay off...Or my Mom to die to get the inheritance...well, i prefer to wait a bit and work more to pay it off than the second version but it will come at a time anyway...

That said, we have re started the Funk Band with new people, only me and 2 out of 3 female singers are back in the game, guitar, bass and drums plus 3rd female singer are new but they are super motivated so, I sent less time buying and more practicing which is good!!

Quai34 was the name of my Stores, well, 2 stores at the beginning and one bigger after few years.

Wow! Surfers’ paradise! :love: I always look forward to pics uploaded by @cbphoto and yourself. Keep smashing it mate, and I look forward to seeing videos of the funk band in action !:D(y)

I found a St Louis Music USA era SVT-CL 300 wt tube bass head for 32 bucks. A 12ax7 type tube fell out when I picked the head up and herniated myself, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, though.

Scratch that. I put the tube back in and it works. It's got a hum but it's powerful. Too heavy to want to move around.

Last edited:
Back