What's your latest purchase?

Always wanted one of these:
Ludwig Bronze Phonic 14x6.5

It’s interesting that it shipped with Remo USA heads instead of Ludwig heads like the Supraphonic. I actually prefer the Remo heads.

Also added the Gretsch USA Solid Aluminum which is like a supraphonic on steroids. Sounds thick & Fat. IMG_4297.jpegIMG_4299.jpeg

I found a St Louis Music USA era SVT-CL 300 wt tube bass head for 32 bucks. A 12ax7 type tube fell out when I picked the head up and herniated myself, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, though.

Scratch that. I put the tube back in and it works. It's got a hum but it's powerful. Too heavy to want to move around.
I had a bassist who was a big Fan of the SVT and he was using it only when we gad a giig but even with a small coffee house, he was bringing it, way too loud and kind of vintage sound as well, so, I know what it is to carry it, I helped him several times and it was crazy heavy!!!

So, I had one Chameleon Lbas Bus Compressor that i had found for 500 CAN$ online I think and when the new owner revamped completely the line, i was already keen on buying the new ones, Compressor and Preamp (I have the Compressor 7720 and the Preamp with Mods, 7602), so, I ordered one at Sweetwater, they said they could have it, my usual store has stopped to reference them...

But it took so long to come...When it came, the new price was 1500 instead of 799, so, I was afraid I couldn't have it at the old price but yes, even when it took me few months to get the cash for it again (I had bought just FEW cymbals and Snares, just a little, not much!!!), which is today, I posted a payment for the balance and I will have it next week. It will go on the Master Bus while the first one is already on the Drums Bus. Ok, they are both VCA but my next one should be the Drawmer 1978, a FET Compressor with all of its features for mastering as well.
Chameleon Labs 7702 Front.jpg
Chameleon Lbas 7703 Front bis.jpg
With the Compressors that I have in my Joemeek Twin Q Preamp, the basic but very clean ones, Drawmer DL241 and DL221, the tow DBX 1066, the ones in my MXR Mpca-01 Preamps and the one in my UA LA640 MkII, I think I'm covered now. And I did it at a very good price for all of them...I also have the ones in Cubase and in UA UAD2 Drive but I like Real Gear...(Noooo?? Really?? Ok, I know, I like TOO MUCH real gear...That's why I love Drums, it's real gear, real wood, real metal, real chrome...real drummers!!!)

Always wanted one of these:
Ludwig Bronze Phonic 14x6.5

It’s interesting that it shipped with Remo USA heads instead of Ludwig heads like the Supraphonic. I actually prefer the Remo heads.

Also added the Gretsch USA Solid Aluminum which is like a supraphonic on steroids. Sounds thick & Fat. View attachment 138019View attachment 138020
That's cool. I recently purchased a b stock BB and it came with a Remo head that also said Liuwig. Enjoy that new drum.

whoops wrong thread)

Last edited:
So, I had one Chameleon Lbas Bus Compressor that i had found for 500 CAN$ online I think and when the new owner revamped completely the line, i was already keen on buying the new ones, Compressor and Preamp (I have the Compressor 7720 and the Preamp with Mods, 7602), so, I ordered one at Sweetwater, they said they could have it, my usual store has stopped to reference them...

But it took so long to come...When it came, the new price was 1500 instead of 799, so, I was afraid I couldn't have it at the old price but yes, even when it took me few months to get the cash for it again (I had bought just FEW cymbals and Snares, just a little, not much!!!), which is today, I posted a payment for the balance and I will have it next week. It will go on the Master Bus while the first one is already on the Drums Bus. Ok, they are both VCA but my next one should be the Drawmer 1978, a FET Compressor with all of its features for mastering as well.
View attachment 138021
View attachment 138024
With the Compressors that I have in my Joemeek Twin Q Preamp, the basic but very clean ones, Drawmer DL241 and DL221, the tow DBX 1066, the ones in my MXR Mpca-01 Preamps and the one in my UA LA640 MkII, I think I'm covered now. And I did it at a very good price for all of them...I also have the ones in Cubase and in UA UAD2 Drive but I like Real Gear...(Noooo?? Really?? Ok, I know, I like TOO MUCH real gear...That's why I love Drums, it's real gear, real wood, real metal, real chrome...real drummers!!!)
they look amazing! and should do the job nicely! :D

Paiste Masters 22 Dark Crisp Ride
Ho my God, my first Paiste bought new, it's an awesome cymbal, it has dethroned the Zildjian 25th anniversary and on my farthest position on my kit at 3 O'Clock, great buy, congrats!

Third time is the charm ! This is the third Sonor Vintage series kit I have had the pleasure of owning . The others were in smaller sizes and after receiving this 22/13/16/18 kit in a trade (definitely in my favour ) and then acquiring the matching 6.5” snare used but in mint condition I prefer the larger sizes of this new kit . I played this kit at my gig this past Friday and my band mates loved it as did I . IMG_0262.jpegIMG_0270.jpegIMG_0279.jpeg

Mint Paiste twenty 14 hi hats, can't pass up on a great deal.
I did the same last week!!! Twentys 13" at 167 US$!!! But I needed 13", well, not needed but, you know, I had no 13" so, i wanted to try...They sound awesome and they will be on a remote hat (Pearl RH2050, that works perfectly for me, i have the Meinl Foundry reserve 14" on the first RH2050). I don't know the sound of the 14" but I'm sure they are great, excellent pick up!

Third time is the charm ! This is the third Sonor Vintage series kit I have had the pleasure of owning . The others were in smaller sizes and after receiving this 22/13/16/18 kit in a trade (definitely in my favour ) and then acquiring the matching 6.5” snare used but in mint condition I prefer the larger sizes of this new kit . I played this kit at my gig this past Friday and my band mates loved it as did I . View attachment 138155View attachment 138156View attachment 138157
So, what wood, not sure I could find it???

CHAMELEON LABS COMPRESSOR 7721:
Left the warehouse on Saturday, were here on Tuesday, today, at 9h20, they are fast at Sweetwater, you cannot deny it!!
Even better in person than in photos, it's on the main insert of the second Onyx 1640i, main bus (The other Onyx having the first one, drums bus). I will see how it works tomorrow at the rehearsal.
IMG_7346.jpegIMG_7348.jpegIMG_7350.jpeg

And how you add one Unit in your rack:
IMG_7351.jpegIMG_7352.jpegIMG_7353.jpeg
So, the conditioner is on top of the horizontal bar, no U wasted.

Last edited:
I've recently purchased a new headphone amp to use for in ear monitoring:
ZEN CAN Studio

I saw that its a newer option on the market but it sounds great and I love the mono L/R function. I read up on it vs other options and I wanted something that had the power necessary for my headphones in the studio and IEM's live without pushing the amp to its limit.

I spotted a set of these in a studio I used recently and they had them threaded onto microphone stands so it sits nicely next to you.

You can use it as a monitor controller too, so I've been using it with my speaker set up at home too.

Reactions: I-P
Back