What's on your "wishlist"?

Phrasing.
Yes I’m working on my phrasing when I comp with feel too. Music touches people so I feel I need to be in touch with myself. I like to play with myself because I think that practice helps when you play with other people. I can experiment and try new things. It’s an audience of one and I only have to please me but still it’s good practice for when I try to touch others when I play with them. I think, as musicians, we all want to touch people in those special places close to their heart. If we are only touching ourselves and not touching others then we are serving no purpose for sure but still I like to play with myself, though not as fun nor productive as playing with other people.

Yes I’m working on my phrasing when I comp with feel too. Music touches people so I feel I need to be in touch with myself. I like to play with myself because I think that practice helps when you play with other people. I can experiment and try new things. It’s an audience of one and I only have to please me but still it’s good practice for when I try to touch others when I play with them. I think, as musicians, we all want to touch people in those special places close to their heart. If we are only touching ourselves and not touching others then we are serving no purpose for sure but still I like to play with myself, though not as fun nor productive as playing with other people.
You’re so touchy these days @GetAgrippa ; maybe it’s your coffee? :unsure: ?

Yes, saw that! @drumnut87 and I are looking very carefully at the Merlin snare...I fancy a 14 x 6.5... :unsure: :)
snap!! same size for me, wish they did a 14x7 version! :D

already got a virgil donati maple/birch hybrid snare and it sounds killer, so i really hope i get a merlin in the next year! :D

Very happy with all my drums, cymbals, hardware, etc. I have however been researching digital mixers. Currently coveting the Presonus 16r.

Looking for a best of most/all worlds option. Recording at home, the rehearsal space, and shows. Also, something that can serve as a live mixer for gigs when we run our sound. A PC and Android compatible mobile mixer and recording interface in one. The Presonus StudioLive series checked all the boxes.

As I will be moving it around, other than plugging/unplugging cables, I don't want to be disassembling/reassembling multiple pieces each time it's used. Nor dealing with where to place things in small rooms, on small stages, etc. Figure the rack mountable r16 can have a permanent home in a road case with a power conditioner.

That's where my wishlist is at today, April 9 2021 :)

I've been ogling a Paiste 2002 pack for some time now. But in slightly smaller ticket items, I really want to pick up a Zildjian A 17" thin crash and maybe a Zildjian A 19" thin crash.

blue sparkle classic maples in downbeat config. actually, thinking about it i think i could also settle down for a USA custom in the same finish and sizes.

What i "want" isn't practical, but its a wish list, right?

Everything i have is used, and older. (ok, some of it is just plain old.) I'd like to have new stuff. Brand new. All around. I couldn't even begin to decide what "stuff", cuz there are so many choices...

That certainly isn't practical, in my world. I am hoping to buy new cymbals, maybe even this year. If Covid doesn't kill my summer gigs like last year, maybe I can squirrel away some mad money.

A 7x13 version of the Supraphonic. Same for the Black Beauty.

The only things on my gear wish list are a single lightweight 60s Zildjian high hat cymbal, cable hats, and a guitar amp that is so crazily expensive I literally gasped out loud at the price. Not even lying.

It's still on the list though, because, why not? ;)

I'll mention my list just in case someone has seen one somewhere in a corner. My list is one item discontinued. A 7x13 Brady lemon gum block snaredrum...OR the same in sheoak. Check it out on YouTube..the black lemon gum shell from the UK. If that doesn't get you excited I'm not sure you are excitable.

Presonus Studio live 32 S
Earthworks Mics
ESP 7 string Guitar
ESP 6 string Bass Guitar
Boss Katana amp

Not music related...
BMW R1250 GS
Ford F250 Tremor

House by the lake...

Most of those except maybe the truck and the bike I will get this year...

Back