What are you listening to right now?

220px-Herbie_Hancock_Sextant.jpg

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

had to get out some old school Yes...for some reason, this era of Yes gets played a lot in the spring

Old Dog new Cans

Was really enjoying this on YouTube until I completely passed out. Got up around 430 am today. What they heck was I thinkin'?

Honestly, I often recognize Miles when I'm listening to random jazz. I have Blue Miles which is horribly melancholy. I listened to it a ton after my Father passed over 20 years ago. This particular album sounds like fun.

Elvis

Silver Member
...no, not the Coltrane tune.....

Bobby Hackett Quartet - Meditation

Bobby Hackett - Cornet
Lou Forestieri - piano
Franklyn Skeete - bass
Don DeMicheal - drums

Recorded - From the "Just Jazz" series filmed in the 70's at WTTW Chicago

SomeBadDrummer

Been on a VH kick for a couple of days now, and still loving some hard hitting classic rock. These guys were damn good.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

The only post-Bill Bruford Yes I really love. So delightfully crunchy. And even as a hardcore Brufordophile, I often suspect it wouldn't have been quite as great with him behind the kit.

crunchy is a great way to describe it...and true...i think White brought a new perspective to the overall vibe of the band that gave it it's feel

Bozozoid

Opie gone bad..first CD. Tons of potential this Denver band but you won't be hearing from them other than a few outside things possibly.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

this is my least favorite day of the year...so I thought I would go a bit dark