Neilage
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Neilage
      Neilage reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Cymbal Packs with Like Like.
      The Zildjian Ks are indeed more expensive but they are lifetime cymbals that will never need to be replaced. The PST7s are good but...
    • Neilage
      Dave Brubeck Quartet @ Emory University in the early 90's.
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Cymbal Packs with Like Like.
      Like others, I agree that PST7s are good starter cymbals. The 20" light ride makes a good crash cymbal, too. If you want something a...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread Cymbal Packs with Like Like.
      I'd suggest the Paiste PST7 "Universal" set without hesitation. The Sabian XSR and Zildjian S are also nice, they just cost a bit more...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to MattRitter's post in the thread Cymbal Packs with Like Like.
      Yeah, that’s pretty much what I was thinking as well. Before I figured this out, I spent money multiple times on a handful of different...
    • Neilage
      A couple other important items to consider...which most parents don't think about when purchasing drums: 1) A great drum throne (unless...
    • Neilage
      Funny that this topic would come up. I don't generally write product reviews, but just yesterday, I was thinking that I might like to...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to bongoman's post in the thread Cymbal Packs with Like Like.
      Avoid any pack with a ride smaller than 20” and hihats smaller than 14”. Avoid packs from lesser-known brands, as they will be hard to...
    • Neilage
      Neilage replied to the thread Cymbal Packs.
      Your budget will greatly determine the quality of your cymbal pack. If you're on a budget...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to Alain Rieder's post in the thread Songs with half time/double time with Like Like.
      Chuck E’s in love - Rickie Lee Jones.
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to Cmdr. Ross's post in the thread What are your ‘Pro tips’? with Like Like.
      Dynamics, dynamics, dynamics! It's really what separates the pros from the amateurs. As a young drummer, I just hammered away at the...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to bermuda's post in the thread New Weird Al Polka Medley! with Like Like.
      New Weird Al recordings are few and far between since going independent in 2014, so on the 10-year anniversary of the last studio album...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to kdh's post in the thread Bare foot playing - Ouch! with Like Like.
      I've played barefoot or with just socks on for at least 30 years. I've been playing since age 7. I'm 57 now. Shoes feel odd.
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to bongoman's post in the thread UFIP cymbals with Like Like.
      This 18” Experience just joined my flat ride family. It’s gorgeous, crystalline and lush, with a short but very pleasant sustain. I’ll...
    • Neilage
      Neilage reacted to bkmaynes's post in the thread Throne Backrests with Like Like.
      I just got the backrest for my Nitro and I really like it. Definitely saves my back. I feel more stable on the throne as it forces me to...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back