What are you listening to right now?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

been getting into this for the past few days

SomeBadDrummer

Same song, MORE Phoebe Cates!

...and I just found out her and I are 4 days apart in age. ?

Wow :love:, I never realized before how that song is way too short. I may have to watch that video again...and again.

And you might be a handsome bloke but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she looks WAY better than you for that age ;)

Elvis

Silver Member
Wow :love:, I never realized before how that song is way too short. I may have to watch that video again...and again.

And you might be a handsome bloke but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she looks WAY better than you for that age ;)
Aw shucks, you're too sweet, but I agree...granted we were 18 when that movie was shot but she always looked WAY better than I did/do!

SomeBadDrummer

This was one of the most listened-to albums of my freshman year in HS. Brings back great memories.

SomeBadDrummer

James gang ..rides again. Jim Fox wasn't anything technical but I just dug his playing. His snare always sounded semi choked to me but somehow mixed with his approach I liked it.
Yep, it's pretty groovy

Elvis

Silver Member
This was one of the most listened-to albums of my freshman year in HS. Brings back great memories.

Styx was considered a "chick band" when I was in high school, because more chicks dug them than guys (but then, isn't that part of the point when you're in a band? ;) )

When I was a HS freshman, these were new albums....

SomeBadDrummer

Styx was considered a "chick band" when I was in high school, because more chicks dug them than guys (but then, isn't that part of the point when you're in a band? ;) )

YES! Actually it was the main point for a while :sneaky:. Then I got married lol.

SomeBadDrummer

When I was a HS freshman, these were new albums....

Steve Miller Band is WAY underrated/under appreciated! The roster looks more like a modern day football team’s revolving door but early albums were fabulous. Groove and rock with feel and some fantastic guitar riffs. Solid drumming by Jack King, Roger Alan Clark and John King in the 70’s.

Elvis

Silver Member
That's Gary Mallaber you're hearing on that track.
Mallaber's played with a bunch of people, including Steve Miller. He was featured on all of Miller's albums from Fly like an Eagle to Living in the 20th Century.

SomeBadDrummer

Oops, thanks for the clarification. I love the song though!