Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Hope you enjoyed the show, it was a good one for us!

Those are my Neusonics, 24/12/13/16, and I'm very pleased with them. Still dialing in the toms a bit, but when they sound good, they sound GREAT. :)

A couple of weeks late on this, but congratulations to "our own" Bermuda Schwartz, who's longtime drummer role premiered in a very big way on April 21, 1983 with this performance of "Another One Rides The Bus" on The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder.

Even then, Weird Al Yankovic said "Jon Schwartz is a serious talented drummer, and I had him on his knees poundin' on my accordion case, blowing into duck calls, siren whistles. I mean, if you're in my band you can't have too much of a sense of dignity."

Congratulations, Bermuda, and thanks for many happy years so far and many more ahead!

Update/Correction: What makes this newsworthy is today is the 40th anniversary of the release of the album!

Last edited:
Thanks for the S/O, Tomorrow Show was acually April 21, 1981. :)

I heard this on the Doctor Demento radio show. It stood out, I was cracking up. I thought that was the debut of it. I don't recall the date.

Jon was the Tomorrow Show the debut?

I heard this on the Doctor Demento radio show. It stood out, I was cracking up. I thought that was the debut of it. I don't recall the date.

Jon was the Tomorrow Show the debut?

Al wrote the song the weekend of Sept 13, 1980, and debuted live on the (L.A. version of) the Dr. Demento Show. I was at the radio station that night being interviewed on the show (long story) and ended up playing the accordion case when Al played Bus live. Fortunately, Demento rolled tape and that became a single.

Is that suitcase kit in a museum somewhere?

It belongs to me, but it's stored with Al's tour gear and I guess belongs to him now/again.

DB30D222-4FB7-4171-A4B6-5BEEC3B13759.jpeg
Very cool evening: we were celebrating a friends 60th birthday party and the band I sub in when Bermuda leaves town was hired for the party. It’s rare to see him in-person so this was like our family reunion as well! We even brought our copy of “Black & White & Weird” and made him autograph it! He hates that 😂

Also, I have to post this video because every song they were doing was just solid (when I sub in the band I never feel like it’s this solid) so I’m still working hard to get there - but dig Bermuda just laying it down on La Grange.

(And yes - he’s playing one of those early imported Club Date kits Ludwig sold years ago - and finding them used is really hard these days. One day I’m gonna steal his!)

Great to see you after a long break, thanks for the vid, those cheap Ludwigs sound really nice!

For those who don't know, I connected directly with Bo here on Drummerworld when I was looking for a sub for one of my bands. I mean, what better place to find a drummer than in a forum full of drummers? Bo's been a great fit for the band, proving that this forum is not just for talking about drums, drummers, gear & music... it's also an ideal networking place!

Bo..are you aware that the guy your sitting next to is the drummer with Weird Al?...im almost positive..if it's not him it's his identical twin!. If that guy walked on stage with Al No One would even know. I'm telling you that that guy is Bermuda!.

View attachment 136440
Very cool evening: we were celebrating a friends 60th birthday party and the band I sub in when Bermuda leaves town was hired for the party. It’s rare to see him in-person so this was like our family reunion as well! We even brought our copy of “Black & White & Weird” and made him autograph it! He hates that 😂

Also, I have to post this video because every song they were doing was just solid (when I sub in the band I never feel like it’s this solid) so I’m still working hard to get there - but dig Bermuda just laying it down on La Grange.

(And yes - he’s playing one of those early imported Club Date kits Ludwig sold years ago - and finding them used is really hard these days. One day I’m gonna steal his!)

Nicely smashed! :D 👍

View attachment 136440

Excellent photo!

When I first saw it I knew right away, it wasn't a beauty contest! :D Instead; it was two of the forum's most prolific posters and respected people! 99% of us will never meet in person. But it's great to see a couple of you who actually do.

Back