Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
OK...youve got one artist other than W.A. to tour with. I've seen you on many award shows and if you were to walk up to the podium with one other musician for an award who would that be. Your answer won't be pushing Al to the side...just curious who that artist would be...think of it as a second job..a night or day job.
Another hard question, there are many artists/bands that I'd be thrilled to play with. McCartney, Neil Diamond, Elvis Costello, The Kinks, Talking Heads, B-52s, INXS, Bowie would have been cool, Alice Cooper, U2, R.E.M., Blondie, Monkees, Elton John, Cheap Trick... it could be a much longer list.

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Another hard question, there are many artists/bands that I'd be thrilled to play with. McCartney, Neil Diamond, Elvis Costello, The Kinks, Talking Heads, B-52s, INXS, Bowie would have been cool, Alice Cooper, U2, R.E.M., Blondie, Monkees, Elton John, Cheap Trick... it could be a much longer list.
Whoa!..i was thinking (maybe) one particular artist but you gave me a buffet! of various choices. You definitely aren't a strict vegetarian. Looks like you'll even grab a small fry and Coney dog along the yellow brick road.

toddy

Platinum Member
Hi Bermuda.

You have been a long term member of the forum for many years by this stage. I was wondering, do you think that over these decades that the world has become better or worse for a drummer interested in making money? obviously there is covid so live work took a big hit. but what about things like remote recording etc, do you have any opinion on that?

edit* by money i mean a liveable monthly earning, e.g. £2000 / £24k a year.

bermuda

Staff member
I think that deserves its own thread!

bermuda

Staff member
That took us 3 takes! Al's a perfectionist!

The Money For Nothing track has a story, that is Mark Knopler on guitar (and Straits' Guy Fletcher on keys.) The kit I used on that resides at my brother's house, and he's been Mark's guitar player for almost 30 years. Al finally met Mark in 2019 when I brought him backstage at an L.A. show courtesy of my brother.

It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, except with Mark Knopfler!

bermuda

Staff member
There is more to the Hog takes, but it was always intended to be cut-off.

We just did the live scenes as storyboarded for the video, based on the Dire Straits' video. it wasn't a performance per se.

Groeger

At your concert tonight in at the Chevalier with my over-the-moon WA fan daughter. Your kit looks great! New for this tour? Can’t wait. This is always a highlight of the concert year and pumped you guys are back!

bermuda

Staff member
Hope you enjoyed the show, it was a good one for us!

Those are my Neusonics, 24/12/13/16, and I'm very pleased with them. Still dialing in the toms a bit, but when they sound good, they sound GREAT. :)