A J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• A J
      A J replied to the thread Newby - Snare Question.
      I've always used a Remo Diplomat (or other brand equivalent) for a snare side head. Honestly, I didn't know an Ambassador would even work!
    • A J
      A J reacted to JimmyM's post in the thread Newby - Snare Question with Like Like.
      The most common snare side heads are 3 mil…Remo Ambassador clear, Ambassador hazy, Evans 300, and Aquarian Classic Clear. There are...
    • A J
      A J reacted to Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX's post in the thread Newby - Snare Question with Haha Haha.
      a POOR ex-gentleman as all your money will suddenly be replaced by gear
    • A J
      A J replied to the thread Top metal snare drums.
      My very first snare was a steel shelled Pearl (forum, I think). Frankly, it sounded just as sweet as my more-expensive Sensitones. I...
    • A J
      A J reacted to striker's post in the thread Top metal snare drums with Like Like.
      My brand new drum set is not Pearl. However, I have retired the snare that came with the new set and replaced it with a used Pearl 14"...
    • A J
      A J replied to the thread Top metal snare drums.
      All my snares are metal shelled Pearls. Each one takes turns being my "favorite". Sensitone steel: 5.5x14, 6.5x14 Sensitone brass...
    • A J
      A J replied to the thread Newby - Snare Question.
      I am very impressed that a 70-year-old gentleman has decided to take up drums. Word of caution: Once you learn a few simple beats and...
    • A J
      A J reacted to Otto's post in the thread Newby - Snare Question with Like Like.
      The thick shoelace is also suspending the snares higher up than they should. Try something thinner... You will be surprised at how...
    • A J
      A J reacted to WhereIsTheOne?!'s post in the thread Newby - Snare Question with Like Like.
      I think your snare wires are upside-down.
    • A J
      A J replied to the thread Advice needed....
      I would pass on this kit. The biggest red flag that I see is the claim that this kit would cost $6,000 brand new. This is clearly...
    • A J
      A J replied to the thread Trading Yamaha RC 24” BD for 22”.
      I would probably do the trade assuming both drums are in similar conditions. Even better if you can actually play the 22" first. I...
    • A J
      UPDATE: I ended up going with a Kustom 12" powered monitor. It should arrive in about 4 days. Musician's Friend offered me a new one...
    • A J
      A J reacted to heartbeat's post in the thread Help with hardware bag sizing!! with Like Like.
      I've thrown the Ahead Sled in trailers, taken it up and down the East Coast (literally NY to FL) on tours and it's still going strong...
    • A J
      A J reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Used Ludwig CM or used Renown? with Love Love.
      I've played 3 different sets of Renowns, and they all sounded fantastic. With that said, CM's have that "Ludwig wallop" that I don't...
    • A J
      A J reacted to JoeVermont's post in the thread Used Ludwig CM or used Renown? with Like Like.
      Hardware and trim are actually great reasons to select or de-select whatever model of drums you want! Speaking also as a bar band...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…