INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hola Dot Comrades.

this is more of a reintroduction of the poster formerly known as baz. Somehow l lost that identity and somehow l ended up with this new one. Hopefully I will one day be able to recover my baz profile, as that is where my history is. In the meantime l will contribute what l can when and where l can. IMG_2297.jpeg
Barry

Hola Dot Comrades.

this is more of a reintroduction of the poster formerly known as baz. Somehow l lost that identity and somehow l ended up with this new one. Hopefully I will one day be able to recover my baz profile, as that is where my history is.
Reach out to @Markus . He may be able to get your valued membership dialed in.

After being on cymbalholic and DFO, I just stumbled into this place.

Real name?
Steve Hirsh
Age?
How long have you been playing?
started playing snare drum in jr high band class. That would be about 1967. Had a long hiatus during the 80s and 90s, but the itch never really went away.
Origin of user name?
I used to live in a small city in far northern Minnesota, Bemidji. bji is the airport deisgnation.
Your top 5 drummers?
Brian Blade, Hamid Drake, Joey Baron, Alvin Fielder,
Make of drumkit?
I'm a Canopus endorser and currently playing an ash kit. I also have an Inde kit.
Make of cymbal?
I'm a Bosphorus endorser.
Where do you practice?
I live in the middle of the woods. I'm lucky enough to have a studio away from the house where I can play whenever I want.
Are you in a band?
I'm part of several ongoing projects, as well as the regular sorts of one-off gatherings. Original Mind, a Minnesota thing. https://originalmind.bandcamp.com/album/you-know-when-its-time
Sparks Quartet https://mahakalamusic.bandcamp.com/album/sparks
Some People (Gabby Fluke-Mogul, Chad Fowler, Mara Rosenbloom, Dave Sewelson, me)
Do you play covers or originals?
hehe (see below)
What style of music?
improvised, group composition in real time
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in?

USA
One really odd fact about yourself?
it'd violate forum rules to say
How did you start drumming?
When I got braces my orthodontist told my mother I had to quit playing alto sax because it would make my overbite worse. Drums seemed like the easiest thing to pick up for jr high band class.
Listening to Sparks now. I like it! That’s the kind of music I listen to (loud) when I’m feeling overwhelmed. Don Cherry, Mu is my go to. The chaos is calming. 🤷‍♂️

Random, but somewhere along the way I started using Bemidji, Minnesota when talking about an unrecognized place. “Where’s he from… Bemidji, Minnesota?” Can not at all remember where I picked that up!

Last edited:
this is more of a reintroduction of the poster formerly known as baz. Somehow l lost that identity and somehow l ended up with this new one. Hopefully I will one day be able to recover my baz profile, as that is where my history is.
PM sent.

Real name? Phil
Age? 32
How long have you been playing? 21 years
Origin of user name? My Dads callsign when he used a CB radio in the 70's
Your top 5 drummers?
Brann Dailor, Matt Johnson, Robert Wayne Colomby, Danny Carey, Stewart Copeland
Make of drumkit? Pearl (Master Premium - Maple) & Roland mesh head entry level kit.
Make of cymbal? zildjian
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? Not currently!
Do you play covers or originals? Both (previously)
What style of music? Favourite previous band played Indie/punk
Favourite take out food? Chinese
What country do you live in? UK(England)
One really odd fact about yourself? I can never take the first item off a shelf at the shop because I don't trust it.
How did you start drumming? I grew up watching my dad play drums on his Pearl DLX that he'd bought the same year I was born. Eventually I was given the choice of getting a drum kit or a bass guitar & amp and I've never looked back since.

Hello DrummerWorld forum

As a long time lurker, I decided now to join in this interesting community.

Real name? Markus

Age? 50+

How long have you been playing? Since kid.

Origin of user name? It's written in my passport

Your top 5 drummers? During youth: Ian Paice, Bonham, Moon, Cobham, Palmer, Hiseman and the like. Later Keltner, Porcaro, Hayworth, and now I'm trying to get into their 'top 5 drummers'.

Make of drumkit? In order of most common use: Hayman, Ludwig, DW, Sonor

Make of cymbal? Istanbul, Paiste, Zildjian

Where do you practice? No practice, only playing (just kidding ...), the hard truth is that I mainly practice on electronic drums.

Are you in a band? In several, for example: Dynamite Daze

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Rhythm'n Blues , Rock, Jazz

Favourite take out food? Everything tasting good.

What country do you live in? South-western Germany (not Bavaria), close to Heidelberg.

One really odd fact about yourself? My accumulation of odd facts might be an oddity itself.

How did you start drumming? Don't remember

Copy and paste these questions into your reply and let's learn about each other. Done.

This type of introduction for all members I already like.

Now, I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions. I guess I might 'take' much more information than I can 'give back', but I'll try my best.

Greetings
Markus

Welcome, Grawe! 🥁🍻✌️:cool: It's a big, widespread community here. Much wisdom, experience, history and,
best of all: MUSIC! Dive deeply, and often.

After being on cymbalholic and DFO, I just stumbled into this place.

Real name?
Steve Hirsh
Age?
started playing snare drum in jr high band class. That would be about 1967. Had a long hiatus during the 80s and 90s, but the itch never really went away.
Origin of user name?
I used to live in a small city in far northern Minnesota, Bemidji. bji is the airport deisgnation.
Your top 5 drummers?
Brian Blade, Hamid Drake, Joey Baron, Alvin Fielder,
Make of drumkit?
I'm a Canopus endorser and currently playing an ash kit. I also have an Inde kit.
Make of cymbal?
I'm a Bosphorus endorser.
Where do you practice?
I live in the middle of the woods. I'm lucky enough to have a studio away from the house where I can play whenever I want.
Are you in a band?
I'm part of several ongoing projects, as well as the regular sorts of one-off gatherings. Original Mind, a Minnesota thing. https://originalmind.bandcamp.com/album/you-know-when-its-time
Sparks Quartet https://mahakalamusic.bandcamp.com/album/sparks
Some People (Gabby Fluke-Mogul, Chad Fowler, Mara Rosenbloom, Dave Sewelson, me)
hehe (see below)
What style of music?
improvised, group composition in real time
Favourite take out food?

USA
it'd violate forum rules to say
When I got braces my orthodontist told my mother I had to quit playing alto sax because it would make my overbite worse. Drums seemed like the easiest thing to pick up for jr high band class.
no truer words ever spoken:

"No. Drums are a musical instrument. You play music on them. You can play melodies, harmonies, use color, texture, density, dynamics - all the elements of the musical pallet. Might take some doing to figure out how it works for you, but that challenge is the journey. One way to start is to play 1 note. Then play another that follows on that. Then you're off. Might not be what you're used to playing. Might take you in new directions. Might make you unemployable as a drummer. But will make you dig for and uncover the musical potential of your instrument."

Some of the best ever in a long time (y)
the BJSteve quote from another forum.

Real name? Mateus Ferreira.
Age? 30.
How long have you been playing? Since I was 14.
Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Bill Ward, Buddy Rich, Ringo Starr, Dave Grohl.
Make of drumkit? Mapex.
Make of cymbal? Krest.
Where do you practice? In my house's closet.
Are you in a band? Yes.
What style of music? Stoner Rock.
Favorite take-out food? Pizza.
What country do you live in? Brasil.
One really odd fact about yourself? I can't think in just one, actually...
How did you start drumming? I have an uncle who used to play drums and also keyboards. He has a collection of more than 1 thousand of LPs, so I kind of grew up surrounded by music and mostly rock music. My mother gave me my first drum kit at the age of 14, and since then I tried to quit sometimes, but always come back...

Real name? Randy Kumenius
Age? 66

How long have you been playing? My entire life. (I finally started taking lessons in 2014).

Origin of user name? Video gamer name I use.

Your top 5 drummers? My friend and teacher for nine years, Ron Hurst -drummer Steppenwolf, Ringo Starr, Jeff Porcaro, Gregg Bissonnette, John Bonham.

Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina club (6-piece, Lugwig Black Beauty LB417. Remo Roto-toms.

Make of cymbal? Zildjian A Thin.

Where do you practice? My livingroom.

Are you in a band? Not at this time.

Do you play covers or originals? Both.

What style of music? Many. Rock, Country, Jazz, Swing, etc.

What country do you live in? America.

How did you start drumming? Seeing Ringo Starr on Ed Sullivan in 1964.

Attachments

• 20221229_211656.jpg
    20221229_211656.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 4
Always reading forums, articles, interviews, watching and listening to podcast about drummers and things that I love.

But, this is my first time writing in forums.

Real name?

Since I was born in a muslim family. My full name is Muhammad Nur Rabbani(this is just my name). But people call me Bani, Bunny and Barney.

Age?

30yr

I have been playing drums for roughly 10-11 years(self-taught). Lots on and off on at that time. Found another passion. Anyway, it is always the drums that I will come back to. But since 2019, I wanted to take my drumming seriously. So I'll put it 3-4 years. Still so much to learn. I even take the DRUMEO course but because of covid and I lose my jobs etc. So I have to pull out from Drumeo 🥲 so, I use the youtube to be my teacher.

Origin of user name?

The name that my friends and I use to address everybody. E.g. "YO John dudeee", "Ayyy Lahsaan dudeee".

Your top 5 drummers?

My teenage years would be Ian Paice, John Bonham, Travis Barker, Thomas Pridgen, Eric Moore and Tony Royster Jr.

But, when I was in college year Grant McFarland, Tomas Haake, John Thomas, Billy Rhymer, and all the punk drummer that play fast and loud.

Now its Matt Halpern, Ash Soan, JD Beck, Ronald Bruner Jr., and still all the punk drummer that play fast and loud. 😂

Make of drumkit?

Unknown brand that I bought from a friend back in 2014 when I finish college and got my first job.

Make of cymbal?

14" Istanbul Traditional Agop Hi Hat
17" Arborea Ghost Series Crash
20" Arborea Ghost Series Ride

Where do you practice?

Any jamming studio that available for drums practice. Usually somewhere near my house. When I first started. I only practice on pillow, then have some money I bought a drumpad. We do not have enought space or money to have our own practice studio.

Are you in a band?

Yes.

Both

What style of music?

Punk Rock/D-Beat all night long!

Favourite take out food?

Siu Yuk!

Malaysia

IDK. Maybe I like to talk about drums and bicycle so much.

When I was in high-school brass band(I play t-bone). A friend of mine was telling me about an underground show in our town. We went together to watch the show.

After the show my friend said that both of us should have a band and let's share a stage together. Thats really how everything started.

Then I just fall in love with the drums because of that 1 show. All the drummer give their best performing. Plus, all of them are self-taught drummer. Because in Malaysia learning music is expensive and most of the parents think music is waste of time and money.

They prefer their kids to be a doctor, lawyer, or any kind of office jobs. To them thats the real job.

I have been a lurker since around 2009 and decided recently to join.

Real name? Teri

Age? 64

How long have you been playing? Since age 14 (with some breaks in between), Back at it since age 50.

Origin of user name? Spanish word for drum plus first three letters of my name

Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Ringo, Bernard Purdie, Tommy Igoe, Cindy Blackman Santana

Make of drumkit? Gretsch RN2 with Yamaha hardware

Make of cymbal? Istanbul Agop Sultans

Where do you practice? At my home and church

Are you in a band? I formerly played with a Hispanic worship group for ten years. Currently I play hand drums, auxiliary percussion and set with church praise band.

Do you play covers or originals? Covers

What style of music? CCM, Rock, Funk

Favourite take out food? Chinese or Pizza

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? Gave birth to my 1st child in France

How did you start drumming? From age 5, I played on pots, pans and any sort of container; at age 14, I received summer drum lessons from my HS band director. That was my introduction to real drums and the start of my drum journey.

I have been a lurker since around 2009 and decided recently to join.

Real name? Teri

Age? 64

How long have you been playing? Since age 14 (with some breaks in between), Back at it since age 50.

Origin of user name? Spanish word for drum plus first three letters of my name

Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Ringo, Bernard Purdie, Tommy Igoe, Cindy Blackman Santana

Make of drumkit? Gretsch RN2 with Yamaha hardware

Make of cymbal? Istanbul Agop Sultans

Where do you practice? At my home and church

Are you in a band? I formerly played with a Hispanic worship group for ten years. Currently I play hand drums, auxiliary percussion and set with church praise band.

What style of music? CCM, Rock, Funk

Favourite take out food? Chinese or Pizza

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? Gave birth to my 1st child in France

How did you start drumming? From age 5, I played on pots, pans and any sort of container; at age 14, I received summer drum lessons from my HS band director. That was my introduction to real drums and the start of my drum journey.
Welcome Tamboreter! You have come to the right place! 🥁:cool:(y)

Real name? Florent
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? almost 30 years
Origin of user name? I used to have Tama Kits : 6 to be precise, and one was a Rockstar EFX Blue abalone, nice finish, but not a great sounding kit.
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, really first, Mike Portnoy, Nicko Mc Brain, Gavin Harrison, lars Ulrich,
Make of drumkit? Two kits Premier Signia from mid 90's, ten shells, plus a Rogers Dynasonic snare
Make of cymbal? Two sets : Sabian AA and XS20 and an old UFIP 20" china
Where do you practice? I barely practice at home, I practice mainly with my fellow musicians, I've never been very hard-working
Are you in a band? I'm in a band, and sometimes I play with others, to give a hand and change a bit.
What style of music? Rock, FM pop/rock, not my cup of tea but it works
Favourite take out food? French! It may sound snobbish, sorry
What country do you live in? France
One really odd fact about yourself? I like tweaking the instrument, I buy old beaten kits and get them back on the road, I'm always checking second hand stuffs to see if I can get a dusty - rusty kit and make it shine again. Ah - and I like Brit culture a lot ;) and English language.
How did you start drumming? It really started when I saw the Freddie Mercury's Tribute Concert in Wembley, discovered Metallica, the iconic B/W Artstar, Gun's roses, and all and fell in love for the instrument.

Maybe we should add an entry cos we can’t always play the music we like.
What kind of music do listen usually ? Prog, prog, prog ;)

Last edited:
The first "Introduction" thread lasted six years (!), went for 61 pages, had thousands of posts, and as of today had over one hundred and eighty thousand views. Time to put the old girl out to pasture. This is the new "Introduction" thread. Let's see if it makes it another six years!

*************************************************​

Welcome to the DrummerWorld forum. Please use this thread to introduce yourself. Answer the following questions (all optional), and let us know about you.

Real name?
Age?
Origin of user name?
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit?
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice?
Are you in a band?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?

Copy and paste these questions into your reply and let's learn about each other.
My name's Asher. I'm 15 and have been playing for just over 2 years (since 2021). My username is my first name and surname.
My top 5 drummers are:
  1. Brian Chippendale
  2. Zach Hill
  3. Damon Che
  4. Derek Grant
  5. Jojo Mayer
Most of my drums are Ashton, with the exception of my floor tom being Peace. (underground oceania/asia brands. I am from New Zealand). I use a single Paiste crash cymbal in addition.
I practice either at home or at school.
I was in a two-piece noise band called Hairjel until recently.
I play originals under the pseudonym "Oblivion Fly", currently working on an album.
I have always been fascinated with Brian Chippendale's style. My style is best defined as what it would sound like eternally falling down a flight of stairs while wearing silver armor. I started drumming in 2021 out of spite I guess. I had just started high school and it was a huge step up as they provide drum/recording rooms and I've always been musically creative. I started out just going into these rooms and getting on the kit with no real objective, just tapping about and making up my own grooves. I eventually developed a huge passion for it, which led me to get my own kit (a second-hand 'Peace' kit). I've been building up hoards of drums in my garage and hours of playtime ever since.

Really nice to be here,
Cheers

My name's Asher. I'm 15 and have been playing for just over 2 years (since 2021). My username is my first name and surname.
My top 5 drummers are:
  1. Brian Chippendale
  2. Zach Hill
  3. Damon Che
  4. Derek Grant
  5. Jojo Mayer
Most of my drums are Ashton, with the exception of my floor tom being Peace. (underground oceania/asia brands. I am from New Zealand). I use a single Paiste crash cymbal in addition.
I practice either at home or at school.
I was in a two-piece noise band called Hairjel until recently.
I play originals under the pseudonym "Oblivion Fly", currently working on an album.
I have always been fascinated with Brian Chippendale's style. My style is best defined as what it would sound like eternally falling down a flight of stairs while wearing silver armor. I started drumming in 2021 out of spite I guess. I had just started high school and it was a huge step up as they provide drum/recording rooms and I've always been musically creative. I started out just going into these rooms and getting on the kit with no real objective, just tapping about and making up my own grooves. I eventually developed a huge passion for it, which led me to get my own kit (a second-hand 'Peace' kit). I've been building up hoards of drums in my garage and hours of playtime ever since.

Really nice to be here,
Cheers

welcome to it!!!!

you will bring some great youthful insight to the forum

I am a middle/high school band director and percussion instructor, so I am used to interacting iwth people your age.

Age? 40's
How long have you been playing? Since I was 11
Origin of user name? A cool place of significant Native American origin
Your top 5 drummers? Spencer Prewett, Leo McClain, Matthew Paulazzo, Neal Peart, John Bonham
Make of drumkit? Pearl
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? Living room
Do you play covers or originals? Originals and a few covers I learned as a teen.
What style of music? Deathcore, Deathmetal, Blackmetal, Metalcore, Metal, Rock
Favorite take-out food? Pho
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? See above?
How did you start drumming? Elementary school band instrument try-outs. I am impatient, drums had no line, I wanted to go outside and play, I nailed the beats the guy asked me to do, so I thought it would be easy "A".

Hej y‘all!
Friends call me Blue Max … just turned 60 … started guitar when 11 y.o. … then organ & piano … in my High school garage band I had the first contact with a drum kit … Blue Max & Pepperland comes from the Beatles film Yellow Submarine which impressed me deeply since I was a kid … Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts, John Bonham, Jim Capaldi and Stewart Copeland are my drum hero’s … I play a Sonor Force 3000 kit in Scandinavian Birch … Made in Germany early 90s … Snare: 14“ x 61/2“ … Bass Drums: 20“ x 16“, 22“ x 16“, 24“ x16“ … Tom Toms: 8“ x 8“, 10“ x 9“, 12“ x 10“, 13“ x 11“, 14“ x 12“ … Stand Toms: 16“ x 16“, 18“ x 16“ … Jungle Snare 10“ x 2“ Made in China / converted to German standards … all shells are covered with Altenburger natural skins ( calf, goat and cow ) 🥁 … Cymbals: Paiste 2002 … Mega Bell 10“ … Medium Hi-Hat 14“ … Accent 4“, 6“, 8“ … Crash 16“, 18“ … China 18“ … Ride 22“ … Splash 10“ … Signature Crash fast Medium 20“ … pstx Crash 20“ … I practice, write & record my own music at home in Pepperland Studio with a little help from my friends … 😂 … Blues, R&B, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Reggae, African and Latin American influences … I live in Germany close to the Loreley … ✌🏻❤️🕊️2547B79A-8831-4980-A198-38016BB88378.jpegIMG_9539.jpeg00B27559-B851-4F57-A61A-6A75301D3736.jpeg

Last edited:
Hej y‘all!
Friends call me Blue Max … just turned 60 … started guitar when 11 y.o. … then organ & piano … in my High school garage band I had the first contact with a drum kit … Blue Max & Pepperland comes from the Beatles film Yellow Submarine which impressed me deeply since I was a kid … Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts, John Bonham, Jim Capaldi and Stewart Copeland are my drum hero’s … I play a Sonor Force 3000 kit in Scandinavian Birch … Made in Germany early 90s … Snare: 14“ x 16 1/2“ … Bass Drums: 20“ x 16“, 22“ x 16“, 24“ x16“ … Tom Toms: 8“ x 8“, 10“ x 9“, 12“ x 10“, 13“ x 11“, 14“ x 12“ … Stand Toms: 16“ x 16“, 18“ x 16“ … Jungle Snare 10“ x 2“ Made in China / converted to German standards … all shells are covered with Altenburger natural skins ( calf, goat and cow ) 🥁 … Cymbals: Paiste 2002 … Mega Bell 10“ … Medium Hi-Hat 14“ … Accent 4“, 6“, 8“ … Crash 16“, 18“ … China 18“ … Ride 22“ … Splash 10“ … Signature Crash fast Medium 20“ … pstx Crash 20“ … I practice, write & record my own music at home in Pepperland Studio with a little help from my friends … 😂 … R&B, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, African and Latin American influences … I live in Germany close to the Loreley … ✌🏻❤️🕊️View attachment 141207View attachment 141208View attachment 141209

welcome to the forum!!! I will bet you know your local police real well having those drums!!!!

Back