INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

below works

much of my playing was when Phones were on walls and desks!
but I have no iPhone and rarely- like never record gigs.

Last edited:
and my other life

001.JPG002.JPG

Dad ./ car lot 1948-2018

003.JPG

1954 year. pic the Auburn and an MG ^

004.JPG

not me ^ Nash in background

005.JPG

Auburn Speedster supercharged owned sold of course. Beauty, huh. two speed two ratio dana rear axle ya know like a Porsche Taycan ; ) (but more expensive
Jeannette Rt 30 intersection ^v always on the highway we were

006.JPG

I was born in 1956

007.JPG008.JPG

1948 1st office ^
and mid 80s below
my blue Strada and FI Spider both fuel injected
that Spider's an automatic we sold them new 66-82
when Fiat left US market we moved 1982 to the yellow brick house property later sold to GetGo in 2018

009.JPG

Dad.

010.JPG

Packard, (40s50s) Studebaker, Fiat (66-82) franchises + used. I was
VP/ mechanic from 9 yrs old 1965- until closing 2018.

So lott 'a cars. Lot.

Last edited:
wanna see a ton more? yea didn't think so ; )

69DB55DD-21DE-4E77-AED7-BDCEF6CA2C70.JPG

60s

amadiomotor67 - Copy2.jpg

think that's ^^1970 Fiat franchise^^
plus as always preowned
850 Spiders and 124s; Studebaker Avanti out front (had a dozen of those 1/2 dozen at least)
that's what I worked on started on everything there

lot.jpg

1982-2018 last lot. 2018 sold the corner (property) to Get Go it's a Service Petrol station Mart now

HondaOvt 003.jpg

Get Go cleared building house/my little beige garage\
it was theirs now : ) and built their thing. Thought there may be charging stations but no just Gas,

Image0268.jpg

so Sum up 1948-2018 a 70 year run not bad.
I was there for a little over 50 of them.

Image0255.jpg

one of first names was "600 Lot"

1948_zps07ac0abf.jpg

because nothing was over $600

Last edited:
more car lot 1948-2018
lot 004.JPG

49-50 Packard
building @ rt 30 intersection (property/still there its a dunkin donuts now)

lot 002.JPG
customer

caddy looks like a '/49
lot 005.JPG
across from McKee stadium Lowry Ave.

Last edited:
Hello from Arkansas.

Real name? Paul
Age? 42
How long have you been playing? Started playing in 1992 or 1993. Stopped in about 2012 or 2013 and haven't picked up a stick since. Just picked up a used kit and am itching to get back to it.
Origin of user name? Just passed the bar exam a year ago, so incorporated Esq into it. I dunno, it may be silly.
Your top 5 drummers? Simon Phillips, Neil Peart, Kenny Aronoff, Chad Smith, Buddy Rich
Make of drumkit? Ludwig
Make of cymbal? Zildjian cymbals, Meinl high hat
Where do you practice? Garage
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Right now I'm just trying to knock 10 years of rust off
What style of music? Country and rock
Favorite take-out food? Sushi
What country do you live in? U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm a redneck and an attorney. Not a combination you see every day.
How did you start drumming? Church

Really nice work! Great audio, too. I’m digging your cymbal sounds.
Thank you! Here’s what I used for that session:
14” manabu Yamamoto top/14” bosphorus 1600 series bottom
18” bosphorus masters series
20” manabu 2100 gram ride
20” bosphorus syncopation w rivets
10” bosphorus traditional splash

Hello from Westchester County, NY , I have posted in other threads here, but this a more formal introduction.

Real name? Aldo
Age? 71
How long have you been playing? Started playing in 1967 (thanks to Ringo, Charlie Watts and Dino Dinelli). Stopped in 1969 when my HS buddies and I parted ways that fall. I had my drumset (some cheapo brand that I don't remember) at my friend's house basement where we practiced our instruments together. Always played "Air Drums", tapping on dashboards and the like. As I was approaching retirement (actually happened in May 2021), in 2018, I mentioned to my wife of 45 years at that time, I was thinking to go to a local studio to play the drums for a few hours - get it out of my system. That Xmas, she gifted me a new Cheapo Gammon Kit. so, after 50 Years I'm back to playing Drums!
Origin of user name? I'm of Croatian / Italian Heritage but born in the USA in 1951 - the year my parents emigrated here from Trieste, Italy.
Your top 5 drummers? Ginger Baker, Kenny Aronoff, Keith Moon, Jon Bonham, and Buddy Rich (for the sheer speed) ; Dino Dinelli, Copeland and Gaad too.
Make of drumkit? PDP Concept Maple (replaced the Gammon mentioned above in 2021)
Make of cymbal? Paiste PST 7s & 8s cymbals, Paiste high hats
Where do you practice? Finished Basement / Man Cave created in COVID Hibernation
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Covers to My Music [CCR, Clapton, Winwood, Cars, Talking Heads, and much more]
What style of music? Basic Rock, Country/Rock, Blues/Rock,
Favorite take-out food? Seafood and Pizza
What country do you live in? U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm a Really Nice Guy in a very Troubling new world! I just keep saying: WTF !!!
How did you start drumming? HS Buddies in 1967. Took lessons at local Music shop. After the first lesson and seeing the drum set - I was Hooked. Play by Ear.

Great to be Here!

Real name? John
Age? 45
How long have you been playing? 30 years intermittently, on and off
Origin of user name? Always learning
Your top 5 drummers? Levon Helm, Stanton Moore, Clyde Stubblefield, Zigaboo Modeliste, Larnell Lewis, Nate Smith
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Rydeen (past Ludwig 60s, Bearing Edge Percussion ugh remember them?!)
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? Yes!
Do you play covers or originals? Covers and working on a few originals
What style of music? Soul, Rock N Roll, Reggae, Funk, Pop, Jazz, you name it
Favourite take out food? Shake Shack? Raisin Caines (daughter's go to for junk)
What country do you live in? Saudi Arabia
One really odd fact about yourself? I've been fired and re-hired by same company, idk, not really about me
How did you start drumming? My uncle dug out his old Ludwig kit when I was 16 or 17

Glad to back drumming regularly. Impressed with all the online resources, and I'm working on my rudiments more since I'm a groove player and really working finally bring my weak (left) hand up to speed. Had a few injuries on weak hand over years but its working and I need keep at it.

Got a fun band going here in Saudi with people from all over the world and been able to play out more regularly is the Kingdom modernizes.

got a lot of new gear, including a Soundcraft ui24R and a set of the SE mics, along with some U4 in-ear for everyone. Learning the mixer as I'm the "tech guy" and audio sound nut. Only thing left is to get my dream kit, toss up between Gretsch Renown and Ludwig. maybe 1 up 2 down or just 1/1.

Glad to be here!
J

Real name? John
Age? 45
How long have you been playing? 30 years intermittently, on and off
Origin of user name? Always learning
Your top 5 drummers? Levon Helm, Stanton Moore, Clyde Stubblefield, Zigaboo Modeliste, Larnell Lewis, Nate Smith
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Rydeen (past Ludwig 60s, Bearing Edge Percussion ugh remember them?!)
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? Yes!
Do you play covers or originals? Covers and working on a few originals
What style of music? Soul, Rock N Roll, Reggae, Funk, Pop, Jazz, you name it
Favourite take out food? Shake Shack? Raisin Caines (daughter's go to for junk)
What country do you live in? Saudi Arabia
One really odd fact about yourself? I've been fired and re-hired by same company, idk, not really about me
How did you start drumming? My uncle dug out his old Ludwig kit when I was 16 or 17

Glad to back drumming regularly. Impressed with all the online resources, and I'm working on my rudiments more since I'm a groove player and really working finally bring my weak (left) hand up to speed. Had a few injuries on weak hand over years but its working and I need keep at it.

Got a fun band going here in Saudi with people from all over the world and been able to play out more regularly is the Kingdom modernizes.

got a lot of new gear, including a Soundcraft ui24R and a set of the SE mics, along with some U4 in-ear for everyone. Learning the mixer as I'm the "tech guy" and audio sound nut. Only thing left is to get my dream kit, toss up between Gretsch Renown and Ludwig. maybe 1 up 2 down or just 1/1.

Glad to be here!
J

welcome to it....I saw you were a teacher in your pop up profile thing..what do you teach?

Hi guys!

Looking forward to contributing to this forum!

How long have you been playing: On & off since I was about 11, seriously for the past 15 or so years.
Your top 5 drummers? Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd (the big 3!), Gil Sharone, JD Beck. (This list is always changing!)
Make of drumkit? I have a Pearl kit, but lots of electronics too - Roland kit, Roland octapad. I'd love to get a kit by Australian drum maker Pansini Percussion!
Make of cymbal? I use Zildjian and Sabian but am a big fan of Australian cymbal maker Red Cymbals.
Where do you practice? Home, work, rehearsal studios - all in Sydney.
Are you in a band? I have a soul/funk/R'n'b covers band 'Plastic Soul' (www.plasticsoul.com.au). I also play for the house music orchestra 'House Odyssey' on octapad/synth and do some session work for bands, artists, DJ's etc.
Do you play covers or originals? Whatever I'm hired for! I am also a composer though.
What style of music? Mostly funk, soul, pop, R'n'B, rock, electronic, jazz. Whatever I'm hired for...
What country do you live in? Australia
One really odd fact about yourself? I do a lot of work with my octapad! Love playing full kit though. Also work with synths/keys and composition/production.
How did you start drumming? I was bored with the piano parts I was getting in my school concert band and asked to try drums.

Hey folks, I'm just getting into being "online" and a drummer again (seriously), so I thought I'd come here to get my fix!
I'm also documenting my move to Nashville and starting drumming all over again from scratch on my Youtube channel
Real name? Aaron Apter
Age? 40
How long have you been playing? 30+years
Your top 5 drummers? Ringo, Stewart, ?uestlove, Manu, Tony
Make of drumkit? Too many to count! But I am a fan of vintage Ludwig and 90's Yamaha's
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? In My home studio
Are you in a band? I play with and for bands
Do you play covers or originals? All
What style of music? What do you have? I play a wide variety of styles and am always looking to expand!
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I've completed multiple Ironmans
How did you start drumming? Family tradition.

Hey folks, I'm just getting into being "online" and a drummer again (seriously), so I thought I'd come here to get my fix!
I'm also documenting my move to Nashville and starting drumming all over again from scratch on my Youtube channel
Real name? Aaron Apter
Age? 40
How long have you been playing? 30+years
Your top 5 drummers? Ringo, Stewart, ?uestlove, Manu, Tony
Make of drumkit? Too many to count! But I am a fan of vintage Ludwig and 90's Yamaha's
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? In My home studio
Are you in a band? I play with and for bands
Do you play covers or originals? All
What style of music? What do you have? I play a wide variety of styles and am always looking to expand!
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I've completed multiple Ironmans
How did you start drumming? Family tradition.

Stewart, Manu, and Zildjian....we speak the same language!!!

welcome to the fray!!!!

After being on cymbalholic and DFO, I just stumbled into this place.

Real name?
Steve Hirsh
Age?
How long have you been playing?
started playing snare drum in jr high band class. That would be about 1967. Had a long hiatus during the 80s and 90s, but the itch never really went away.
Origin of user name?
I used to live in a small city in far northern Minnesota, Bemidji. bji is the airport deisgnation.
Your top 5 drummers?
Brian Blade, Hamid Drake, Joey Baron, Alvin Fielder,
Make of drumkit?
I'm a Canopus endorser and currently playing an ash kit. I also have an Inde kit.
Make of cymbal?
I'm a Bosphorus endorser.
Where do you practice?
I live in the middle of the woods. I'm lucky enough to have a studio away from the house where I can play whenever I want.
Are you in a band?
I'm part of several ongoing projects, as well as the regular sorts of one-off gatherings. Original Mind, a Minnesota thing. https://originalmind.bandcamp.com/album/you-know-when-its-time
Sparks Quartet https://mahakalamusic.bandcamp.com/album/sparks
Some People (Gabby Fluke-Mogul, Chad Fowler, Mara Rosenbloom, Dave Sewelson, me)
Do you play covers or originals?
hehe (see below)
What style of music?
improvised, group composition in real time
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in?

USA
One really odd fact about yourself?
it'd violate forum rules to say
How did you start drumming?
When I got braces my orthodontist told my mother I had to quit playing alto sax because it would make my overbite worse. Drums seemed like the easiest thing to pick up for jr high band class.

Hello there

Real name? Christer
Age? 42
How long have you been playing? Started when I was 14-15, played for a few years. Stopped for a few years. Repeat. Getting into it again now; the love has always been there, but circumstances haven't always been ideal. Never been schooled, just playing in bands or with friends.
Origin of user name? My name. Couldn't think of anything better there and then.
Your top 5 drummers? Only 5?! Ok then, I'll try.. Jojo Mayer, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jimmy Chamberlin, Taylor Hawkins, and.. Mike Johnston, for being an awesome internet teacher and inspiring me to pick up the sticks again.
Make of drumkit? Sonor S-classix
Make of cymbal? Murat Diril
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? No
What style of music? Mainly rock and jazz influenced, with a dash of funk and R&B
Favorite take-out food? Indian, sushi
What country do you live in? Norway
One really odd fact about yourself? Hmm..nothing, really.
How did you start drumming? Played guitar first, then got into drumming when my cousin stopped playing and lent me his kit for a while.

Hello there

Real name? Christer
Age? 42
How long have you been playing? Started when I was 14-15, played for a few years. Stopped for a few years. Repeat. Getting into it again now; the love has always been there, but circumstances haven't always been ideal. Never been schooled, just playing in bands or with friends.
Origin of user name? My name. Couldn't think of anything better there and then.
Your top 5 drummers? Only 5?! Ok then, I'll try.. Jojo Mayer, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jimmy Chamberlin, Taylor Hawkins, and.. Mike Johnston, for being an awesome internet teacher and inspiring me to pick up the sticks again.
Make of drumkit? Sonor S-classix
Make of cymbal? Murat Diril
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? No
What style of music? Mainly rock and jazz influenced, with a dash of funk and R&B
Favorite take-out food? Indian, sushi
What country do you live in? Norway
One really odd fact about yourself? Hmm..nothing, really.
How did you start drumming? Played guitar first, then got into drumming when my cousin stopped playing and lent me his kit for a while.

Hi Christer!

Welcome to the forum mate.

I hope you have a lot of fun on here 😁

Regards Ben.

Back