I finally bought a Ludwig kit I love

Jml

After buying (and returning) Ludwig Breakbeats and Neusonic kits, I once again dipped my toes into the Ludwig water, and finally found my forever kit - Ludwig Classic Oaks in blue oyster pearl. Couldn’t say no when they were on sale on Reverb for a crazy discount. Still getting used to having a virgin bass drum, and switching between a snare stand and cymbal stand clamp for my rack tom, but for now I’m just enjoying the hell out of this. Sizes are 13x9, 16x16 and 22x14.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    615.1 KB · Views: 41
Beautiful! Those classic oaks sound so good, too. Congratulations! 😁

Very nice.......so how much of it is oak? Other ply species in there too? thanks

In many video clips of Classic Oaks, I could hear hints of Legacy coming through. Enjoy!
If you really like a tom arm mounted on a bass drum, the Atlas Arch adds to it reversibly without having to drill or alter your drums permanently.

Gorgeous finish, congratulations! I bet they sound killer.

Honey..wait a second..pull the car over a minute. Classic oak?..like Yamaha oak?. Where have (I) been. Someone slap me out of my slumber. That has to be double..the power of Ludwig coming at you. Who SAYS pretty ain't got no power. Please..send me that kit so I can have it...please?.

Beautiful kit! I am getting really close to buying a set of Ludwigs too. Just waiting for the price of new sets to come down a little, or for the Canadian dollar to strengthen compared to the US dollar.

Great sizes too, by the way. Sounds like an all-around great kit.

"3rd Time's a Charm'..

how about an old-school 4 bolt (for Ludwig) Rail..
Like Don Brewer and John Bonham used

:D

In many video clips of Classic Oaks, I could hear hints of Legacy coming through. Enjoy!
If you really like a tom arm mounted on a bass drum, the Atlas Arch adds to it reversibly without having to drill or alter your drums permanently.
I looked at a Legacy kit near me, but it was more than double the price (it was new though, whereas my Classic Oak was lightly used).

I’m considering the Atlas Arch but I heard it’s pretty heavy….

Honey..wait a second..pull the car over a minute. Classic oak?..like Yamaha oak?. Where have (I) been. Someone slap me out of my slumber. That has to be double..the power of Ludwig coming at you. Who SAYS pretty ain't got no power. Please..send me that kit so I can have it...please?.
Haha! Keep looking. I got very lucky.

After buying (and returning) Ludwig Breakbeats and Neusonic kits, I once again dipped my toes into the Ludwig water, and finally found my forever kit - Ludwig Classic Oaks in blue oyster pearl. Couldn’t say no when they were on sale on Reverb for a crazy discount. Still getting used to having a virgin bass drum, and switching between a snare stand and cymbal stand clamp for my rack tom, but for now I’m just enjoying the hell out of this. Sizes are 13x9, 16x16 and 22x14.
Beatufull drums Ludwig is King of drums

Back