All of my Sabian Chinas from 12" to 20" demo! 11 in total

You have a lot of Chinas. Glad to see you're a Sabian guy. I'm partial to the Holy Chinas myself. I have a 21" AA and like it a lot, but feel that I need a 19" also.

I have two very old Chinas that must date back to the 1920s-30s. The sizes are very strange; 15.75" and 17.5." I guess the Chinese weren't very accurate in their measuring back then. They both sound good, but I don't use them live for fear of breaking them.

Nice demo!

Man, Sabian makes some strange, "non-china" sounding chinas. The only ones that sounded like actual chinas to me were the 17" Holy, the 18" XSR and the 19" AAX-Xtreme. All the others sounded like an odd mix of regular crash and china. Maybe it's just me.

Also. loosen up that wingnut a little bro! You were making me nervous hitting the chinas with that lack of movement.

You have a lot of Chinas. Glad to see you're a Sabian guy. I'm partial to the Holy Chinas myself. I have a 21" AA and like it a lot, but feel that I need a 19" also.

I have two very old Chinas that must date back to the 1920s-30s. The sizes are very strange; 15.75" and 17.5." I guess the Chinese weren't very accurate in their measuring back then. They both sound good, but I don't use them live for fear of breaking them.
yeah I absolutely love Sabian. Been playing Sabian for 35 years now. I'm also proud to be a part of the Sabian family now!

Those are some odd sizes! I wouldn't want to break them either ! lol

Nice demo!

Man, Sabian makes some strange, "non-china" sounding chinas. The only ones that sounded like actual chinas to me were the 17" Holy, the 18" XSR and the 19" AAX-Xtreme. All the others sounded like an odd mix of regular crash and china. Maybe it's just me.

Also. loosen up that wingnut a little bro! You were making me nervous hitting the chinas with that lack of movement.

Yeah the X-treme is my newest addition and it is aggressive!! The wingnut isn't "tight" for say... but the washer felt pad has a hard carboard backing so the china doesn't swing as much... but good call I'll make sure to bring it back a big to give it more movement for sure!

I like that little 14 in it really cuts and has a nice wash with a lil tang, and takes up little real estate. It surprised me. You have a very nice collection- the brilliant ones really have a distinct timbre. Big range of sounds in your collection-which is really nice. Do you have favorites or you turn them over giving each some love?

I like that little 14 in it really cuts and has a nice wash with a lil tang, and takes up little real estate. It surprised me. You have a very nice collection- the brilliant ones really have a distinct timbre. Big range of sounds in your collection-which is really nice. Do you have favorites or you turn them over giving each some love?

Surprisingly... the XS20 and the AAX Brilliant are two of my main go to China's out live. In my studio the XSR is setup on my Pork Pie kit and the AAX X-treme is my newest addition I've been trying on my PDP CCM. They all get love here and there since I have multiple kits setup.

Ones that "do it" for me.

14" AAX mini. Yes please. A cut above them all of them.

Acceptable
19" AAX X-Treme.
16" AA
18" AA
18" AAX

I'd sell the rest. Weren't anything special.
🙂

Last edited:
I recently got a Sabian 16" aa "flat chinese" and the shape is not all that much like a china at all. The flange part does not bend past the edge of the lowest part, it has such a small flange, I would like to know if I should use it like a crash, the way I mount it, or like reversed the way I would normally mount a china? My concern with using it like a crash is the edge is super thin compared to a crash and the place I normally strike a crash is the edge. I hit a china normally on the inside area of the flange or on the bent part of it on the inside and not the edge. This is the strangest china in that sense. How is a flat chinese supposed to get mounted. Please do not say personal preference, because I don't have one for this yet. I say too many words please forgive..
Big fan of Sabian AA's.
First Sabian hihats I had were made in Italy, called B20's

Ones that "do it" for me.

14" AAX mini. Yes please. A cut above them all of them.

Acceptable
19" AAX X-Treme.
16" AA
18" AA
18" AAX

I'd sell the rest. Weren't anything special.
🙂
That 14" Mini is killer!!! Its mind blowing how much cut it has!

• Like!!
Reactions: I-P
Back