Search results

1. nicotine25

Merry Christmas to me

Hey guys! I had a great drum Christmas and thought I'd share so photos of my blessings. My wife was kind enough to get exactly what I wanted this year. I received all brand spanking new heads...(batter and resos) and a Kick Port. I wanted to do a little experimentation with heads since I...
  2. nicotine25

Finally have a great drum room

Hey guys.... So my wife and I purchased a new home. When we were looking, the one condition that I had was that I wanted to find a house with an extra room that I could use as a music room/studio. I desperately wanted to get my drums out of the garage. Well we found the perfect house and...
  3. nicotine25

My daughter getting behind my kit.

Hey guys, My wife filmed my 13mo old daughter having fun behind my kit. It was really cool to see how exited she was. Hopefully she will take an interest in music. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iA5prCKd4Y
  4. nicotine25

New pics...Gretsch Catalina Birch w/new floor tom!

Hey guys! I just got around to taking new pics of my set since I have acquired a matching 16x13 tom. The tom originally had a GTS suspension mount on it, but I removed the mount and used the bracket off the mount as well as the brackets off the 8" and 10" toms that I dont use, to add floor tom...
  5. nicotine25

Drilling holes for floor tom bracket?

I recently acquired a 13"x16" Gretsch Catalina Birch rack mount floor tom which now completes my set. The only problem is that I do not want it to hang... I want to attach floor tom legs. I just ordered 12.7mm legs and I have a bunch of gretsch 12.7mm brackets that I have taken off the "rims"...
  6. nicotine25

Vintage Gretsch Ebay find...good deal???

Hey guys I just wanted your input on this set I found. I am linking to the ebay auction page but the guy selling it lives about 30 miles from me and I originally found it on craigslist. Hence I would be able to try it before I buy it. I don't know much about these Gretsch drums and just...
  7. nicotine25

Snare side head question and survey

For you guys that have snare drums with good snare beds, how do you tension your bottom head?....I have read a few different ways and wanted to see what y'all do. Do you tension the rods adjacent to the bed tighter, looser, or same tension as the remaining rods? I look forward to hearing your...
  8. nicotine25

Check this Drummer Out!!!

His name is Phil Bass, he plays for Texas guitar phenom Monte Montgomery...Ive seen him live a few dozen times and he has insane groove, that fits so well with Monte's amazing guitar riffs...watch for the short solo at 3:38 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBn1-Yntgs
  9. nicotine25

George Way in action!!!

So I have added a bunch of videos to my youtube channel since receiving my George Way "Elkhart" Snare. I am pretty impressed with the sound quality and although its good...it is nowhere near the sound of my drums live. (before the "man you drums sound like sh*t...comments come in)...The...
  10. nicotine25

IT ARRIVED!!!!!

So my George Way "Elkhart" copper 14"x6.5 snare drum arrived today!!! I won this as part of the Modern Drummer Dunnett/Geo.Way Great Snare Drum Giveaway. I could not be happier. I will post some audio and video on Youtube to let yall hear it...but ill tell you now that it sounds...
  11. nicotine25

Check out this deal...should I go for it?

Musicians friend has a Gretsch Catalina Club Rock 24 13 16 18 14 for $499!!! NEW thats almost half off the $849 price at guitar center for a scratch and dent!!!!!! Theese are the drums I have actually been looking at for a while, although I was thinking about holding out and saving for a couple...
  12. nicotine25

New Pics, New Gear, and a little History

So I just recently recieved some new gear, and I also reconfigured my set (again). I wanted to explain a little background history as to illustrate why I did what I did. I am 28 yrs old and have been playing for about 22-23 years (started when I was 5.) My uncle had a huge old ludwig set...
  13. nicotine25

hi-hat rod delima

Do any of you guy's have suggestions and / or tips for cutting down a hi-hat rod? Or does any Mfg. make a shorter than usual hh rod? Thanks for your input
  14. nicotine25

Unique Cymbal Uses and pairings

So its been a really long time since I have posted here...(I now have a new job that allows me to be online!!)...I was just wanting to see some of your more unique Cymbal uses...For example I use a 22" Zildjian K Constantinople Medium Thin Ride Low primarily as a crash, and I have an alternate...
  15. nicotine25

new pics...new gear... new drum room

Here are some new pics of my drums and my cleaned out garage/drum room. specs are as follows: Drums: Gretsch Catalina Birch in vintage fade. Bass: 22" x 18", Power Stroke III Batter, Coated Amabasador Reso Snare: 14" x 5-1/2", Gretsch Crystal Tone Black Chrome over Steel, Coated Ambasador...
  16. nicotine25

my re-designed gretsch set-up

Hi im Nick, Its been a while since I have posted, and I have re-configured my set up so here are the specs Drums: Gretsch Catalina Birch in vintage fade. Bass: 22" x 18", Power Stroke III Batter, Coated Amabasador Reso Snare: 14" x 5-1/2", Gretsch Crystal Tone Black Chrome over Steel, Coated...
Back