Check this Drummer Out!!!

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I really liked them. You don't see many trios like this. I see a jazz influence in Phil's playing style. Thanks for posting.
I play with The String Band. We do music like this except we have a mandolin and a conga player in addition to an acoustic guitar and lead player . I take inspiration from this.

nicotine25

Yeah the dude can play!!!...on many of their originals they will rock out in 4/4 and then throw some crazy odd-time signature riff in there just enough to throw you off and say....what the f was that!!...he really lays back in the pocket, and does not over play at all...even when he does a fill, he keeps it classy and interesting

Lengo

That's classy pocket. However, it doesn't go with your Keith Moon quote. He doesn't bang his drums -- he gets the most out of them by playing soft and loud, with finesse.

BassDriver

Silver Member
That is why these kind of drummers get the gigs.

...and that wasn't a drum solo, it is called a drum break, like we don't call the "Amen Break" the "Amen Drum Solo".

BTW I love guitar solos on acoustic guitars, except that one sounded like an electric instead of a mic-ed one which was a disappointment.

...but still I liked it.

nicotine25

That's classy pocket. However, it doesn't go with your Keith Moon quote. He doesn't bang his drums -- he gets the most out of them by playing soft and loud, with finesse.
Yeah my signature is facetious...I play with finesse and groove...

nicotine25

BTW I love guitar solos on acoustic guitars, except that one sounded like an electric instead of a mic-ed one which was a disappointment.

...but still I liked it.

That is part of Monte's sound...you should hear him rip Stevie Ray, or Hendrix on that accoustic....pretty amazing...unique but still amazing.