Your Best Drum(mer) Memorabilia

I have a pair of commerative sticks given to me by Ron Hurst (drummer -Steppenwolf). He used them for their 50 anniversary concert at the Ryman auditorium.
The sticks are cool. It is far "cooler" having him as a friend and teacher for more than 10 years now.20181102_124815.jpg

I have a broken Ludwig Speed King pedal formerly owned by Dino Danelli of The Rascals, as well as few old sticks of his and a gong mallet, of all things. I tried to obtain the red Rogers snare Dino used with The Rascals, but it never happened. Now, it's for sale on Reverb for over $6000.

I also own the 22" painted bass drum head that drummer John Ike Walton had made when the Thirteenth Floor Elevators reunited for one show in 2015. It's pretty much an exact duplicate of the one he used in the '60s. John and I are friendly, and he offered it to me for a very reasonable price.

I have several autographed drumheads, sticks, magazines, etc., but this is my favorite because he's my favorite drummer:

one of Michael Derosier's Supras he used with Heart. The copper lugs matched the lugs on his thermogloss kit. I also have a pair of sticks he used and signed.

View attachment 142672
View attachment 142673
Man this brings a memory..didnt he play with Sherrif? afterwards?. Am I wrong?. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Man this brings a memory..didnt he play with Sherrif? afterwards?. Am I wrong?. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
You're almost right! Derosier (and 2 of the other original Heart guys) joined Freddy Curci and Steve DeMarchi from Sheriff to form the band Alias.

Ringo's gonna' kick your ass.

:ROFLMAO:
With the way he looks at 82! He probably can! LOL. Ringo attributed his youthful look to eating Broccoli everyday. Saw him on a Late Night show a few months ago. He was not kidding. Ringo was a sickly child way back in his youth and nearly died from appendicitis which burst and put him into a coma for more than a week.

I have a rod washer...used by Bermuda...i think....."you can't really dust.. for washers."

I have a pair of sticks given to me by Dave Weckl. His Evo model... And a signed Journey album by Steve Smith.

I also have a handful of signed drumheads; Hal Blaine, Adam Nussbaum, Will Calhoun (and the rest of Living Colour), Jim Riley, Clayton Cameron...I'm sure there are more but that's all I can recall now.

I have a stick from Vinnie Paul that I got from a show that I met him at in 2010. Even though I met him I got the sick through a friend who knew one of the road crew.

I have a pair of commerative sticks given to me by Ron Hurst (drummer -Steppenwolf). He used them for their 50 anniversary concert at the Ryman auditorium.
The sticks are cool. It is far "cooler" having him as a friend and teacher for more than 10 years now.View attachment 142648
Hey Lunasee - I really like how you framed those sticks man. Was it a DIY?👍

My Dad had a Gene Krupa / Buddy Rich album signed by Buddy for me. It's the only piece of vinyl I kept.

A picture with myself and Steve Gadd at the Blue Note when he was there for a few consecutive days with Chick Corea.

I've had autographs in the past which no longer are in my possession from drummers such as Duffy Jackson, Ed Thigpen, Louie Bellson, among others.

Another cool thing in my collection... The Chief's personal desktop catalog with price updates in his writing!

IMG_6149.JPGIMG_6150.JPG

interesting that they were teaming up with Paiste back then as well as the hella coolness of the item itself!!!
They went back & forth between Zildjian and Paiste, Slingerland and I believe the others did at the time as well. I think Sabian was in the mix for a bit, but eventually everyone stopped partnering with each other.

They went back & forth between Zildjian and Paiste, Slingerland and I believe the others did at the time as well. I think Sabian was in the mix for a bit, but eventually everyone stopped partnering with each other.

I am just so used to seeing old Ludwigs with Zildjians....

I have a few things the best is a Ringo Star doll. My brother and I got Beatles dolls for Christmas probably around the late 60s he got Paul and I got Ringo. My brother was a teenager and played guitar. I didn't play drums until Christmas of 69, I did have a toy drum or two before then. I wonder if they knew I would gravitate towards the drums or it was just coincidence.

Back