What's your latest purchase?

Justinhub2003

The D6 is a super mic!!! Not available when I bought my D112 AKG, I was close to ditch it and buy the D6 but I went the 2 mikes road with my AKG C5600 (AKG C414 capsule in a different shell) and while it's bit more complex, I like it a lot. So, in 3 words, how would you describe the D6?
And it's a Benny Greb Signature that I see here right? Brass model?

Yea I have the Earthworks Kick Mic, the AKG D112 and then now the D6... I was able to get the D6 for 50 bucks from a friend. and When I couple the D6 with my Avantone Pro Subkick, its literally the perfect sound for me. Because Im using a sub kick, I want my main Kick mic to have a lot of Focus and snap.

As of for the BG snare, I absolutely love it. I have the Beech Model as well But I just love the sounds I get from the brass model. Both are killer

someguy01

Then there's me, the human stick figure. I weigh the most I ever have in my life at 162lbs @ 6'2".
Prior to this, I never passed 153 on the scale.
I'll just stfu and go back to my corner.

SomeBadDrummer

I just paid $62.46 with free shipping for this 1990’s Tama 10 lug 14x 3 Rosewood made in Japan snare drum with die cast rims and cool offset lugs. I hope I didn’t just get scammed. I’m looking forward to seeing this thing it looks to be in great condition.

Attachments

• 705EE938-3AF9-4A2D-AFFD-6400F3F9B39C.jpeg
    705EE938-3AF9-4A2D-AFFD-6400F3F9B39C.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 17

danondrums

22" K Constantinople Bounce Ride
15" K Constantinople HiHats

Listened to the specific cymbals on memphis drum shop's website and am thoroughly pleased.
8198c7b5-e714-3500-1c05-82d9a11f0d32.jpg

f50b5ad1-33f9-7f96-f493-4d2ab9bccca2.jpg

s1212z

I just paid $62.46 with free shipping for this 1990’s Tama 10 lug 14x 3 Rosewood made in Japan snare drum with die cast rims and cool offset lugs. I hope I didn’t just get scammed. I’m looking forward to seeing this thing it looks to be in great condition.
Would not trust these sites at all. That price is very scam-ish. Those shopping search engines change their name and I think they use previously sold items pics for their postings...I think it uses our search engine data as well to further entice.

It appears those pictures are from Reverb listing that already ended (sold for $900) from Hawthorne's in Pittsburgh PA, sorry

River19

22" K Constantinople Bounce Ride
15" K Constantinople HiHats

Listened to the specific cymbals on memphis drum shop's website and am thoroughly pleased.
8198c7b5-e714-3500-1c05-82d9a11f0d32.jpg

f50b5ad1-33f9-7f96-f493-4d2ab9bccca2.jpg

Love it.

I picked up a 22: K Cons Renaissance Ride earlier this year and I am in love......the K Cons are just fine instruments

someguy01

Glad to hear it. Negative reviews of Sensitones are pretty rare. They're among the best shells on the market as far as I'm concerned.
I really love the sound of the brass. Drop on a piece of paper, it's nice and fat. I might sell off a couple others.
It also came with a coated ambassador batter and ambassador snare. Both new. I've never been a Remo player, but this thing sounded epic literally out of the box. I haven't touched a thing on it.

C.M. Jones

I might sell off a couple others.
That exemplifies why I've never benefitted from possessing an assortment of snares at once. One snare has always risen to the top as my unrivaled favorite, and others have stagnated in a closet. I now have only one snare, my 14"x5" Music City Custom. I gave my backup snare to my son recently, and I have no plans to get another. The one I have is the only one I want to play, and there isn't a setting or a style of music it can't handle. I'll be riding the single-snare bus until fate dictates otherwise, though I can't conceive circumstances that would warrant a change.

yammyfan

Just got a new 17” K Sweet crash. Dies off quickly, opens up easily, and is the cymbal sound in my head. Perfect for low-volume gigs
The K Sweets sound great mic'd up also. I had the opportunity to hear my mine from the audience one night when I let another guy use them. They sat in the mix just beautifully.

And definitely, they do low volume situations well. Even the largest ones open up easily so controlling their volume isn't difficult. That character really adds to their versatility.

Justinhub2003

bought a 6 pack of Carter McLean sticks from promark (love these drumsticks) and the guy at guitar center rang it up as one stick.. didn’t realize until I go in my car that I paid like 8 bucks for 6 pair (I had a 20% code)

I ain’t tellin

BA2F6A45-B610-4DDA-AEE4-3D0B3C067238.jpeg

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.
Premier genista natural birch finish 👌👏 1990 vintage recording customs. Used on some tracks for The Commodores, The Temptations ,Jermaine Jackson and many more. One happy drummer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-014812_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-014812_Chrome.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 18

JohnnyStix

I could use some, ok a lot, of help please. All you Ludwig fans... Just picked up an old 6.5x14 wood shell snare at a flea market. I've always been a Tama guy, so my knowledge is minimal, and hours of searching have left me needing a strong Captain and Coke. Details are... Oval, enamel Ludwig and Ludwig badge. Date stamp on inside of shell is 8-27-40. That conflicts with the 30s era badge? Yes? No? Maybe? Seems all original except heads and snares throw off fully functional. Finish is bizarre. A blue with glitter thrown on after painting. They must have taken the lugs off, but the badge was painted over. I carefully scraped the paint off badge. Hoping I didn't damage it too badly. Possibility it's White Marine Pearl underneath? Definitely a wrap. Any advice, or where to get solid info would be extremely appreciated. Thank You!

Attachments

• IMAG1030.jpg
    IMAG1030.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG1031.jpg
    IMAG1031.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG1027.jpg
    IMAG1027.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG1028.jpg
    IMAG1028.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG1026.jpg
    IMAG1026.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG1029.jpg
    IMAG1029.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 10

JohnnyStix

I could use some, ok a lot, of help please. All you Ludwig fans... Just picked up an old 6.5x14 wood shell snare at a flea market. I've always been a Tama guy, so my knowledge is minimal, and hours of searching have left me needing a strong Captain and Coke. Details are... Oval, enamel Ludwig and Ludwig badge. Date stamp on inside of shell is 8-27-40. That conflicts with the 30s era badge? Yes? No? Maybe? Seems all original except heads and snares throw off fully functional. Finish is bizarre. A blue with glitter thrown on after painting. They must have taken the lugs off, but the badge was painted over. I carefully scraped the paint off badge. Hoping I didn't damage it too badly. Possibility it's White Marine Pearl underneath? Definitely a wrap. Any advice, or where to get solid info would be extremely appreciated. Thank You!
Updating myself... Not a wrap, found small chip with bare wood exposed. Now I'm even more stumped. Seeing how the badge was painted over... 🤔