What's your latest purchase?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
An online membership to P.A.S.

I always assumed it was strictly for legit guys. Later I learned they started including drumset players at their conventions so I though I'd check it out.

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

I couldn't help it.

I tried - but I couldn't (especially after getting that Gretsch Bronze Snare).

Today I pulled the trigger on a 5 piece Gretsch Brooklyn in Satin Black Metallic.

So I have a 10,12,16,22" coming in with bass drum mounted toms (I know...but I hate toms on stands haha)

A whole new set of Evans Heads (EC2s on top, G1s on bottom, EMAD for the bass drum)
One more of the Yamaha Cross Town Stands now that I know I'm committed to them haha
Some cases so it'll be nice and safe for a long time
and a GTS mount to replace the RIMS style mounts for the 10" and 12" tom - an idea I got thanks to @brentcn.

I'll make sure and post pics when it's all in and set up!!

tfgretsch

I couldn't help it.

Today I pulled the trigger on a 5 piece Gretsch Brooklyn in Satin Black Metallic.

So I have a 10,12,16,22" coming in with bass drum mounted toms (I know...but I hate toms on stands haha)

A whole new set of Evans Heads (EC2s on top, G1s on bottom, EMAD for the bass drum)
One more of the Yamaha Cross Town Stands now that I know I'm committed to them haha
and a GTS mount to replace the RIMS style mounts for the 10" and 12" tom - an idea I got thanks to @brentcn.

Sounds great,enjoy !!

Ransan

Pearl Session Studio Select 6.5”x14” snare black halo glitter for when my 5 piece shell pack comes in, now told Octoberish but I can wait.
Beautiful lacquer finish with black sparkles but glitter so it’s black sparkles until light then it becomes a halo or galaxy effect, so so beautiful.
This has bottom and the back beat is perfect!
And the Shure MV 88 with video kit .
CA5F5628-C29C-4BDA-9B38-A080B3B4A302.jpeg1225C06A-1E33-4B5C-9796-514488C0C9BA.jpeg

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I couldn't help it.

Very nice. Waiting impatiently for photos.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
I couldn't help it.

They conveniently make the Brooklyn Standard snare in only that color. You NEED one!

Rotarded

Finally bit the bullet, and just received the 2 foot cable replacing the 8 foot cable on my DW9000 Remote Hi Hat. It's much more manageable in my current configuration.

Dirtysticks

I recently bought a Rogers Dynasonic snare because I wanted to add a brass snare to my collection. I just finished putting it together and getting it playable. I bought the COB shell for $94.96 (including shipping), the 10 lugs for $16.25, the throw for $12.90, the wires for $4, I already had an AmbassadorX for the top, an Ambassador Hazy for $12.99, the butt plate for $8.00 and the hoops for $28. That's a grand total of $177.10 and this is some of the best money I have spent on a snare. This sounds great. It doesn't have that fancy strainer system that came on the Dynasonics and I like it better this way with less to fiddle with. Purists might scoff at a Dynasonic with different lugs and unoriginal parts for the strainer, instead of that original parallel system, but I wanted to add a great sounding Brass snare for cheap and this was the best way to do it in my opinion. Great brass tone, sensitive, great projection, and a wide tuning range.

Dirtysticks

Here are some pics. Stich Chopper hoop on top, triple flange on the bottom, Steel wires, extended butt plate, and standard strainer. I used rubber grommets on the holes where the internal muffler was mounted. This is now setup just how I like it. No muffler, easy and funtional strainer, great hoops.

Side note: this snare spent much of its life as a house drum for Rubber Room Studios in North Carolina. It’s been on many records and I’m glad to give it new life and keep the music going. Very pleased with this addition.
10DDFF75-D240-43AE-9D4C-5911FAA95367.jpeg880F73D6-DEFA-4874-8511-48863BDB14F3.jpegFF444184-1C90-4CC4-8A8A-C05D1FED2A51.jpegBA49B61C-0A61-485E-94C0-851D474882F6.jpegD87C7B6C-C4E5-422A-B76E-811C1F253982.jpeg

Last edited:

drumnut87

s-l1600 (2).jpg

just won this on ebay, pearl s-2000 snare drum stand. discontinued now since pearl updated their whole line of hardware. had one before and traded it away stupidly. this thing was heavy, but solid as a F******G rock! :)

Dirtysticks

This Tama Imperialstar “King Beat” (more like a Powerline now lol) is one of the most cutting snares you will ever hear. It has a heavy gauge seamless steel shell! Found this shell for the low, added some lugs and hardware and brought it back to life.
6571F1FF-A2A3-49A0-B66A-4944F9B75A92.jpeg817D0CA2-E4DA-4C94-BE66-2F032E95CF9D.jpeg68FD8D50-648D-4F72-91D3-F93495C9F8AA.jpeg790E40B0-C055-4C81-B80E-C528C3548F7C.jpegAA361010-CF98-4608-A5A5-50291F82D9FA.jpeg

gish

View attachment 93376

just won this on ebay, pearl s-2000 snare drum stand. discontinued now since pearl updated their whole line of hardware. had one before and traded it away stupidly. this thing was heavy, but solid as a F******G rock! :)
I have one of these as well. I use the top half of this stand with a Yamaha 700 concert height snare stand base for my rack tom. The pieces are compatible, and this hybrid stand works great!