Sabian's New Logo

I hope their new logo and "attitude" is just part of a better worldwide marketing and distribution campaign. In my country, their local dealer is a joke. I couldn't get a brand new HH unless I ordered it for a king's ransom and waited forever for it to arrive. Fake AAXs are all over the place. Sure, we're a small market. But even Mehmet kills them here.

Just came across this - seems like DCP isn´t too thrilled with the new logo as well. They are offering to remove it free of charge. :-D

https://youtu.be/pMxGXCd3kZ8?t=1099

I think the new logo is revoltingly ugly. Looks like something you might find carved into the wall of a public toilet. Just a terrible design.

Can´t imagine an Artisan Elite or the like with that logo.

Just came across this - seems like DCP isn´t too thrilled with the new logo as well. They are offering to remove it free of charge. :-D

https://youtu.be/pMxGXCd3kZ8?t=1099

I think the new logo is revoltingly ugly. Looks like something you might find carved into the wall of a public toilet. Just a terrible design.

Can´t imagine an Artisan Elite or the like with that logo.

Okay now that is kind of funny. It is a bit sad that, like they said, it seemed everything was all about the new branding/logo etc. and not the cymbals. It is funny as a lot of the discussion about the logo on here was saying that it is all about the sound and not the logo... but it seems that even Sabian was caring more about the branding/logo than the sound.

Isn't Sabian the company that you can ship your cymbals to and for a small fee they will restore the original logo if it's been polished off, faded, whatever?

You see where I am going with this...

Isn't Sabian the company that you can ship your cymbals to and for a small fee they will restore the original logo if it's been polished off, faded, whatever?

You see where I am going with this...

I could see people buying from DCP, having the old logo taken off for free. Paying whatever it is to ship it to Sabian and paying to have the logo put on... just to find out Sabian put the new logo on instead of the old one.

I think I found the logo typeface on a Pinterest board entitled "horrible 80s logos"...

Attachments

• thunderstorm.jpg
    thunderstorm.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 880
Loved the 80s, but somethings about the period should be left alone! The new Sabiano logo is one of them! Definitely a flashback from the 2nd and 3rd example! :(

I think I found the logo typeface on a Pinterest board entitled "horrible 80s logos"...

The new logo was hand-drawn, it's not an existing typeface. Got that from Andy when I was grilling him about it at NAMM.

Bermuda

Does it change the sound?

It shouldn't, the difference in the amount of ink is negligible in terms of what the ear could detect.

The new logo was hand-drawn, it's not an existing typeface. Got that from Andy when I was grilling him about it at NAMM.

Bermuda

This, and to me it reads less 80s and more late 90s/early 00s. Like they're selling skater apparel, not cymbals.

Sabian was not clear in communicating if the new logo will be used on all lines or just AAX. Has anyone found a video or otherwise where they clearly state their intention? I was wondering about this regarding the Paragon and Artisan lines.

I don't care either way. I will still buy Sabian.

I just found out they no longer offer the service to thin out existing cymbals either. They still clean and rest amp, but no modifications outside of the custom shop. This is a major bummer for those of us who never have any inventory to try and match/complement a set of cymbals together.

It was one of the main drivers for me chasing Sabian over the competition. I knew I could make something work, even with no inventory to hear something beforehand. I now have two cymbals I can't use from them, so no point in keeping it Sabian for me.

Sabian was not clear in communicating if the new logo will be used on all lines or just AAX. Has anyone found a video or otherwise where they clearly state their intention? I was wondering about this regarding the Paragon and Artisan lines.

Yes, there's photos from NAMM of AA and FRX with the new logo.

I just found out they no longer offer the service to thin out existing cymbals either. They still clean and rest amp, but no modifications outside of the custom shop. This is a major bummer for those of us who never have any inventory to try and match/complement a set of cymbals together.

It was one of the main drivers for me chasing Sabian over the competition. I knew I could make something work, even with no inventory to hear something beforehand. I now have two cymbals I can't use from them, so no point in keeping it Sabian for me.

Will they still do special orders, like a different size of a production cymbal?

That's what I've been unclear about also.

I guess something edgy is suited for the AA, AAX or maybe even the HHX line but not so much for the HH lines as that's marketed as the legacy/traditional range somewhat.

Personally I really like the small HH stamp on the remastered range and not much else and I hope that stays the same...as that's the line I tend to buy from.

The logo won't change my high view of their cymbals as they sound. Been a Sabian guy for 20 years and that won't change, I'm just not a fan of it.

Interesting about the thinning service. I recently had them thin out my Bash Ride to the thinnest spec possible last year in late November. As part of the refresh program it cost just $40 and they ship back free.
Wonder why they've decided to cut out this service suddenly?

Will they still do special orders, like a different size of a production cymbal?

I didn’t ask about that, but assuming they all now all fall under custom shop. I like tge custom shop idea, but how do I tell them I want the cymbal I have, just lower or darker. Since there’s so much inconsistency across the lines, I’m not sure how that would work. What if the custom shop cymbal didn’t turn out as expected? That’s what I would assume would happen, unless you were actually sitting with them as pro drummers do. I really wish they would have kept the service. That service was top notch.

It's failing badly. Peavey no longer has the most butt-ugly logo out there lol.
There are even Facebook pages dedicated to satirizing the logo.

People more eloquent than I have said their piece, so I won't go into specifics.

Some might say that no publicity is bad publicity, but think about it: the attention is all on the tone-deaf ad campaign and yucky logo and not the cymbals.

I can't imagine them trying to force this issue. They have nothing to gain at this point. Best they run for higher ground.

I definitely want to play their new cymbals, but that logo is a non-starter and will be removed either by the store or by me, should I pick new ones up.

They're rubbing people the wrong way and should reconsider.

Dan

Back