Sabian's New Logo

I remember in the early 2000s, Premier drums were still doing well. They had good-looking, nice-sounding drums, and I saw them everywhere. Then they changed their distinctive hemispherical lugs to these really large, ugly, flat-sided lugs that to me was a major turnoff. Then POOF! They magically disappeared, seemingly into thin air. I don't know if those lugs were to blame (I'm sure there were other factors involved), but that's one helluva coincidence if not.

Oh yeah! I totally remember that. Yeah you really don't hear from them much at all anymore, at least in the States. Maybe in the UK, but I don't know of any Premier retailers around anymore.

I am very glad that I have all of the cymbals I want or need. I am not sure I could make myself buy a cymbal with that new logo. Peace and goodwill.

I never was and never will be a Sabian guy, but besides that, to me their logo always looked very 'dull' and 'dusty' and 'boring'..

This new one has a much more 'fresh' look in my opinion..

And, without wanting to be rude, given the fact that the avarage age on this forum seems to be not very young, i can perfectly imagine that this new logo appeals way more to people between lets say age 15-30 than that old one..

I love Sabian, and I do not care more about the new logo than the old one.

In my opinion, this is all a very small storm in a tea cup.

It is a logo.

Sabian: "Folks, we have a problem. We are losing more and more customers to Meinl. I wonder what they see in Meinls, do they really sound so much better? All I know is they have an ugly logo."
Advertising agency: "We know what you need. An even uglier logo."
Sabian: "Uh, OK, if you think so..."

:-D

Hahaha! Now that's funny.

If you can imagine the "BI" were replaced with a "T" it starts to look right. I can't unsee it now.

Hahaha! Now that's funny.

If you can imagine the "BI" were replaced with a "T" it starts to look right. I can't unsee it now.

That's just wrong! LOL

Too bad we got our posts deleted. I was enjoying the argument. Honestly, I just don't own any Sabian cymbals! So I just don't matter. . . .boo hoo.

That's just wrong! LOL

Too bad we got our posts deleted. I was enjoying the argument. Honestly, I just don't own any Sabian cymbals! So I just don't matter. . . .boo hoo.

Yeah I thought I was within the rules with my deleted post, but went back and re-read the forum rules and in fact I was not. I'm glad someone saw it. I thought long and hard to come up with a (rule breaking) comparison. It was not my intention to break the rules or offend anyone if that was the case.

Font Angst! So much winning.

Meh, it doesn't bother me much. I could live without the "unbound" addition. The whole 'find your own sound" marketing angle is cliche.

Will they still do special orders, like a different size of a production cymbal?

They do have the custom shop that will refurbish the cymbal and apply a new logo. If you were hoping for the smaller, early 90's logo you're probably out of luck. The stamp material hasn't survived that well. They also don't do custom B8 alloy cymbals.

Reminds me when another company changed logos. WWF attitude. SABIAN ATTITUDE.

Attachments

• 65a8f7689448d59c0062900737707a04cf810926-1.jpg
    65a8f7689448d59c0062900737707a04cf810926-1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 300
They do have the custom shop that will refurbish the cymbal and apply a new logo. If you were hoping for the smaller, early 90's logo you're probably out of luck. The stamp material hasn't survived that well. They also don't do custom B8 alloy cymbals.

No I mean will they still do a different size of a regular cymbal, not a new custom one? I want to get a 22" Stadium Ride.

Yeah I thought I was within the rules with my deleted post, but went back and re-read the forum rules and in fact I was not. I'm glad someone saw it. I thought long and hard to come up with a (rule breaking) comparison. It was not my intention to break the rules or offend anyone if that was the case.

I've ALWAYS used offensive language. My father spoke that way, I speak that way. I have to watch my mouth on these forums! We weren't horrible, cursing and whatnot.

Portsmouth said they will ship you a Sabian without the Logo if you wish for them to remove it before shipping, case closed!

It *does* look better on the cymbal - especially without the "Unbound" - but I'd like it much better if it were about 50% of that size, no larger than the AAX marking.

Not Sabian's new logo, but I'm kinda digging the new PDP logo. Saw it on a couple new PDP kits when I was at GC today.

Attachments

• PDP-PDLT2215BO.jpg
    PDP-PDLT2215BO.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 291
Back