Paiste pst 5s, Meinl gen x or Zildjian zhts

atxjess

I just started drumming and just dont know that much about cymbals but these all look for good my price range since they come in box sets also i like the free stuff so paiste pst 5s meinl gen x or zildjian zhts?

Id go for the pst5s theyre fantastic budget cymbals. The Gen Xs arent really standard cymbals, theyre more effects cymbals. The pst5s imo are more of a quality product than the ZHTs so id go for them.

yeah completely agreeing with sandman there.
the PST5s are so much more value for the money. the zhts are not bad, but still they arent worth the money.
if i were you, i would look into XS20s by sabian. they are beginner-intermediate type of cymbals. much better than PST5s or ZHTs. all u need to do is add a few more bucks.

yeah the xs20s are pretty good but theres not much of a selection, the paiste alphas are another one to look out for. when i was looking for a ride i was gonna go for one of the alphas, but i decided to go second hand instead. If you look on ebay you can get stuff half the price of new you could end up getting a high quality set of professional cymbals for the price of new begginer mid range cymbals

you can also get beginner level cymbals for dirt cheap too. i sometimes see sets going for less than half the price of new.

Even though I am playing more B20 and 2002 cymbals now, my old PST5 Medium Crash is still unmatched.

I love that thing.

Yes

Which is why I said 2002 instead of just saying b20

But I also said 2002 because apparantly Paiste makes special alloy for 2002 cymbals.

Yes

Which is why I said 2002 instead of just saying b20

But I also said 2002 because apparantly Paiste makes special alloy for 2002 cymbals.

Paiste doesn't make their own alloy. You should know this, being a paiste-holic and all. Just clean, good B8 is what they use.

Really? I thought they used their own. I always read there CuSn8 Bronze and thought it might be different. Everyone else just calls it B8.

I think that 2002 and PTS5 are the same alloy but the 2002's are made by hand and in switz. Which is what makes the prices different. I think anyways.

Really? I thought they used their own. I always read there CuSn8 Bronze and thought it might be different. Everyone else just calls it B8.

I think that 2002 and PTS5 are the same alloy but the 2002's are made by hand and in switz. Which is what makes the prices different. I think anyways.

CuSn8 is the formula, B8 is the popular name (Bronze 8).

THe PST5's are, as you say, machine made in Germany. The 2002's are Swizz-made and are machine hammered mainly, and hand hammering occures to correct the machine hammering. This is not the same machine-hammering (or computer-hammering) that Zildjian uses. Paiste uses a pheumatic (sp.?) hammer, which means a person contolls the speed of the hamer hits and how hard the blows are. The guy who hammers the cymbal also spins it around so the hammering will cover the whole cymbal. There are some great videos on youtube, hosted by Nicko McBrain, check 'em out

CuSn8 is the formula, B8 is the popular name (Bronze 8).

THe PST5's are, as you say, machine made in Germany. The 2002's are Swizz-made and are machine hammered mainly, and hand hammering occures to correct the machine hammering. This is not the same machine-hammering (or computer-hammering) that Zildjian uses. Paiste uses a pheumatic (sp.?) hammer, which means a person contolls the speed of the hamer hits and how hard the blows are. The guy who hammers the cymbal also spins it around so the hammering will cover the whole cymbal. There are some great videos on youtube, hosted by Nicko McBrain, check 'em out

I watched those vids the other day. Awesome stuff. I espicially liked how Nicko would say hi to everyone and they would have these confused looks on their faces.....

Anyways, I didnt know Paiste did it differently. I guess thats why I could never get into Zildjian or Sabian.

I'll just be kickin it Swiss style

Yeah it the techniques that go in to making the cymbals that makes the difference.just because Sabian B8s and 2002s are the same metal doesnt mean they are the same thing.

Back