Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

That's the first time I can recall hearing the Meinl Byzance series played in that kind of musical context, and they fit beautifully--I have to admit, I wouldn't have thought they would, but they surely do.

I agree! :D

With the guitar, organ, and often harmonica, there are a lot of frequencies at work. The Byzance series cymbals sit in the right range.

This is my Alesis Surge. Please excuse the green screen. I've been working from home since March 2020 and my Den doubles as my home office. I only put the screen up to hide my office space for this pic.alesis surge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the best pic... but tried something different today and scaled down. Only to realize after a hour that I'm putting everything back the next rehearsal hehe. Story of my life though: i scale down, but eventually get everything back in. But this does force me to readjust the setup and really spent some time getting it right next time. Anyway, here's the pic!

2021-06-25 14.55.47.jpg

Last edited:
From a great gig at a winery on the California central coast yesterday. Pretty place with lots of pretty people in attendance. Snare and brushes only. Can’t think of a drum I’d rather have for that job than the early-80’s hammered bronze. So choice.

692CB700-D479-4395-B601-4E64357C5B55.jpeg

Back