Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

oh yawn... I'd hit that all night long.

Questions:
What's on the snare drum?
What make & model is that scottish bass drum muffler?

Definitely a blast to play this rig! I meant boring more like a little old lady showing off her cats for the 3 billionth time. I feel like I basically post the same shit, just a different day/venue. 🤪😵‍💫

The muffling device on the snare is from Big Fat Snare Drum. Basically the equivalent of a tea towel. It has a neat little tab with a magnet on it. Very convenient and nails that sound, which I use frequently in the music I’m playing.

The tartan thingy is an old wool stadium blanket made by Troy Mills in NH. It’s approximately 60-70 years old and was given to me by the lovely lady in my life, Maria. Nice adjustable muffling with sentimental value. Win/win.

I meant boring more like a little old lady showing off her cats for the 3 billionth time. I feel like I basically post the same shit, just a different day/venue.
I get that. Lighting helps break that repetitive look, but it's not easy when you're at a gig. I try to wait until things are underway and the venue lights are up. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

IMG_6327.jpg

wedding.JPG

IMG_8401.jpg

Here's a single LED work light on my kit, and a wide angle lens:

17mm on kit copy.jpg

Another gig, another pic of what has become my go to rig for most everything now. @cbphoto, I took your advice and tried something different for this pic. The setting helped and I think it turned out pretty good.

View attachment 116788

I'm not entirely awake apparently; i accidentally hit the 'report' button instead of 'reply' :ROFLMAO: (no worries, didn't report it hehe)

Those are Giant Beats you have there, right? They look stunning is the sunlight in this pic, beautiful!

I'm not entirely awake apparently; i accidentally hit the 'report' button instead of 'reply' :ROFLMAO: (no worries, didn't report it hehe)

Those are Giant Beats you have there, right? They look stunning is the sunlight in this pic, beautiful!

Thanks, @iCe! You are correct... those are Giant Beats. I have a full set of them but for the last couple of months have been using hats and one cymbal only for every gig. These are the 16" hats and a 22" Multi. I usually use that combo for outdoor or larger venue gigs. For smaller venues I've been using 15" hats and a 20" Multi.

Reactions: iCe
Another gig, another pic of what has become my go to rig for most everything now. @cbphoto, I took your advice and tried something different for this pic. The setting helped and I think it turned out pretty good.
That snare drum is lookin' sharp!

I covet your 16" hats. The only pair I have are PST-X (and I love 'em).

Love your awesome Rogers setup and photo page! Noticed that two of your cymbals have rivets; can you explain please?

Thanks!! @SomeBadDrummer
Thanks!
Short answer: Rivets add sizzle.
Longer answer: Rivets add sizzle, and can be used to alter the response of the cymbal. For example they make my china on the far right, which is quite stiff, open up more at low dynamics. Since that pic I've added a few more rivets to my ride, which has tightened up the stick definition towards the bell, as well as added to the wash when I'm playing closer to the edge. I also have 4 rivets in the bottom of my favourite set of hihats (16" light top/heavy bottom 50's A Zildjian), which really smooth out the half-open sound and makes it more, well, "sizzly".
Bottom line: Rivets are fun, and a nice, inexpensive way to get different textures out of your cymbal setup.

Totally rethought my drum set, simply because in all the time I've owned my drums I've never set it all up to play. Brought out the 22" Yamaha I had set aside because a 20" BD was easier for me to learn with, and omg does Yamaha know how to build a bass drum.
Another reason to reset everything was isolation, having everything on it's own stand was a goal, and while the smaller toms share a stand everything else is on it's own. I definitely hear a subtle difference, especially with cymbals no longer affecting toms or bass drum. It's also my first go at a traditional two up two down setup, and I like it not a little.
IMG-0466.jpg

switched up my cymbal set up.

BF9162C7-EAB3-420E-9D1D-90B1786DE931.jpeg4812E842-17A8-4BE4-88A3-B82DACC6A30E.jpeg

View attachment 118043
The 16" FT that I "needed" is in place and tuned to thunderous glory.
A 16" low tom is indeed a thing of wonder, definitely an attention grabber. :D When i finally tuned mine "properly" it was a real eye opener, how much sound comes out of that drum.

also, mad props for the use of the ladder.

A 16" low tom is indeed a thing of wonder, definitely an attention grabber. :D When i finally tuned mine "properly" it was a real eye opener, how much sound comes out of that drum.

also, mad props for the use of the ladder.
Thank you!
It was the only way I could get everything in the pic. My set is kinda spread due to my orangutan arms.

Back