Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Rock Salad

Rock Salad, how do you like singing into the beta 56? Also, what mic stand are you using for it? Thanks!
I do like it. It is more directional than the Sm57 I was using which was more proximal, ie I don't have to get as close to it or sing as loudly. It's just a cheap-o three legged boom stand.

iCe

Silver Member
Time to spam again :sneaky:

Yesterday was the first session with the new addition: 18" K Dark Thin Crash. It fits in perfectly with the other 2 crashes (18" K Custom Dark Crash and 19" K Dark Thin Crash). The K Custom was my main crash, but moved it to the right. Wanted a darker sounding main crash ánd this way i can go down/up in pitch with a simple RLR or LRL on the 3 crashes.

Because of the extra crash i had to move around the ride and crashes to find a sweet spot to hit the bell of the ride. Will fine tune it, but now i can hit both cymbals without hitting the other. Also realised that I'm going more and more towards Mike Portnoy's Purple Monster setup hehe

2021-12-10 16.04.04.jpg

force3005

Silver Member
Had a corporate Christmas party hit tonight. Mostly the usual suspects… DW, hammered bronze Ludwig snare and Paiste Traditionals. I found a matching 12” tom to go with the other DW drums that made its debut tonight. Worked out really nice. Christmas tunes and our usual mix of soul and americana stuff.

View attachment 111614

Very nice venue setting. Who is the manufacturer of your throne?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
had our annual Ugly Sweater Christmas gig at Combustion Brewery (in downtown Pickerington OH) tonight. Always a great time

the 55 Ludwig all gussied up
comb1.jpg

cool place to play
comb3.jpg

and the obligatory POV pic
ccomb4.jpg

wraub

Gold Member
IMG-0208.jpg

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Did some minor changes to the little Sonor AQ2 safari set I bought. Added a 14” floor time, a Meinl Jazz extra thin crash, an SM7B to the snare. And made this Summit Drums steambent solid Walnut snare a permanent Aux snare!

FC9AE1F9-F5F0-4BCE-B698-E73ECD20BD74.jpegA9CE1005-581E-4477-A710-16FDB6AB0EB4.jpeg

someguy01

Platinum Member

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Are those the Greb crasher hats on the kick or is it just a splash?
It’s a 10” extra dry splash, a Meinl Ching ring just bouncing between the hats and the a 10” trash splash as the bottom hats.

They don’t close perfectly bc bell’s aren’t tall enough but they give a cool sound

BGDurham

I was using my old B8s to experiment with where I might place a splash (between the toms) and a stacker (over the ride) and thought I came to a final arrangement (see the first two pics), but THEN I watched Jim Riley's "Drumset ergonomics" video. I moved the toms one spot to the left (from the player's perspective) to center them over the snare (used an extra snare stand to hold the 12" tom). I know several drummers here set up this way but it's a first for me. Kind of weird, but kind of cool. I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

1641684222233.jpeg

1641684261054.jpeg

1641684347308.jpeg

1641684377105.jpeg

force3005

Silver Member
I was using my old B8s to experiment with where I might place a splash (between the toms) and a stacker (over the ride) and thought I came to a final arrangement (see the first two pics), but THEN I watched Jim Riley's "Drumset ergonomics" video. I moved the toms one spot to the left (from the player's perspective) to center them over the snare (used an extra snare stand to hold the 12" tom). I know several drummers here set up this way but it's a first for me. Kind of weird, but kind of cool. I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

View attachment 112448

View attachment 112449

View attachment 112450

View attachment 112451

Watch your right should and warm it up before playing. If you are playing fast between your right or left mounted tom and floor your shoulder might get strained. Nice kit.

BGDurham

Watch your right should and warm it up before playing. If you are playing fast between your right or left mounted tom and floor your shoulder might get strained. Nice kit.
That was always my concern with this set-up, the distance between toms 2 and 3. I'll definitely ease into it. Thx!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

View attachment 112448

View attachment 112449

View attachment 112450

View attachment 112451

After watching the Neil Peart A Work In Progress video, and his take on setting up ergonomically, I shifted to this set up 15 years ago and have really never looked back. It took me a minute to get over the bass drum being "off to the side" of the set up, but now, I ccan't imagine it being anywhere else