Hot Take on Black Friday Drum Shop Sales

Neal Pert

Silver Member
First Email: BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING!!!! OUR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Second Email: BLACK FRIDAY IS HERE!!! CHECK OUT OUR INCREDIBLE 4% DISCOUNT ON THE STUFF WE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SELL ALL YEAR!

ALL REMO 11" DRUM HEADS 2% OFF!

DISCONTINUED MAPEX CYMBAL FELTS BUY 60 GET ONE FREE!

ALL SABIAN UNBOUND CHILD SIZED HEADBANDS AND 4XL SLEEVELESS VELOUR HOODIES 9% OFF IN-STORE ONLY!

ALL SUNLITE SNARE DRUMS MARKED UP 15% AND THEN MARKED DOWN 16%!

Any other good deals you guys have seen?

Hoodies!

filter/Tamburo
Give the Italians some love!

Gretsch Copper USA snare $779!

Last edited:
First Email: BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING!!!! OUR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Second Email: BLACK FRIDAY IS HERE!!! CHECK OUT OUR INCREDIBLE 4% DISCOUNT ON THE STUFF WE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SELL ALL YEAR!

ALL REMO 11" DRUM HEADS 2% OFF!

DISCONTINUED MAPEX CYMBAL FELTS BUY 60 GET ONE FREE!

ALL SABIAN UNBOUND CHILD SIZED HEADBANDS AND 4XL SLEEVELESS VELOUR HOODIES 9% OFF IN-STORE ONLY!

ALL SUNLITE SNARE DRUMS MARKED UP 15% AND THEN MARKED DOWN 16%!

Any other good deals you guys have seen?

That is hilarious!

I love the "deals" that go like this:

1) Regular price for cymbal X is $400 right?

2) Then the black friday sale hits and then THIS.....

3) CYMBAL X ON SPECIAL FROM $600000000000 TO $350!!!!!

COME IN AND GET A REAL BAAAAAARGAIN!!!!

WHOOOOAHH DUUUUDES.....

Seriously, they must think we are a bunch of total tools.

Random store: LIMITED TIME ONLY! 50% OFF ALL 23" KICK DRUM HEADS!

DW Owners:
Car Driving Fast GIF

Last edited:
I’ve had a ton of emails but I’m pleased.

Managed to snag a Shure SM57 for my snare and Audix D6 mic for my bass drum, plus a couple of Behringer C2 overheads - all with money off the usual prices.

Saved myself some pennies so this Black Friday has been a success for drum/recording reasons.

Now to think of Christmas 😬😳

I’ve had a ton of emails but I’m pleased.

Managed to snag a Shure SM57 for my snare and Audix D6 mic for my bass drum, plus a couple of Behringer C2 overheads - all with money off the usual prices.

Saved myself some pennies so this Black Friday has been a success for drum/recording reasons.

Now to think of Christmas 😬😳

I've been REALLY impressed with my C2's as overheads. Idk how roadworthy they will be over time, but I'm really liking them. The 57 and the D6 are super-solid choices as well. Good move!

I've been REALLY impressed with my C2's as overheads. Idk how roadworthy they will be over time, but I'm really liking them. The 57 and the D6 are super-solid choices as well. Good move!
Thank you!

I did a ton of research and bided my time (I never rush into any purchases) so I’m pleased I managed to get some money off all the mics I wanted.

Looking forward to getting them and trying them out. Thankfully the C2’s come with a hard case but at that price I couldn’t pass them up, even if I eventually have to replace them.

Thank you!

I did a ton of research and bided my time (I never rush into any purchases) so I’m pleased I managed to get some money off all the mics I wanted.

Looking forward to getting them and trying them out. Thankfully the C2’s come with a hard case but at that price I couldn’t pass them up, even if I eventually have to replace them.

Mine came with a hard case, stereo bar, windscreens and mic clips. I bought them to record acoustic instruments (acoustic guitar and hammered dulcimer), and they were incredible.

Random store: LIMITED TIME ONLY! 50% OFF ALL 25" KICK DRUM HEADS!

DW Owners:
Car Driving Fast GIF
I thought the same thing about 23" bass drum heads.

Almost forgot; I'll probably get a call tomorrow from my Sweatwater "sales engineer" asking me how the bass drum felt strips I ordered are working out. :unsure:

Mine came with a hard case, stereo bar, windscreens and mic clips. I bought them to record acoustic instruments (acoustic guitar and hammered dulcimer), and they were incredible.
Fantastic, can’t wait to give it a run out! Glad you like them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
To those of you who were lucky to buy brand new items that you really needed at a discount - congratulations.

I am on the mailing list of all major online stores and two independent drum shops. I have been bombarded by Black Friday sale emails.
Last year on this forum I asked when is a good time to buy brand new drum equipment at a discount. Someone replied Black Friday.
I have not seen any deals on items such as mid-range or expensive drum sets and snares so far.

The only shop that has offered a good deal on a mid-range item is one independent drum shop that is selling "TAMA S.L.P. Vintage Hammered Steel Snare" for $338. I am not a TAMA expert, so I do not know if that is a really good deal or not. Having said all this, it looks like this is just the nature of the music equipment retail business for brand new items.

It looks to me that in order to get a really good deal, one must just keep looking for a reasonable offer in the used market. I saw a TAMA steel snare, a Pearl Brass Piccolo snare, and a Gretsch Catalina Club drum set on the Facebook Marketplace last month that were priced right and they were all gone in 10 days max.

While supplies last?..how come I'm always behind the guy that bought the last one. I NEVER have any luck. 😠
Because the early bird gets the worm!

For most of the big shops, it's their big opportunity to push more beginner gear (Rogue drumsets, B8 cymbals, Sound Percussion cymbal stand 2 packs). Those are the big sellers year-round. I don't rely on Black Friday for this sort of discount.

For most of the big shops, it's their big opportunity to push more beginner gear (Rogue drumsets, B8 cymbals, Sound Percussion cymbal stand 2 packs). Those are the big sellers year-round. I don't rely on Black Friday for this sort of discount.

When it comes to brand new drum sets, that is exactly what I am also seeing on the Black Friday promotions. Here are two examples:
Mapex Mars 5-Piece Crossover Shell Pack - 22″ Bass Drum
$429.00 Was $499.95

Ludwig BackBeat Complete 5-Piece Drum Set With Hardware and Cymbals Black Sparkle
$349.00 was $519.00

I thought the same thing about 23" bass drum heads.

Almost forgot; I'll probably get a call tomorrow from my Sweatwater "sales engineer" asking me how the bass drum felt strips I ordered are working out. :unsure:

YES! I meant to type 23" drum heads, so I went back and changed my post. :)

I appreciate their customer service, but it is a little funny when they call you and are like, "How's that guitar strap working out for you?" I'm like, "Ummmm....great!"

YES! I meant to type 23" drum heads, so I went back and changed my post. :)

I appreciate their customer service, but it is a little funny when they call you and are like, "How's that guitar strap working out for you?" I'm like, "Ummmm....great!"
Speaking of changing your post, I used to be able to do that...now I can't do that anymore. I don't see the word "edit" anymore unless you change it within the next 5 minutes that you posted it. I used to be able to go back a day before and edit my post.

If you're able to change your post without the word "edit" please let me know because I used to do use that feature all the time. Now that I think of it you can't even delete the post.

Back