Greyson Nekrutman

ST has a history of absolutely monster technical drummers, including ones with jazz or gospel backgrounds. I’m not at all surprised by the jazz connection with this new guy.

This kid is scary good. I think Buddy would approve. He does the ST gig for the money, I'm sure.
I wonder if it pays that great, though. A lot of folks come and go out of that band, and most of them leave for better offers. Seems to be more of a proving ground gig to me. And I think because he seems to really enjoy playing hard rock and metal, that he wouldn’t be doing it just for the money.

But as always I could be wrong.

I wonder if it pays that great, though. A lot of folks come and go out of that band, and most of them leave for better offers. Seems to be more of a proving ground gig to me. And I think because he seems to really enjoy playing hard rock and metal, that he wouldn’t be doing it just for the money.

But as always I could be wrong.

I don’t think you’re wrong Jimmy . I’m sure it’s not an enormous amount but they’ve got a good following and sell out their shows so I’m sure it’s at least decent . Mostly on Instagram and YouTube before hand and was noticed and made some connections and ended up with St. Its for and definitely gets him exposure for future stuff and offers and I believe , from interviews and seeing him play other genres, that he genuinely enjoys it although a lot of his early to present training was/is in jazz . But he’s put in the hours on a lot of what he does with his playing .
Seems to be a nice kid and definitely a superb player . I wish him well . And …..
He’s from my area in NY 🙌🏼. Good to see a local boy make good ! Well any hard working drummer as well for that matter !
I’ll be watching to see what’s in store and comes his way .
You can find a lot of his stuff ( jazz, rock, and metal) on YouTube and Instagram .

When I 1st became aware of him, I was impressed by how much he sounded like Buddy. But at the same time, I felt sounding like Buddy was pointless. Impressive to accomplish, sure, but musically, who cares?

But then he started branching out, or at least I became aware of him branching out, into a variety of rock and hard rock styles, all while retaining his impressive skills.

Now I admit I've become a bit of a fan. I now find myself curious as to what he will do next.

Apparently he joined Sepultura. Gonna be touring with them now.

Back