Gear you wished existed...

What is needed is a brightly lit, private walkway so that I can load in and load out without having to say “Excuse me“ a few dozen times just to get from my truck to the stage. And no more parking garages three blocks away for band members. I want my own dedicated parking slot, right next to the back door entrance ‘cuz I’m always first in, last out.

Last edited:
Currently wishing there was a 5A timbale stick. More recently. I like the sound I get from playing with the stick "upside down" but holding the tapered end can be precarious sometimes. Wish there was a timbale type stick with a 5A diameter. All the ones I've seen are real thin

A 20" bass drum that somehow sounds like a 24 or 26", so you can have the booooom without takin' up the rooooom. :LOL:

Here's another simple one:

A "variety pack" of pedal springs. All of the aftermarket springs available all seem to be about the same size and tension. I wish someone would offer a variety of springs, long, short, tight and not so tight, so you can change up your feel. Also, some pedals stock springs just aren't great. I prefer a medium tight pedal, and sometimes I can't get the spring to go tight enough, even if it's maxed out (spring is too large). Other times, it's hard to find that sweet spot where it feels to loose and sloppy, but then just a tiny bit more tension makes it overly tight and stiff. I've had several pedals come to life after simply replacing the spring. Different pedal manufacturers have different tolerances as far as how far the cam (Top of the spring hooks onto) is away from the spring tension adjuster post/screw. Some springs just can't get you the feel you want. I would really like to see this happen.

A "variety pack" of pedal springs.
This just gave me an idea.

Anyone remember Solo Flex? They used resistance bands instead of weights. There is a hole on either end that fits over a peg.
61pmYoqHSjL._AC_SS450_.jpg

If we dumped the perch at the bottom and replaced it with a peg, one could easily change the tension in seconds by removing one band and installing another.

I'm not a fan of pedal springs. They are a pain to remove, even worse to install, and I need to hire a leprechaun to adjust them.

I wished Zildjian made more bigger cymbals.
Like more 20"+ cymbals, especially 22" & 24"

Back