Gear you wished existed...

Ransan

This is not a lament or hankering for low sock or low boys, but making hi hat stands with lofty lightning rod conductors, seriously...

I wish there could be smaller shafted hi hat rods from each manufacturer specifically from Pearl.
I know (cough cough) Tama makes one that has interchangeable shaft for smaller tighter configuration.

I hate seeing another foot of electrical conduit stemming from my hats what the hell am I supposed to do with that - not every one plays like Dave Grohl with hi hats over head...

jimb

Yep a full size version of my Gen Z practise cymbals....If they could scale up that crystalline sweetness theyd destroy all other cymbal companies overnight.

Fritz Frigursson

I'd like heads somewhere between mesh heads (SilentStrokes) and standard heads volume-wise, Silent Strokes don't do it for me and I don't have practice space that allows for extended full volume practice. I bought a Roland TD25 because of this, but I'd prefer to use my actual kit.

Does the EAD10 work with mesh heads?
you could put a towel over acoustic drums, it's quieter but not as quiet as mesh heads.

Also I wouldn't advise using mesh heads with the EAD; people say it doesn't really work. Especially with the cymbals.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This is not a lament or hankering for low sock or low boys, but making hi hat stands with lofty lightning rod conductors, seriously...

I wish there could be smaller shafted hi hat rods from each manufacturer specifically from Pearl.
I know (cough cough) Tama makes one that has interchangeable shaft for smaller tighter configuration.

I hate seeing another foot of electrical conduit stemming from my hats what the hell am I supposed to do with that - not every one plays like Dave Grohl with hi hats over head...
An acoustic sawzall will take care of that for you:

71iuNFAl6PL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Also I wouldn't advise using mesh heads with the EAD; people say it doesn't really work. Especially with the cymbals.

It doesn't. I have those RTOM pads and the EAD can barely hear them.
They work great for running ultra quiet & you can take them off when it's gig time!

Fritz Frigursson

It doesn't. I have those RTOM pads and the EAD can barely hear them.
They work great for running ultra quiet & you can take them off when it's gig time!
well there you go. I love the concept of the EAD but we shouldn't consider it a sound module for an Edrum.

organworthyplayer337

That was a pet peeve of mine as well. I ended up getting a shorter pull rod by DW that was only 15" total (including the part that goes into the tubing). Fit right into my Pearl stand! It worked for me because I keep my hats pretty close together anyway (clutch-wise) but there's enough room for reasonable space between hats.

Last edited:

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Remote volume control for guitar amps, shhh.

Oh that would be so good to have. It would be even better if it controlled the volume on the juke box too.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I wish there was a way to just wheel my drums out, along with my IEM set-up, and Roland SPD-SX, where my set-up time was minimal. I've considered all kinds of stuff to get it set up, but it just takes a long time.

BruceW

I wish there was a way to just wheel my drums out, along with my IEM set-up, and Roland SPD-SX, where my set-up time was minimal. I've considered all kinds of stuff to get it set up, but it just takes a long time.

Everything I consider adding to my kit has me calculating how much more time its gonna add to set-up and tear-down, almost as much as the costs involved. Sad...

someguy01

*note to self, custom length offering made to order

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Electro-magnetically tuned drum heads controllable by an app on my phone.

I really think these will be a thing in a hundred years