Eloy out from Sepultura

On a related note, Sepultura is replacing Casagrande with YouTube Wunderkinder Greyson Nekrutman (age 21).

So happy to see Greyson have so much success in the last year or so. He seems like a legitimately humble dude who works insanely hard at his craft.

Oooo, Son of Vistalite Black just noticed the Sepultura tour starts this Friday in Brazil. Going to be a busy week for young Greyson!

BTW killer line-up with Jinjer and Obituary opening.

Oooo, Son of Vistalite Black just noticed the Sepultura tour starts this Friday in Brazil. Going to be a busy week for young Greyson!

BTW killer line-up with Jinjer and Obituary opening.

Jinjer is the band I'd want to go see (again)!

I saw Jason in Drumeo and he was struggling with simple double bass patterns... well hopefully he does well here.

I saw Jason in Drumeo and he was struggling with simple double bass patterns... well hopefully he does well here.
Greyson? Yeah don't get me wrong he's a bit of a beast but theres noticible holes in his playing. No shade to the guy cause he's so young and still super impressive but he'll need to step up massively to fill in Eloy's shoes.

Greyson? Yeah don't get me wrong he's a bit of a beast but theres noticible holes in his playing. No shade to the guy cause he's so young and still super impressive but he'll need to step up massively to fill in Eloy's shoes.
I am not impressed by Eloy's playing I mean he is good but not great. I think what impresses everyone the most is how hard he hits which is completely unnecessary and a complete waste of energy (so that doesn't impress me at all). As far as chops he does have them. Definitely a more accomplished drummer than Jason at this point. To me that sounds almost like an Aprils Fools joke but hey, if Sepultura wants him then he might be able to do the job...

I am not impressed by Eloy's playing I mean he is good but not great. I think what impresses everyone the most is how hard he hits which is completely unnecessary and a complete waste of energy (so that doesn't impress me at all). As far as chops he does have them. Definitely a more accomplished drummer than Jason at this point. To me that sounds almost like an Aprils Fools joke but hey, if Sepultura wants him then he might be able to do the job...
What impressed me was how he had virtuoso-level skills and four way independence when he was like 12 years old:

What impressed me was how he had virtuoso-level skills and four way independence when he was like 12 years old:

I will have to agree with you on that, but look at Caleb, he was playing already at 6 years old, he is 8 on this video probably closer to 9 now but he is already showing that he is capable of playing things that a lot of people can't play even after playing their entire life let alone just 3 years..
That all has to do with having parents that support what you do and have the means to do that.

I would be a much better drummer now if I had a kit like that and a dedicated practice room and no major responsibilities other than... preschool so basically all the time in the world to practice..
(That's when the luck part comes in, he was lucky enough to be born in that environment, most others are not and they like me have to find their own path without any help).

Back