Eloy out from Sepultura

Some people hit hard. Some don't. Some just talk on the internet about playing.
Some people play in bands. Some don't. Some get paid to play. Some don't. Not everybody can get along with people enough to be in a band.

I value the opinions of pros more often than not. By a lot.

On a related note, Sepultura is replacing Casagrande with YouTube Wunderkinder Greyson Nekrutman (age 21).

On another note: it's Wunderkind in the singular, kinder is the German plural form :cool:.

Back to topic: I for myself am very impressed by Eloy's playing, I think his blend of power, precision, technique, dedication, taste, and knowledge (Brazilian music and Brazilian drumming) is phenomenal.
Slipknot? Not a fan at all, I really hope they'll treat him with respect.

We're playing 1 set of stuff I know now so to rehearsal I took a Signia Maple 7" snare with a slightly cranked Remo Powerstroke clear, no dot head. Lol, I didn't tell them but the bass player said his ears were ringing more than usual after practice. We started with War Pigs. From the first measure his eyes bugged and his ears perked up. I told him what was up
Many, many years ago at one local gig I took my 13 inch Yamaha Musashi snare to play wi the the metal band I was in at the time. Sound check comes about and the sound engineer is there with the mic. Places it roughly where he wants it, walks back to the desk.

‘Can you give me a couple of hits whereistheone?’

‘Sure!’

BANG. BANG.

Sound engineer walks back up to the kit. Grabs the microphone.

‘I don’t think we’ll be needing that…’

Sound engineer walks back up to the kit. Grabs the microphone.

‘I don’t think we’ll be needing that…’
I played a gig at a local festival last year with my old band where we didn't have our own In-Ear rig and I got my IEM mix from the sound guy. As he had just recently purchased a new soundboard, he hadn't figured out its routing fully yet, so he accidentally put the drum bus that went to the main out onto my ears as well.

30 seconds into the first song I noticed that the snare completely disappeared in my In-Ears - reason was that it was loud enough to fill the 500pax room without any amplification so he just pulled the fader of the snare mic down - but not only on the main mix, but in my IEM mix as well because of his wrong bus routing.

Would just like to acknowledge that from the footage I’ve seen Greyson is absolutely smashing the Sepultura gig. He’s a “wow” drummer for sure… keep smashing it Greyson!!:)👏
Shame it's a short-lived gig for Greyson with them hanging up their hats after this farewell tour.

Back