Drums and the Significant Other

See I would never do this because the wedding is HER day. (Do guys fret over and look forward to their wedding day as if it was the best day in their life?)

I always thought the better part of playing drums is not to play them at my wedding. I'm not a fan of stealing her thunder on that particular day.
Uncle Larry this is a drum forum and not an outright down dressing ?

(I’m with you by the way)*

I married my drums in a secret ceremony back in 1988. Unfortunately my drums are extremely jealous and were responsible for multiple break ups before I met my wife! The drums gave their blessing, so I did the honourable thing... I bought another drum kit!! (y) ?
So...have you and your drums "consummated" the relationship? Play both kits at the same time? Is it poundingly playtonic?
Sorry...I'll behave

My GF just doesn't like the money part. She gets used to the fact that this stuff relaxes me and distracts me.
She was upset a couple years ago when I bought a Les Paul for $1000. I reluctantly told her how much at first, but then one week later, got a thousand dollar bonus at work that I didn't know was coming.
What timing!

Yes and no.

She gave me the entire basement to turn into drum room/ man cave.

She knows I’m passionate and always me to direct our extra funds to buying new gear.

However, I wish she wear earplugs and let me get in 2-3 hours of practice every day.

But being serious, we both encourage each other’s creative outlets. Hobby’s are healthy.

With a new baby on the way next month, we’ve lost an empty room so our down stairs is our hobby room.

I have my drums and gear collection, she has her cricut.

Bonus: the cricut can be used to make custom bass drum decals and stickers,

FUNNY...Just now..."Can you move this shelf over to here?"...I do, and say "COOL! I got room for a new amp!"
You can probably guess the look I got.

She loves me. And she knows how much I enjoy it and how much music is a part of me. Thus, why would she deny such an essential part of who I am, what makes me tick and brings me such joy? Vice versa on her hobbies and interests as well. Acceptance of someone for who they really are is one of the most wonderful things of love. Schmaltzy, I know.

I didn't always have or practice this awareness. It was hard earned.

With a new baby on the way next month, we’ve lost an empty room so our down stairs is our hobby room.

I have my drums and gear collection, she has her cricut.

Bonus: the cricut can be used to make custom bass drum decals and stickers,
I have had need for custom labels. I have six guitar cases (hard) all after market, gator and such, so I like to have logos on them for "quick grab" purposes. (All different guitar brands) Ovation, Ibanez, Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Yamaha.

Acquarian Super Pads are perfect for this.

Yea I have practice. And a little practice station I set with a throne, spare trick Big foot pedal , snare with pad and a bass drum practice pad.
Also have mutes for the real kit as well.

but something about playing loud that feels different. Nothing can duplicate it

I will be buying a electronic kit at some point tho

Back