Which forums have you stopped visiting/contributing?

Drummers are awesome.

iu

(This is my fav gif ever, i post it whenever i get the chance haha)

I’m also on a pen making forum. The people there are kind and helpful but almost formal. Not a lot of fun going on there, but we’re making antiquated writing tools so I guess that follows.
A forman at work makes custom pens. I don't know if "antiquated" or just cool but I'll ask him about that.
He's a cool guy. Plays keys and trumpet too.
And GREAT sense of humor!

Do you have a "catalogue" Mr. F. or do you just do it for hobby?
Folks say that my handwriting is "different".

I live here, and on Facebook. On FB, I keep up with friends from W.Va., and Baltimore, and staff from my working at the hospital. Many of the comments here, about other forums, reflect the problems of talking about politics, which is why it is frowned on here. Other forums that I used to visit, have been eliminated for various reasons. I do comment on the ABC News website if I see a topic of interest. I have been sent to my room a few times there. Again politics.

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but on just about every board I've been a member of at some point a member or two or more post to thank mods and others usually agree. This thread is no exception. What has happened, through political polarization, is that some members are savvy enough to weaponize thanking mods and putting Likes on mod posts and striking up PM relationships with mods or forging a report button Bromance to their advantage. And depending on the mod that strategy can work.

Another thing that really blisters my behind is when a mod attempts to excuse or mitigate any criticism of their moderation, whether in private or public (should be done privately) by pointing out they don't get paid. If you take on the responsibility then either make an attempt to do a good job or give the job to someone who will. I don't get paid to post, but I try to follow the rules. It's just the lamest excuse I can imagine for lousy effort.
I thanked the mods in my post and I meant it. There’s nothing for me to gain from showing my gratitude; I’m grateful for what they do? No weapons or ulterior motives here... :unsure:

I attempt to moderate the way most sports officials should officiate. The less seen the better. I appreciate, and I'm sure, Bernhard, Andy, and Jon feel the same way, the thanks we get from other members. All of us were members before we became mods, and try to empathize with other members when moderating. I may view the rules a bit more "black and white" than others but try to be fair and as far as I know have no "bromance" relationships.

I wasn't referring to anyone here. I don't see any of that. But it exists at some of the other places mentioned - I've witnessed it. I'm also one who doesn't think moderators should have the ability to give or receive Likes because it runs counter to impartiality, at least in appearances. I've seen users over and over get into squabbles in a thread, being wholly a part of those squabbles, and then when a Mod locks the thread with an admonition they plant a Like on the Mod's post. It's not only tacky it's meant to 'influence the jury' .. for lack of a better analogy. And when I see a Mod at some point later plant a Like on that member's post - what am I supposed to think? I mean, c'mon. This isn't advanced physics.
That's a human issue, not a moderator issue. No one can control how others think/act amongst a group of people. Not everyone is friendly, and no one likes everyone. Having the maturity level to take the high road is all that is needed.

If you see a member like a mods post, then later on a mod likes their post, and you think that's suspicious, that's a you problem.

The mods were members once upon a time. Why take membership away so they can run the place? We are talking about websites, not businesses.

Talk Bass
Yup, I hang around Talkbass a lot. Great forum.
I'm an OG Talkbass member from 2000 (July I think). I used to be on there a bunch but it kind of got so big it was hard to keep up with things. There are a couple of other groups that I kind of dropped off either due to too much activity or too little actiity.

There are a couple of other groups that I kind of dropped off either due to too much activity or too little actiity.
That's how I feel about the Steve Hoffman forums. Great stuff, but so active that I find it impossible to even come close to keeping up and therefore oddly overwhelming.

A forman at work makes custom pens. I don't know if "antiquated" or just cool but I'll ask him about that.
He's a cool guy. Plays keys and trumpet too.
And GREAT sense of humor!

Do you have a "catalogue" Mr. F. or do you just do it for hobby?
Folks say that my handwriting is "different".
By antiquated I just mean that it’s not very mainstream. The average consumer probably doesn’t know that fountain pens still exist! There’s a fountain pen revival of sorts going on and it’s true that they are pretty cool. Definitely not the old black pens from the 1940’s. I‘m a serial hobbiest. 😁 I don’t have a catalog online, but maybe someday.

If you’re inclined to do it you can completely relearn penmanship. About 5 years ago I realized that I hated my handwriting so I began a journey to relearn. It took me about a year and soon into it I realized that I needed a fountain pen to do it “properly”. One thing led to another and I found myself making my own pens. It’s extremely frustrating but very rewarding. I think that’s kind of how things work.

I like this forum.
There have been times when I logged in and "no more comments allowed" was up and I was "Awe man!"...But I understand

I am not angry. Often people try to help me get that way but I am very good at realizing where THEY are coming from...and I won't play along.

As for my penmanship, @Mr Farkle, when I said different, it's not bad...some folks have a problem with it (sometimes depending on what I wrote with), but others have said it's "cool" or kinda of "calligraphic". It's just the way I write and have for a long time, but it is also why I really do like fountain pens.

It's also why I seek out and install different fonts on my computers.

Anyway...Paltalk is still up...I wonder if Dawn is single (and still wants to kill me).

Visited every day
This one and Drummerword,
Before it was Nord Forum et Gearslutz, I still visit them but way less as I'm more focused on drums these days.
and that's it, no instagram, no Facebook etc

I like what I like and have my opinions, about a lot of things.
I know what is allowed here and it is not my "house" so I try to comply with the rules.
It's pretty simple really.
I spent a lot of time being angry...it sucks!
Happy Memorial Day...to those who recognize it. Happy whatever day to everyone else.
I guess "Happy" isn't the right word, but I think/hope you get my meaning.

I like what I like and have my opinions, about a lot of things.
I know what is allowed here and it is not my "house" so I try to comply with the rules.
It's pretty simple really.
I spent a lot of time being angry...it sucks!
Happy Memorial Day...to those who recognize it. Happy whatever day to everyone else.
I guess "Happy" isn't the right word, but I think/hope you get my meaning.
Thank for that, and yes I am on a one man mission to try and end the Happy part, since this is a solemn event and not really happy. But all is cool. Thanks

Back