your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

Mark O'Toole + Peter Gill from FGTH.

It's fairly well know that the only contribution by members of FGTH to Welcome to The Pleasuredome album are Hollie Johnson and Paul Rutherford's vocals. The rest is all session musicians and programming.

The whole band are on Liverpool though.

There are lotsa great ones: Alan Gorrie & Robbie MacIntosh, Anthony Jackson with Ferrone, Clive Chamen & Cozy Powell.
The Laborials ain't to shabby

Can't believe I'm the first to drop this combo:
Chambers/Wooten

Another for me,
Alexander/Claypool

It's fairly well know that the only contribution by members of FGTH to Welcome to The Pleasuredome album are Hollie Johnson and Paul Rutherford's vocals. The rest is all session musicians and programming.

It was Trevor Horn’s mates from the band Asia wasn’t it? :unsure:

You are right about "Welcome to the pleasure dome"!
Trevor Horn had an exact idea of how FGTH should sound and was not convinced that the band was musically qualified enough to realize it.
As a result, the first singles Relax and Two Tribes did not feature any of the band's musicians other than vocalist Holly Johnson.
Horn had studio musicians play instead and took over some instruments himself!

But I personally liked the album "Liverpool" better. Without this great influence of Trevor Horn.

Last edited:
You are right about "Welcome to the pleasure dome"!
Trevor Horn had an exact idea of how FGTH should sound and was not convinced that the band was musically qualified enough to realize it.
As a result, the first singles Relax and Two Tribes did not feature any of the band's musicians other than vocalist Holly Johnson.
Horn had studio musicians play instead and took over some instruments himself!

But I personally liked the album "Liverpool" better. Without this great influence of Trevor Horn influence
Oh yes, the band played on the 2nd album... (y) :)

Oh yes, the band played on the 2nd album... (y) :)
Check this out! What a great range of Horn‘s work as a producer! I love this DVD (y)

Marc Langis & Dominique Messier. Decades for Celine Dion. Groove all over.

Pino Palladino & Chris Dave. Tighter than a virgin.

Nick Mason & Guy Pratt. Pink Floyd galore.

Nathan East & John Robinson. Decades of groove.

James Jamerson & William Benjamin. Motown. The founders of the groove.

Leland Sklar & basically anyone he played for and with.

Chris Squire & Alan White. Yes. What more needs to be said.

Tony Levin & Manu Katchè. Peter Gabriel. Groove!

Sting & Vinnie Colaiuta. Nuff said too.

Can't get around Geddy and Neil! (don't forget about Alex--totally underrated guitar player!)

Joe Morello and Eugene Wright

Bill Bruford/Chris Squire

Last edited:
Back