What's your latest purchase?

20” Novo

Proud Of You Yes GIF

My fav china. I have it too. Welcome to the family ;)

Ok, so, the Arturia Drumbrute Impact in its spot with the rest, in the right corner. I just have to buy a midi splitter to have it received the midi clock from the 1rst Drumbrute and I'm good to go. Midi is also going to the TC Electronic Ditto X4 Looper to synchronize the loop with the drumboxes:
IMG_4332.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4334.JPGIMG_4335.JPGIMG_4336.JPG

Last edited:
Found a Made In Japan Fender Precision Lyte bass in a pawn shop. Its not a Squier.
Picked up 6-7 LED Chauvet stage lights at a thrift store for 10 each.

Trying out yet another ride cymbal.
Caught wind of something called a 22" Turkish Cappadocia Ride.
Liked what I heard on YT but a tad bit pricey for my wallet, so I him'd and haw'd over it for a while.
Last night was looking through Reverb for something else and ran across DCP's page and noticed they had one priced a few dollars less, so I pulled the trigger.
Today I got a "tracking number confirm" email from Reverb and while reading through it, noticed my order was for a FLAT ride.
:eek:NNNOOOOO!!!!!!:eek:
I swore I bought a regular ride, not a flat!
I looked back and found an earlier email confirming my purchase on a Flat Ride.
....dam it...:rolleyes::cautious:
So I looked up DCP and gave them a quick phone call and talked to Barrett.
Just by the grace of God, the cymbal hadn't shipped yet, so I told him of my mistake and he pulled the cymbal and was going to replace it with a regular Cappadocia ride, but the only one they had left was already spoken for.
I was just gonna cancel my order, but instead decided (since the order had already been made up) that I would replace it with a different cymbal.
Did a quick peek at their inventory and noticed they had another Turkish called a "Millenium".
Barrett confirmed it was a crashable ride, so I'm having him ship that one instead.
$40 refuned to my card, since its a less expensive cymbal, too!
He was able to simply supplant the Millenium into the standing order and the cymbal will be on its way to me later today.
If you ever deal with DCP, ask for Barrett. The guy was absolute aces. Super easy to deal with and remedied my problem quickly and competently.
I should have it around the end of the week. (y)

Kind of a" latest" purchase . . . sort of. Joe Montineri 7" X 15" Ribbon Mahogany. That's not a typo . . . it is 15". Commissioned in 2019, it just showed up on my porch this past weekend. Joe teamed up with his brother, Paul Montineri, and they knocked out my order.

I saw Drum Center of Portsmouth had a similar 7" X 15" Mahogany snare (wrapped) years ago. When I saw their video of it I was determined to own it, but
as fate would have it DCP sold it before I could afford to pull the trigger. I contacted Joe directly to discover he had this exact shell (pictured below) fully finished but undrilled when the client backed out of the deal on it. I won't lie, it was a longer wait than expected but was absolutely worth it. I'll order an Evans Calftone batter head soon for this beast.

JoeMontineriMahogany7X15_1.jpg

JoeMontineriMahogany7X15_2.jpg

Kind of a" latest" purchase . . . sort of. Joe Montineri 7" X 15" Ribbon Mahogany. That's not a typo . . . it is 15". Commissioned in 2019, it just showed up on my porch this past weekend. Joe teamed up with his brother, Paul Montineri, and they knocked out my order.

I saw Drum Center of Portsmouth had a similar 7" X 15" Mahogany snare (wrapped) years ago. When I saw their video of it I was determined to own it, but
as fate would have it DCP sold it before I could afford to pull the trigger. I contacted Joe directly to discover he had this exact shell (pictured below) fully finished but undrilled when the client backed out of the deal on it. I won't lie, it was a longer wait than expected but was absolutely worth it. I'll order an Evans Calftone batter head soon for this beast.

View attachment 123077

View attachment 123078
Wow, that's a real beauty! How many plies? It looks like a 1950's WFL Ray McKinley snare, on the inside, at least. Congratulations on your purchase.

Wow, that's a real beauty! How many plies? It looks like a 1950's WFL Ray McKinley snare, on the inside, at least. Congratulations on your purchase.
Thanks for the kind words.

It's a 6-ply shell: two plies of African Ribbon Stripe Mahogany, one ply of Maple, and three plates of Poplar (in Joe's own words "for the vintage sound!).

Nice find on the tom, Ryno.
The front head on your bass...is that supposed to be one of those painted scenes, like the old bass drums used to have?

Back