What's your latest purchase?

I know it's a bit of a stretch to consider this purchase percussion related...but I will put in the window on one side of our rehearsal space to blow air out and pull air in through the slightly opened windows on the other side of the practice space--thus creating a nice little cross ventilation when we rehearse to reduce our COVID risk and keep us cool. So I think it qualifies!

View attachment 114310
Practice rooms can get pretty locker-roomy without some ventilation. A wise move indeed.

View attachment 114271

View attachment 114272
Coming back from Montana I’ve snagged this rare gem.

It’s a 14”x5” copper Sensitone snare that I’ve been eyeing for some time with SR150 Click-lock throw.

Since I’ve spotted it, I did all the research I could, mostly coming up empty though there’s a single audiophile on YT from Japan.

Besides the occasional free floating shell and the 3.5” Smitty sig, I recall not ever seeing one of these.

I’ll need to find out more about it from Pearl, it has a Pearl tagged serial inside shell.

It sounds so sweet!
Between all the copper or bronze what that exits, this model,the Pearl Sensitive is my preferred one I think, more than the Greatch Bronze. You are presenting us the copper version but I know that the bronze version exits as well, hence my remark. Great acquisition!!! I love it!

Some 90 degree XLR pigtails so my tom mics can fit under the small cymbals and hats living above them. They clock in at around 15 each on Amazon, so I only got 4 of them.
I did that because my cymbals are quite close to the tom but bought them with 15", they will stay in my basement and I will buy or rent new ones for the next show.

Not instrument per se, but sill important for recording in order to treat your room first. Primacoustic panels, 48X24X2" London bass trap with Off Set Impalers (make it 3.5" from the wall, increase the efficiency in the 300/400 hrtz region) with one extra panel not used due to the railing on the left of the wall so, Cumulus (The Triangle instead of a full vertical panel) on the top wall and ceiling corner. I have put one of my two Yorkville LED2 inside the panel/wall space for a nice color scheme. I might put the reminding LED Spot behind the panel on the wall with a set off impaler though!?
IMG_20220214_181715.jpgIMG_20220214_181805.jpgIMG_20220214_181742.jpgIMG_20220226_013211.jpgIMG_20220226_012650.jpgIMG_20220226_012801.jpg

Last edited:
Oups sorry, deleted.

Between all the copper or bronze what that exits, this model,the Pearl Sensitive is my preferred one I think, more than the Greatch Bronze. You are presenting us the copper version but I know that the bronze version exits as well, hence my remark. Great acquisition!!! I love it!
Thank you.

Yes I have the bronze version as well, that’s why it was an easier case for me to ‘contend’ that it was copper.

Still looking from time to time, I’ve not seen another copper Sensitone like this anywhere.

Treated my self this weekend.

Bought this pedal and gonna give this ahead snare a try:

Once I figure out which pedal I prefer out of the pearl or my DW MDD, then the other gets sold.

6CDA9AAD-3BB7-4F36-9BF2-6F003D4E812C.jpeg4131C757-0270-4577-8B2C-1660C8A5F3B0.jpeg

Treated my self this weekend.

Bought this pedal and gonna give this ahead snare a try:

View attachment 115179
I have the same snare- well, chrome hardware, and I don't know if mine is "bell brass", but it's brass- and I love it. It sounds so great, non-drummers notice and compliment it.

Added a couple more snares to the ever growing Gretsch arsenal:

Brooklyn Steel Snare Drum - 7 x 13 inch - that’ll be headed sky high soon​

Renown Series Snare Drum - 6.5 x 14 inch - an overlooked gem I think. I’ll be pairing that with a big fat snare drum for a fat 80s sound​

Picked up some new heads - BFSD - Some Evans e-rings to play around with (I like cutting these into sections and taping those sections on for moderate control), a couple of cases and a few more pairs of the promark Carter Mclean signature sticks just to make sure I don’t run out.

Attachments

• B4668550-EAFD-46EC-BD2B-660B50E54493.jpeg
    B4668550-EAFD-46EC-BD2B-660B50E54493.jpeg
    488.1 KB · Views: 12
A few Jethro Tull albums. I just wanted to display the covers, I haven't had a turntable since 1990.

JT_AC01.jpg

JT_AC02.jpg

I really want to frame them, eventually.

Back