What's your latest purchase?

AB4E8EE0-0D46-4A67-A934-0A826FBDE721.jpeg

A new Pearl C800W stand

9AB54FBA-428F-4942-984E-7573DC0EA2A6.jpeg

And a new (to me) cymbal to go on it!!

Finally got my hands on a second hand 18” HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash for my second right hand side crash option.

Been after one for a while, should arrive before it’s road tested at a gig this weekend.

Just a second Audio-technica ATH M50X, I have the same (Not the X model, only one cable attached permanently) in black and when we practice or record, my daughter could use one, especially because this one is in White!! It was on sale at 20% during the end of the year inventory sale at my usual store, I had called and put a deposit to get it on hold and I picked it up yesterday.
IMG_20220301_083817.jpgIMG_20220301_083928.jpgIMG_20220301_084041.jpg

Just a second Audio-technica ATH M50X, I have the same (Not the X model, only one cable attached permanently) in black and when we practice or record, my daughter could use one, especially because this one is in White!! It was on sale at 20% during the end of the year inventory sale at my usual store, I had called and put a deposit to get it on hold and I picked it up yesterday.
View attachment 115290View attachment 115291View attachment 115292

dammit....now I want a set of these....

Added a couple more snares to the ever growing Gretsch arsenal:

Brooklyn Steel Snare Drum - 7 x 13 inch - that’ll be headed sky high soon​

Renown Series Snare Drum - 6.5 x 14 inch - an overlooked gem I think. I’ll be pairing that with a big fat snare drum for a fat 80s sound​

Picked up some new heads - BFSD - Some Evans e-rings to play around with (I like cutting these into sections and taping those sections on for moderate control), a couple of cases and a few more pairs of the promark Carter Mclean signature sticks just to make sure I don’t run out.
Let us know what you think of the snares, Nicholas. I have (and love) those models, but in different sizes. I especially like the Brooklyn steel. It's my best steel snare, by far.

View attachment 115283

A new Pearl C800W stand

View attachment 115284

And a new (to me) cymbal to go on it!!

Finally got my hands on a second hand 18” HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash for my second right hand side crash option.

Been after one for a while, should arrive before it’s road tested at a gig this weekend.

I have that same cymbal and love it. To my ear, it sits somewhere between a crash and a china-type. Let us know how it does on your upcoming gig.

Well I think I've been outspoken how much I despise e kits and mentioned it would be a cold day in hell before I"d buy one. So welcome to hell- a bothersome neighbor has magical powers and hell has actually frozen over. I didn't spend a lot of money on it so when I finally set it on fire I won't be out to much LOL.k It's an early birthday gift-turn 67 in April. It's heresy and I just ask not to be excommunicated.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 6
Let us know what you think of the snares, Nicholas. I have (and love) those models, but in different sizes. I especially like the Brooklyn steel. It's my best steel snare, by far.

After I got the new heads and played around - that 13x7 is a freaking gem. I have it high - but that depth gives it a lot of character...not just a crack, but a crack with some depth. I might try to track down a die cast hoop for it to really give it some more bite.

Serious contender for primary snare with my hip hop jazz funk thing with an evans premuffled head.

The Renown is freaking beautiful - for being a mid line snare that usually get replaced pretty quick...that's a beautiful drum honestly. It's the one the band is most excited about - I have it tuned it down and muffled and it has this amazing, warm but....lo fi, synth sound...perfect for our upcoming lo fi album we're working on later this year. It's fantastic and it sounded awesome before I muffled it up. I don't want to say "boxy" because that's not the sound...but intentionally retro is how I have it and it's awesome.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Nice
Thanks!

I felt like the price on the set was too good to pass up. (It was good to begin with, but didn't have the recent increases added on.)
I also got the snare for the "old" price. I was hesitant to get it as I have some great snares, but I never tried a Gretsch snare and really wanted to check it out. I'm very glad I did - it sounds fantastic.
I came very late to Gretsch (Oct 2021), but I absolutely love them.

Now I need to think about adding to the "what gear have you sold recently" thread!

Decided I like the Aluminum Optimount over the black one and found one for a great deal,

69DEF440-8A72-41EB-8874-F4D71F95AB05.jpeg

A 2003 collectors shell set in ebony satin oil. I have a later model one and always wanted a 14” floor tom to go with it. This kit just came up for the price of ordering a new floor tom from Dw (and getting it shipped here to Australia) so I figured why not?

It has those vintage ambassadors and vintage emperors, never encountered these before but they sound really open.

44DA7A6E-8160-4CEF-82F6-E8B252E312C1.jpeg

A 2003 collectors shell set in ebony satin oil. I have a later model one and always wanted a 14” floor tom to go with it. This kit just came up for the price of ordering a new floor tom from Dw (and getting it shipped here to Australia) so I figured why not?

It has those vintage ambassadors and vintage emperors, never encountered these before but they sound really open.

View attachment 115422
You can make a big double bass kit!

View attachment 115422

That's a nice set up - looks comfy.

I did check them online but never had the time to really buy them, it's done and they sound awesome, Big Fat Snare Drums, either the normal one or the donut:
IMG_20220304_100044.jpg
IMG_20220304_100157.jpg

Well, another "busy" days but I had to order cables at Sweetwater for the Insert with XLR, they were crazy expensive at 63$ plus taxes at my store!!!
Anyway, Sabian HHX X-Trem 17", I wanted a high pitched cymbal to go well with my Paiste Dark Energy 15" and 19", well, some shimmering on top, not high as with an AAX...So, clearly quite trashy, I had planned to put it instead of a HHX Xplosion14" but in fact, it was at a better place close to the Meinl Equilibrium China 20". The sound is very nice but I'm not sure this was the sound I had in mind, I will check but maybe I will return it to pay for the HH RBDR that I bought yesterday. The 17" was at a great price though so, I don't know.
IMG_20220304_152818.jpgIMG_20220304_152346.jpgIMG_20220304_152221.jpgIMG_20220304_152140.jpg
Plus the Drawmer Gate DS201 that arrived today from Japan (110$ including shipping!!), I already have one on bottom snares 1 & 2, this will go for the snare 3 bottom and maybe on the Floor Tom 15"/Snare 4, 15X8" from Summit drums that is planned later on. The filters in the Key Source are great on this and even for using them just when you need a filter in your recording or mixing and you don't want to go through the ones in your synths. But as a filter to make sure it triggers the gate on the bottom snare only without triggering on the Bass drum or the hihat, it's super efficient.
IMG_20220304_153918.jpg

Last edited:
Back