What are you listening to right now?

Didn't listen all the way through (things to do!) but this should provide you with an answer....

Thank you for finding this and posting it! Fascinating discussion about John Densmore, including his mod orange Ludwig downbeat kit. According to this historian, the ride on the song was a Paiste 602.

Last edited:
Well?...im at a Japanese restaurant having a brew while I wait for an order listening to some super relaxing Japanese music. Good for the soul...and blood pressure. So nice to sit down and not hear You give love a bad name once.

Thank you for finding this and posting it! Fascinating discussion about John Densmore, including his mod orange Ludwig downbeat kit. According to this historian, the ride on the song was a Paiste 602.
That jives with an old issue of Modern Drummer I had back in the early 80's when someone asked what his cymbal setup was and he mentioned he used 602's and 505's.
I didn't know he was using Paiste cymbals back then, though.

That jives with an old issue of Modern Drummer I had back in the early 80's when someone asked what his cymbal setup was and he mentioned he used 602's and 505's.
I didn't know he was using Paiste cymbals back then, though.
I always take things with a grain of salt, particularly when I can't see cited sources. But the video makes me want to do some research. Very interesting sounding ride cymbal on "Riders of the Storm" and of course Densmore was using it with great finesse

Streaming Carol King Genre Music right now....includes Simon & G, Carly Simon, and other Fok Rock performers. I picked Folk Rock mix form the Pandora Bag!!.

recorded 1 month ago- the ever-exuberant Bobby Columby- worth a listen

Last edited:
Cream (Live in Royal Albert Hall)
"White Room"
Ginger Baker on Drums

"Sunshine of Your Love"
Ginger Baker on Drums

"Toad"
Ginger Baker on Drums

Last edited:
This band is "heavy metal". I wonder if the band members quibble.

I have to admit that since Jimmy Buffet died on Sept. 1st., I have been listening to a lot of his music. I forgot how much fun it was. Just good, jumpy tunes, to dance to or tap your feet to. Then last night I saw a concert of his from 2011, from Las Vegas . Not sure of the venue, but the outdoor stadium was packed with Parrot Heads, and Sharks. He had eleven musicians on stage for his Coral Reefer band and they were having as much fun as the crowd. Good Stuff. RIP Jimmy.

Sonny Freeman with Fibes in Fi-vel (Fibes velvet) finish...
oh yea 1971

We just replaced the guy repairing printers here because of his bad customer service, so I celebrate this by listening to:

We are the champions.

Been listening to Don Ellis "Connection" album with the great Paul Humphrey on drums, a few Bob James' albums full of top-notch groove masters, the Steely Dan catalogue and a CTI gem, "Benson & Farrell" with my main man, Andy Newmark, layin' down those 70s soft-jazz beats.

Could you be referring to...

Listening to your video right now and I like it very much so far, still in the quiet part of the show. I like how the drummer plays, soft playing, very nice cymbals, this is my type of drumming.

Thanks for the selection.

Back