Trixon snare restoration

KenDoken

I acquired a Trixon snare maybe luxor? The original snares were not included amd 14s seemed overlong so tied some 13" wires on and used a hair band to keep engaged. It has a happy tone that i havent heard and looks cute so thought i would give it some love
20230917_165228.jpg
Im aware the original snares with plastic clips are unique and hard to come by so I may have to try and make. Does anyone have one of these? If so could you could you advise me on them?

Attachments

• 20230917_165256.jpg
    20230917_165256.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230917_165323.jpg
    20230917_165323.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 7
I acquired a Trixon snare maybe luxor? The original snares were not included amd 14s seemed overlong so tied some 13" wires on and used a hair band to keep engaged. It has a happy tone that i havent heard and looks cute so thought i would give it some love
View attachment 138870
Im aware the original snares with plastic clips are unique and hard to come by so I may have to try and make. Does anyone have one of these? If so could you could you advise me on them?
That was EXACTLY my first snare (part of a 4-piece kit) bought for £50, about what feels like 100 years ago!
Being new to drumming & pretty clueless (nothing's changed...o_O) I had it fitted with a blue Evans Hydraulic head (😲) & thought it sounded killer!
When I got married in the early 80's & stopped gigging, it sat in my garage, got damp, & was eventually binned.... Shame on me!

Apologies for hijacking your thread with no useful advice...🥴

Allowing for parallax, I’d call it 355mm when stretched

View attachment 138914

Thanks d thats very helpful.

Seems soldering new ends on a standard set will not work as they travel past the shell edge (ala dynosonic, pearl ff)

I did hear back from the american arm of bibin tho - bill ray who pointed me in the direction of bettadrums.co.uk ( the uk distribitor )

This one might take a while to sort out. In the meantime i will enjoy the drum in its current form

Back