That Dunnett Clamp For Floor Tom Legs

BobC

Silver Member
I saw something here over the weekend for a contraption Ronn Dunnett makes that clamps on to the bottom rim and converts hanging floor toms into actual "floor" toms. What is the name of that product? There's nothing on Dunnett's website. They have them at Sweetwater, but my "sales engineer" seems too busy to return my calls lately.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I considered getting these when I was figuring out every way possible to not drill into my Pork Pie USA kit a couple of years ago. I didn't like the fact that you have to use a drum key to remove or install the drum legs. I already had a suspension basket that did the same thing.

There's no shame in drilling the shell my friend!

These are also good for mounting an accessory arm off of a conventional hoop (rather than a wood bass drum hoop). You can use it on a triple flange hoop to mount a cymbal arm, cowbell rod etc.

I considered getting these when I was figuring out every way possible to not drill into my Pork Pie USA kit a couple of years ago. I didn't like the fact that you have to use a drum key to remove or install the drum legs. I already had a suspension basket that did the same thing.

There's no shame in drilling the shell my friend!
Could the Ludwig Atlas mount the Pork Pie kits?

I'd like to try those Ludwig Atlas mounts to convert lug to leg holder before something attaching to rim.

This would work to convert a suspended Tom to a floor Tom .

If you are talking about the Atlas mounts that are both a drum lug AND a floor tom bracket, then no. They don't work.
It actually might work, if I understand the Atlas mount correctly. The Atlas mount replaces an existing lug on your drum. It has adjustable hole spacing so it can fit a variety of existing lug holes in the shell. The only reasons I could see the Ludwig Atlas mount NOT working are:

1. You have a single hole lug.
2. The hole spacing is very odd (too far apart or too close together) for the Atlas mount to adjust to.

Am I thinking right on that? Also, just a word of warning, the Atlas mounts are bulky and heavy, and make drums more difficult to fit into bags/cases and tight spaces in your set up.

I’ve used both the Atlas lug and the Inde BR3 and my vote goes to the Inde all day long. For instances where three wing bolts on a floor tom might stick out too much for its case, you can special order the BR3 with tension rod tightening instead of a wing bolt.

I like this better because it takes the weight off the hoop and the drum is resting on rubber grommets at four of the lugs. They have these at DrumFactoryDirect.EE4E1981-CBDE-490A-B733-0F4289E70E4A.jpeg

Back