That Dunnett Clamp For Floor Tom Legs

It actually might work, if I understand the Atlas mount correctly. The Atlas mount replaces an existing lug on your drum. It has adjustable hole spacing so it can fit a variety of existing lug holes in the shell. The only reasons I could see the Ludwig Atlas mount NOT working are:

1. You have a single hole lug.
2. The hole spacing is very odd (too far apart or too close together) for the Atlas mount to adjust to.

Am I thinking right on that? Also, just a word of warning, the Atlas mounts are bulky and heavy, and make drums more difficult to fit into bags/cases and tight spaces in your set up.

The hole spacing on pork pie lugs are too close together.

Good to know. Does the Inde bracket have the same limitation or didn't you try one?

I didn't bother due to the cost. I emailed Bill Detamore and asked him if drilling the shell to install brackets would have a negative effect on the value of these, and I think his response was "Not at all." I ended up drilling and installing brackets, then I sold them like 2 months afterwards.

I like this better because it takes the weight off the hoop and the drum is resting on rubber grommets at four of the lugs. They have these at DrumFactoryDirect.View attachment 143882
I think this might be the best solution. Thanks, Bo.

Back