Is that the answer?..
Still have a distinctive (extremely noticeable) sound
and a tradition back to the 1800s.
Yea on that count; I'm gonna call that an I win
LOL šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
Think I'd rather have an Eames. I always like the dark Horse
darker the better

Ok, so, I had on my list of snare to buy one because they had a very nice gloss finish and I love their lugs. So, I didn't know the two guys that have left but does it means they were the ones making the drums and then now, no one will do it the way they were? Does it mean that I should go for a Cask snare instead? Dave Smith lost his company to Yamaha inth E 80's and restarted his company DSI and was back again in the game up to the pint that, two years before dying, at age 72, he did again the Prophet 5 and Prophet 10, the most belved and thought after synths of all times, the first polyphonic symths with memory.... He invented midi and Yamaha, after Roland has asked them, gave him back his name, Sequential Circuits....
There is good stories after some companies stopped, why this is mandatory going to be a catastrophe? Sorry for being naive, I might not know enough the history of this CIE even if I have read what they did for the last 100 years but, it could be a good thing fonally, no?
Why the guy who now owns the CIE is going to do crap jobs? Who is he? And why the former guys, the son and his Dad won't be able to redo a new N&C CIE??

Ok, so, I had on my list of snare to buy one because they had a very nice gloss finish and I love their lugs. So, I didn't know the two guys that have left but does it means they were the ones making the drums and then now, no one will do it the way they were? Does it mean that I should go for a Cask snare instead? Dave Smith lost his company to Yamaha inth E 80's and restarted his company DSI and was back again in the game up to the pint that, two years before dying, at age 72, he did again the Prophet 5 and Prophet 10, the most belved and thought after synths of all times, the first polyphonic symths with memory.... He invented midi and Yamaha, after Roland has asked them, gave him back his name, Sequential Circuits....
There is good stories after some companies stopped, why this is mandatory going to be a catastrophe? Sorry for being naive, I might not know enough the history of this CIE even if I have read what they did for the last 100 years but, it could be a good thing fonally, no?
Why the guy who now owns the CIE is going to do crap jobs? Who is he? And why the former guys, the son and his Dad won't be able to redo a new N&C CIE??
Would it surprise me? Not in the least.

Faux discounts?!?!?! I get "Artist"/ Endorsee pricing from over priced Soultone cymbals...Im an artist damn you!!!! Take your fancy french word and just do whatever with it but im telling you, I am an artist!!!!! ( p.s. I love my Paistes)

I sort of did this with Heartbeat cymbals. They have three prices. The list price (that no one pays), the discounted price (what you see on the website), and the artist pricing...which is actually below the discounted price for repeat customers. I told them I didn't care about being on their website or anything like that, but I would like artist pricing which is below their discounted price. I don't care about being one of their featured artists as much as I do love their cymbals. I play them because I like them, not because I want to be famous. šŸ¤£

Now, if I can work the same deal out with Vic Firth, Remo, and Evans.

I sort of did this with Heartbeat cymbals. They have three prices. The list price (that no one pays), the discounted price (what you see on the website), and the artist pricing...which is actually below the discounted price for repeat customers. I told them I didn't care about being on their website or anything like that, but I would like artist pricing which is below their discounted price. I don't care about being one of their featured artists as much as I do love their cymbals. I play them because I like them, not because I want to be famous. šŸ¤£

Now, if I can work the same deal out with Vic Firth, Remo, and Evans.
Remo and Evans together would be a tough trick to pull off ;)

I am not feeling warm and fuzzy that my add on toms and snare to complete my walnut kit will arrive in November as promised . If not, I will be cancelling my order and using the proceeds on a BDC kit .
Just wanted to say, I love BDC stuff. I donā€™t want to see Noble and Cooley go under, but man, Iā€™d love to hear a review of a full BDC kit.

I may have missed this but who is the current owner and why/how did the Cooley decedents become redundant? How sad. . .

Jay Jones and Nick Jones are seventh generation family members for Noble and Cooley . A while back John Keane was brought in as an investor with an interest in the company . My understanding is Jay sold his shares to John Keane . Nick Jones is still a shareholder but not the majority shareholder . Jay resigned a few months ago (some say fired ) after the sale of his shares .
Nick did not like the direction that John Keane wanted to take the company in , nor did he like the role John Keane wanted him to play and Nick resigned . I was told there is a one year non compete clause for Nick .
Thank you for the explaination - much appreciated. I'm a Gretsch guy but this still sounds really sad to me.

Here is this interview from 2015 from JK, seemed like a fan of the of N&C first, drummer and long time user who had a business background along with capital probably. When I read this (or at least skim it), nothing stands out to something of what 'direction' difference could be.

As an outsider looking in, the family legacy and master builders exiting and this strange Sweetwater push with no mentioned of anything regarding immediate changes, the whole situation is super weird from a N&C fan perspective.

Here is this interview from 2015 from JK, seemed like a fan of the of N&C first, drummer and long time user who had a business background along with capital probably. When I read this (or at least skim it), nothing stands out to something of what 'direction' difference could be.

As an outsider looking in, the family legacy and master builders exiting and this strange Sweetwater push with no mentioned of anything regarding immediate changes, the whole situation is super weird from a N&C fan perspective.

On the surface as an outsider it ā€œappearsā€ like the old Joneses werenā€™t comfortable with the changes ( expansion I suppose)

On the surface as an outsider it ā€œappearsā€ like the old Joneses werenā€™t comfortable with the changes ( expansion I suppose)
Yeah, I have less than no special knowledge on this, but the family leaving at virtually the exact same time that the Sweetwater deal is announced makes it seem likely they're going to need to ramp up their production significantly. Which would sure seem to require some big changes in the day-to-day operation.

Back