Stewart Copeland

how did that music/loop/ start -the same time he hit the percussion
- the little bass (guitar) drop / slide was the only lead in +/-
pretty quick/ at/ 0:16

Last edited:
how did that music/loop/ start -the same time he hit the percussion
- the little bass (guitar) drop / slide was the only lead in +/-
pretty quick/ at/ 0:16

I didn't watch all of the video, but I'm assuming he's on a click and playing to a sequenced track.

A buddy of mine played on a tour where there were sequenced tracks and all of the show's lights were also tied to the click, so if your off you see & hear it. This was playing tech-death at 200+ bpm.

Last edited:
I was extremely fortunate to catch this tour when the Police played Montreal in 2007. One of the bands I was SURE I would never get to see live.

It was mesmerizing from start to finish.
I bet. I would have loved to have seen it. Just about every video I watch from this tour is awesome.

My best Police memory was the end of a world tour, Sting said they would do all the obvious songs first then they just freeform jammed out.. guess they were over playing the hits. was good..

I'm a bit surprised anyone would call Copeland underrated. I went to high school in the 80s and had a lot of friends who were drummers. Him, Peart, Bonham and Moon were Mt. Rushmore as far as we were concerned.
But not Moon, for me. Tommy Aldridge.

The old drummers had their own sound and style.

Now every drummer sounds the same.
All these flashy licks lol.

I could tell Bonham or Bruford or Giles or Cobham by their feel and tone,not their chops.

Todays scene seems so competititive.

The fastest drummer,who can play the most grips,who can out do each other instead of focussing on the music.

I 'd love to learn all that tech stuff but my heart is in't in to it.

I see a dvd of a bloke playing some flashy stuff and the song is usually really cheesy fusion stuff with really 80s sounds lol and that's the only time you can use those flashy techniques,with really cheesy music.

The soul of music has dimished somewhat for the purpose of compettitiveness.

My feelings.

You can hate me.

I hate myself more so fire away.

Just prefer something like Cobhams Spectrum with soul than todays shyte with cheesy cheesy tone and songs.

"that guy is no good"
Why
"he doesn't have trad grip for a start"

"and?"
"he doesn't know how to play moellor grip"

LMAO.
I agree. Plus, EVERYTHING today (even live) is played to a click. I was listening to the first ASIA album and Carl Palmer is all over the place time-wise. Obviously, no click was used

Back